Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 1111x
    • By 1111x 10th Apr 16, 1:16 PM
    • 17Posts
    • 8Thanks
    1111x
    PCN issued
    • 10th Apr 16, 1:16 PM
    PCN issued 10th Apr 16 at 1:16 PM
    Hi, I have had a PCN issued by a IPC company and followed the advice on the newbie thread re. sending a letter to the PPC with the relevant questions etc.

Of course, this has been rejected with a standard template. I now have the option to appeal via the IAS within 21 days.

The windscreen ticket and their rejection response are contradictory,the windscreen ticket states 'time overstayed' and the template states 'not parked within a marked bay'.

As they have failed to answer any questions with regards to who has contracted them for the provision of their service, justification of the sum etc, no actual proof of evidence, as well as the contradictory information, am I right in assuming that a reasonable decision can not be made in respect of paying the charge?

I am considering writing to the PPC re-requesting the information I initially asked for, as the ticket information is not the same as their rejection letter and their failure to provide this will allow me to reasonably assume that the ticket has been cancelled as I cannot make an informed decision as the keper (should i send this to IAS or PPC, or not at all?) I'll also be adding that any further attempt to pursue a claim without providing this is a failure to mitigate their losses and I will not respond!

any advice / point in the right direction will be well received!
    thanks
Page 2
    • 1111x
    • By 1111x 28th Aug 16, 11:43 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    Hi both,

thanks for your replies...

I did not proceed with the DVLA due to the fact that the Mngmt company say they have instructed the PPC to enforce tickets on the land.. (albeit, there is still conflicting info on whether or not the "particular spot" the vehicle was on should be managed by the PPC.... i have a fairly strong suggestion from the management co that they shouldn't - but I'm still not 100% on the actual landowner... if the management co have instructed them, they possibly have justification so the DVLA route was sort of put on hold)

I have tried on two separate occasions to ask the ppc for basic info (basically what the PD says, so i can make an informed decision) and have been ignored. I also offered to use an ADR service and was ignored.

As you can see by the WH letter, they have still provided nothing

I will read the post by pappa golf about the SRA complaint, and take this avenue..

but with regards to responding to WH, still unsure whether to do this?
    I'm currently drafting a response as per zzzLazyDaisy's post for an acknowledgement letter so they can't just issue proceedings and blame me for non compliance... is this the right thing to do to cover myself?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Aug 16, 12:05 AM
    • 38,296 Posts
    • 49,767 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    but with regards to responding to WH, still unsure whether to do this?
    I'm currently drafting a response as per zzzLazyDaisy's post for an acknowledgement letter so they can't just issue proceedings and blame me for non compliance... is this the right thing to do to cover myself?
    Yes except, remember that zzzLazyDaisy posted that thread years ago and the PD has changed last year.

So make sure you either quote the right current PD or be a bit vaguer and just say it's not complaint and misleading, then remind them that you have already tried on two separate occasions, to ask their client for basic info. Failure to respond means you cannot make an informed decision and it is an insult to now receive a template 'Letter of Claim' with no details, no contract, no photos, no cause of action and a pack of alarmist lies about the small claims process.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• 1111x
    • By 1111x 29th Aug 16, 12:10 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    thank you, I will do the above and go with 'not provided concise details' as per the PD

I have read through the link they provided (about pre action) in their letter to me.

would you mind skim reading my draft if i PMd you?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 29th Aug 16, 12:31 AM
    • 38,296 Posts
    • 49,767 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I can't handle pm's at all as it makes me too busy and because there are nasty posters here (unfortunately). I have got most posters blocked. So I do everything on the forum and that's best for you too, let several people look at it.

Do not respond if any post does pm you, BTW, they might be offering to 'help' but you never know their intentions nor who anyone is on t'internet. We are happy to assist on your thread.

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.

• 1111x
    • By 1111x 29th Aug 16, 12:41 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    No I can appreciate that, no worries...

As it's ongoing I didn't want to publish openly. (Hi, Mr PPC! )

I've taken your points above on board, and I'm not a legal expert so I guess writing in 'my way' is all I can do for now.

I'm sure like many people (and I'm quite a strong character) I've spent nights getting restless over this stuff and it's a huge burden when you're by yourself with these despicable profiteers chasing you non stop....

The help on this forum really is invaluable, when it's all done I'll try to write the 'story' up to help others, personally I think it's great what you guys & girls do voluntarily, I'd have probably caved and paid if it wasn't for the advice here - but people need to fight back, it's like modern day extortion quite frankly...
    • 1111x
    • By 1111x 19th Sep 16, 7:03 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    what do we think of the latest...

(apologies again with links)

https://www.anony.ws/image/NRYT
    https://www.anony.ws/image/NRYW
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Sep 16, 8:09 PM
    • 38,296 Posts
    • 49,767 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Search the forum for 'Wright Hassall ZZPS' and then the same keyword search on pepipoo forum:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

HTH

• 1111x
    • By 1111x 22nd Sep 16, 6:20 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    can zzps issue cc proceedings as they are not the ppc?
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 22nd Sep 16, 6:25 PM
    • 4,343 Posts
    • 3,729 Thanks
    pappa golf
    zzps can only send letters , they CANNOT start court in their own name
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • 1111x
    • By 1111x 22nd Sep 16, 6:39 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    so, as the newest letter is "instructed by: zzps ltd"

is that just a file & ignore? what do i need to do?

They did send a letter before claim, but their latest response appears to be for zzps and not the ppc
    • 1111x
    • By 1111x 22nd Sep 16, 6:41 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    sorry don't think i made this clear... the letter was from WH but says "instructed by: zzps ltd"
    • pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 22nd Sep 16, 6:46 PM
    • 4,343 Posts
    • 3,729 Thanks
    pappa golf
    only the parking co (or their solisitors) can instigate court action.

A cynical person would think that the PPC had typed this on WH notepaper
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
    • 1111x
    • By 1111x 22nd Sep 16, 6:52 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    1111x
    If they send a letter with "instructed by es parking"
    should i then respond again?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 7:28 PM
    • 38,296 Posts
    • 49,767 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yes - but they don't send one like that! This is a computerised letter chain.

Have you read other threads exactly like this where people have had all the letters and some get court claims (some don't)? Search this board for 'Wright Hassall ZZPS' and see how others have responded. I believe people should always respond when it has the appearance of a solicitors' letter, even if they are acting as a debt collector.

Plenty of examples of responses are on threads exactly like yours, on here and on pepipoo forum if you search for 'Wright Hassall ZZPS' :

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=60

HTH

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

141Posts Today

1,336Users online

Martin's Twitter