Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sexymouse
    • By sexymouse 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    • 5,687Posts
    • 70,489Thanks
    sexymouse
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13
    • 13th Apr 16, 12:29 PM
    Official Trying to Conceive - Thread 13 13th Apr 16 at 12:29 PM
    This is the new thread for those trying for a baby.
    The previous one is here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5143999

Please be aware that this is a thread for those trying to conceive. If you wish to announce a pregnancy (or are only a couple of days from testing) and you have never used this thread before, please either wait until CD1 or use the less than 12 weeks pregnant thread. Hormones can run high on here (nature of the thread!) so please be sensitive. Many thanks!

List of Users
    Alex_88 TTC #1 since 09/15
    angel11 (34) TTC #1 Since 08/15
    Apple1985 (30) TTC #1 Since 12/15
    big5
    (33) TTC #2 Since 2/16
    cats2012 (27) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    Clarabell1984 (31) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    easilydistracted (33) TTC#1 Since 01/16
    Keekee (38) TTC #1 Since 05/15
    MancMama4 (35) TTC #1 () Since 04/15
    Meepmeep (40) TTC #1 Since 01/16
    Midget1907 (29) TTC #1 Since 09/15
    Milliebob (27) TTC #2 Since 05/15
    newthrift (25) TTC #1 Since 11/15
    pinkpetal (36) TTC #1 Since 10/15
    sexymouse (32) TTC #3 (
    ) Since 02/16
    Tinks05 (27) TTC #1 Since 03/16
    VicVics (29) TTC #2 Since 04/16

Those with * used Preseed/Conceive Plus

Thread Graduates
    big5 BFP 15/6/16
    sexymouse BFP 4/6/16
    newthrift BFP 23/5/16
    VicVics BFP 16/5/16
    MancMama4 BFP 29/4/16
    pinkpetal BFP 24/4/16
    Apple1985 BFP 19/4/16
    Tinks05 BFP 18/4/16

Link to abbreviations courtesy of MadMac from previous threads - http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/abbrevs.htm

The most common ones are:

AF - Aunt Flo (period)
    BFP - Big Fat Positive (+ on home pregnancy test)
    BD - Baby dance (making babies)
    CBFM - Clearblue fertility monitor
    CD - Cycle date (CD1 is the 1st day of period)
    DPO - Days past ovulation (if ovulation was on CD15, then that is 0DPO, CD16 is 1DPO)
    HPT - Home Pregnancy Test
    IC - Internet cheapie (IC OPKs, hpts)
    NTNP - Not trying not preventing (pregnancy)
    OV - ovulation
    OPK - ovulation predictor kits
    SBDTA - Sticky baby dust to all
    SS - symptom spotting
    Temp - temperature (BBT)
    TLP - Tiny little positive (faint positive on pregnancy test)

Also, an useful website telling you when to test, when you are ovulating and how the egg is developing etc found by Smash7 is here: http://www.pregnology.com

This website is also useful http://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
    It details the Sperm Meets Egg Plan (SMEP) which some have found helpful in conceiving.

Some TMI cm pics here:
    http://www.fertilityuk.org/nfps401.html

Drugs you can take when pregnant
    Some CBFM FAQs
    Vitamins and minerals that can aid conception and pregnancy

Sensitivity of home pregnancy tests (lower = more sensitive, earlier results)
    Superdrug Own Brand (pink box - states can use 4 days before late AF on box) 10mIU
    First Vue dip tests (poundland) - 20mIU
    One step midstream (ALDI) - 25mIU
    Clearblue - 25mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50mIU
    First response early response - 12.5mIU
    Boots own brand - 25mIU/50mIU
    Sainsburys own - 15mIU
    Tesco own - 25mIU
    ASDA own - 25mIU
    CBD with conception indicator - 25mIU

There is no such thing as a silly question, so please ask anything you are curious about. Many of us have 'been there done that' and many of our graduates still read this thread and are happy to offer advice when it is needed and relevant.

As with everything deemed medical, we cannot offer medical advice, so please visit or call your GP if you have any concerns or questions. Getting a preconception check up is recommended and allows your GP to know that you're trying for a baby as well as identifying and rectifying any issues or problems that may interfere with a pregnancy before you conceive.
    Last edited by sexymouse; 19-06-2016 at 9:06 PM.
    Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.
    I married Moon 8/4/2011, baby boy born 26/9/2012, Poppy born 8/11/2015, rainbow baby boy born 11/2/2017
Page 167
    • rainbow-dust
    • By rainbow-dust 1st Oct 17, 9:46 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    rainbow-dust
    Hi, thanks for the advice I have now downloaded the ovia app, The app is saying I'm fertile just now, fingers crossed its right
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 1st Oct 17, 10:57 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Fingers crossed for you Thrift! X

As per our previous conversation, DH still doesn't seem to get it He asked if I shouldn't be having a period now [this was on Friday]. Well, no, I shouldn't. But when I checked my app it had put the date I'm due on back by 3 days... I have irregular cycles thanks to endo (yep, add it to the list) and I think the app is trying to calculate itself. So I really don't know anymore - will just see what happens!
    • FreddieFrugal
    • By FreddieFrugal 2nd Oct 17, 7:10 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,666 Thanks
    FreddieFrugal
    hello, hope you're all well. AF has stopped - CD7 today

Her last cycle was a lot longer 36 days. Which isn't actually that long. When we were first trying they were between 34 and 39 days.

Just straight after the baby they were averaging more around 30 for several months. It probably is work stress that's causing them to be longer.

Excited to be able to start trying again now. Glow predicts OV on CD18. But since the cycle lengths have always varied we're definitely taking that with a pinch of salt!

Will just start trying every few days and see what happens.

Good luck to everyone
    Mortgage remaining: £43,140 of £77,000 (2.59% til 04/18)

Savings target July 17 - £17,960 / £28,000
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 2nd Oct 17, 2:01 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I'm writing down a virtual *huff*! Since I seem to ovulate straight after my period my two week wait is more like a three week wait. I decided this morning that I am particularly bored of this! I just wanted to get that out amongst people who will understand I had a day of spotting mid-month too, which I always get, so I figured that was me out there and then I guess, perhaps it's just impatience to start trying again.

And of course, I am waiting for SIL to start rubbing it in too - again!
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 2nd Oct 17, 2:02 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Oh and happy Monday, everyone!
    • athensgeorgia
    • By athensgeorgia 2nd Oct 17, 2:27 PM
    • 680 Posts
    • 578 Thanks
    athensgeorgia
    I'm writing down a virtual *huff*! Since I seem to ovulate straight after my period my two week wait is more like a three week wait. I decided this morning that I am particularly bored of this! I just wanted to get that out amongst people who will understand I had a day of spotting mid-month too, which I always get, so I figured that was me out there and then I guess, perhaps it's just impatience to start trying again.
    Originally posted by LavenderBee
    Is it possible the mid-cycle bleeding is OV on the way ? It's not very common but can happen from what I've read. There's a dip in, I think estrogen, which triggers a small bleed just before OV.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 2nd Oct 17, 2:54 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Is it possible the mid-cycle bleeding is OV on the way ? It's not very common but can happen from what I've read. There's a dip in, I think estrogen, which triggers a small bleed just before OV.
    Originally posted by athensgeorgia

Thanks, Athens. It happens well after I've finished ovulating so I don't think it is; you'd like to think it was implantation but given that it happens every month, and nothing has ever implanted, I heavily doubt that.

Looking back at my records it's actually the same sort of time I used to get a heavy-mid-month-period-not-period, before I had my laproscopy. I guess it's just a "hangover" from that - I just hope that it doesn't get to be that significant again as that was clearly an issue in trying to conceive before!
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 3rd Oct 17, 10:43 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Zeni
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD43 Spooney7 - 22 dpo
    CD32 thrift360
    CD36 athensgeorgia - 9 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD28 Toots14- awaiting ovulation
    CD5 Zeni

"Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD1 LavenderBee

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LKRDN_Morgan
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig
    ButterflyBabe

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    emdoug 26/09/17
    Teeniepops 14/09/17
    Chelle22 10/09/17
    KateySW 08/09/17
    MrsNubs 25/08/17
    Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    Last edited by Zeni; 03-10-2017 at 6:00 PM.
    Swagbuckling since Aug 2016 - Earnings so far.. £55.
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 3rd Oct 17, 10:46 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Zeni
    AF is done hurrah so onto the next month!
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 3rd Oct 17, 12:08 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Hello Zeni

Please can you move me to the wine and chocolate zone. Again.

23 day cycle now, they're getting closer together again Last time that happened I wound up on a 14 day cycle I thought I was due Friday, app said next Monday(!), turns out we were both wrong! I will never say I am bored of waiting again!

I'm glad you're back for another round though, Zeni

This is slightly off-topic, but has anyone else tried a tens machine for period pain?
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 3rd Oct 17, 6:01 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Zeni
    All moved hun, that must be really annoying sending hugs your way xx
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 3rd Oct 17, 6:54 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Thanks, Zeni. Feeling deflated today - next month is month 12 of trying, and there was so much baby talk at work today! Bloomin' offices!
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 3rd Oct 17, 7:14 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Zeni
    I know what you mean this is month 10 and all around me at work surrounded by pregnancies. One of my partner teacher is off mat leave at Xmas, and her TA in November.
    • spooney7
    • By spooney7 4th Oct 17, 9:49 AM
    • 80 Posts
    • 153 Thanks
    spooney7
    Hi all,

Congratulations to all the new BFPs! Hugs to all that need them.

CD11 for me, I've been taking a bit of a breather since we can't do Clomid this cycle- got another scan next week to see what happens next. In the meantime, I'm concentrating on getting back on my diet (I lost 2 stone, then put 1 back on lol), and taking care of myself- I cut my hair off (myself! Very MSE haha!) and I'm planning to take part in NaNoWriMo next month.

Wishing everyone buckets of baby dust xx
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 4th Oct 17, 12:46 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    I'm kind of glad it's not just me, Zeni; it's so easy to feel like the whole world is against you. But equally I can totally imagine your frustration

I think I need a new category to be put in (shall we call it the "B***** Awkward Zone"?!). AF has stopped. Yesterday I had a small bleed in the morning, and what turned out to be only be spotting for the rest of the day. Painful day as usual. I used to get this a lot, normally for 2 days, then full on awful period, then it'd peter out. I went for an angry-with-the-world-run yesterday evening too. Absolutely nothing, pain stopped, everything. So am I'm kind of on CD25 now? Perhaps? But I don't think I deserve to be in the "BFP hopeful" category either.

Have marked all symptoms in my calendar, which, incidentally, is now predicting AF on Sunday. Having originally been Saturday, then Monday, whilst I predicted Friday all along...
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 4th Oct 17, 12:47 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    Just read your post, Spooney. Well done for taking care of yourself x What's NaNoWriMo out of interest?
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 4th Oct 17, 8:02 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Zeni
    TTC Thread

Two Week Wait (BFP Hopefuls)
    CD33 thrift360
    CD37 athensgeorgia - 9 dpo

"If in doubt - BD" Zone
    CD29 Toots14- awaiting ovulation
    CD6 Zeni
    CD11 Spooney7 - awaiting ovulation
    "Wine and Chocolate" zone
    CD2 LavenderBee

Those we haven't heard from in a while
    LKRDN_Morgan
    easilydistracted
    dragoneye454
    DSM348
    twigpig
    ButterflyBabe

Those with * sometimes uses conceive plus/preseed.
    When posting updates, can you please do them in Magenta so it's easy to spot. This thread is all about support, so remember to click thanks on as many posts as you can! It makes us all feel loved.

For those posting on smartphones or tablets the code for magenta is
    ([ )COLOR="magenta"( ] )your text ( [ )/COLOR ( ] ) (lose the round bracket)

Please let me know if anything needs editing (including the zone you are in) and I will try to keep up.

Thread Graduates
    emdoug 26/09/17
    Teeniepops 14/09/17
    Chelle22 10/09/17
    KateySW 08/09/17
    MrsNubs 25/08/17
    Kirstypoos 21/07/17
    Sulphate 16/07/17
    Cherry Gale 11/7/17
    Orange_Candle 11/5/17
    alipops1986 05/05/17
    samtoby
    2ba3c 25/03/17
    chickenmama 10/12/16
    PeppaCoin BFP 29/11/16
    • Zeni
    • By Zeni 4th Oct 17, 8:09 PM
    • 361 Posts
    • 717 Thanks
    Zeni
    Lavender that's sounds really confusing hun!

Spooney, thats all sounding good OO cutting you own hair is brave, I tried to cut a bit of a fringe once and ended badly! I'm at slimming world at mo.. 10 1/2 down since I joined over month ago..determined t loose some hopefully will help with TTC.

Had the nicest chat with OH last night in bed. I was talking about ToM ending and then about TTC so ended up explaining to him more about how the monthly cycle works and egg releasing etc (I always thought he kind of knew but now i see he didnt really!) and about fertile days and the test strips. I think I realised he didn't know as much as I had assumed he did and it was really helpful now so he gets what I mean when I say its my fertile week or ovulating.
    • LavenderBee
    • By LavenderBee 4th Oct 17, 8:19 PM
    • 99 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    LavenderBee
    My brain hurts Zeni! Triple workout for me tonight, it's not provoked anything :-\ I have sorted out my MyFitnessPal profile to give me something else to concentrate on for a while. I put it down 2 weeks ago and I've put on about 1.5lbs, hoping that's just AF

Well done on the explanation I read in one of those Ladybird for Grown Ups books that the husband only hears 33% of what he is told first time round. Sometimes I think 33% is optimistic... in my case at least
    • Toots14
    • By Toots14 4th Oct 17, 8:22 PM
    • 208 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    Toots14
    CD2 blahhhh.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

959Posts Today

5,754Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin