Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nikkio16
    • By Nikkio16 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    • 18Posts
    • 5Thanks
    Nikkio16
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016
    • 6th Apr 16, 10:26 AM
    HMRC Self Assessment Repayments 2016 6th Apr 16 at 10:26 AM
    Well... It's that time of year again!

Thought I'd start a thread after last years long wait for repayments, hopefully we will receive our repayments quicker this year????

So I've submitted mine today, 6th April at 8am. I will post updates as and when...
Page 23
    • Nik187
    • By Nik187 20th Jun 16, 6:50 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nik187
    Sheramber,just states that a bank repayment was issued On The 10th, and on info says that banks transfers are done via bacs or chaps,the bank have no knowledge a out this payment as of yet! Starting to !!!! me off,I have been patient and I'm losing it slowly but surely,thanks for response
    • strong8096
    • By strong8096 22nd Jun 16, 5:26 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    strong8096
    requested the 5 day referral last Thursday, this morning its bank repayment with todays date on happy days
    • Hodgkiss30
    • By Hodgkiss30 22nd Jun 16, 5:46 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hodgkiss30
    So the 5 day referral does get you the repayment then?
    • strong8096
    • By strong8096 23rd Jun 16, 9:01 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    strong8096
    yep worked on both lads I requested it,
    • jhonatan
    • By jhonatan 23rd Jun 16, 11:07 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jhonatan
    What is exactly the 5 days refferals? My money is in credit again and nothing new
    • Knights70
    • By Knights70 23rd Jun 16, 11:31 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Knights70
    Hi does anyone have any idea what may have happened. We submitted return 2nd May still showing pending today. We were due approx. £3500 refund which was reduced by £300 apparently NI contributions which are up to date, gone on line to check today, payment is still pending and has now been reduced to £1100. Anyone have any idea why this has happened. We try and call and no one seems to know.
    • Hodgkiss30
    • By Hodgkiss30 23rd Jun 16, 6:25 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hodgkiss30
    Had call today from referral team, repayment has been released and will be in bank in 5-7 days.. Only taken 7 weeks but finally ��
    • Hodgkiss30
    • By Hodgkiss30 28th Jun 16, 4:51 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hodgkiss30
    Can someone help please.
    Husbands tax return was submitted 28th April it then went through security checks which took 6 weeks, after the 6 weeks we called and was given a 5 day referral.. After the 5 day referral we was told payment had been released... Checked today and it still saying payment pending, so called them up and they have said that its been picked for security checks again and they have until 25th July... Has anybody else experienced this?
    • jhonatan
    • By jhonatan 29th Jun 16, 7:47 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jhonatan
    I wait for my taxes since 6th april..had repaynebt pending, after 2 weeks my money was raised up in credit and when i asked they told me security check. After 2-3 weeks they told me to call a NES officer (need extra support) to make an apointment. I told that guy i have no time for this shi*s i just want my money. No documents needed, no receipes..just nothing. I will stop to be self assement from this year! They are really idio*. I was think this is happen to me because i am from poland. But its a lot of uk people in my situation.
    • strong8096
    • By strong8096 29th Jun 16, 7:48 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    strong8096
    never known anyone picked up twice for security checks on same payment, I know yesterday the SA was completely down most of the afternoon, have you spoken to the online services direct ?
    • Hodgkiss30
    • By Hodgkiss30 29th Jun 16, 9:05 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hodgkiss30
    We called yesterday evening when the system was back up and running. All they would say is that the security checks were completed 7 weeks ago, but when the woman from SA put my husbands repayment through on the 23rs it has been selected for security again.. Is there anything you can suggest to try and speed it along. As tbh they don't have any answers when we ring just been told to wait until 25th July which will mean we've waited 3 months.
    • strong8096
    • By strong8096 29th Jun 16, 12:45 PM
    • 58 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    strong8096
    ahh, I'm chasing someones UTR and yet again today their systems all down in self assessment AGAIN

could try insisting it is escalated
    Last edited by strong8096; 29-06-2016 at 12:51 PM.
    • Hodgkiss30
    • By Hodgkiss30 2nd Jul 16, 2:26 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hodgkiss30
    Called yesterday. Been told it's not at security team again, it's now at the banking office. And payment will be issued and sorted by 25th July.. Not holding my breath tbh! Been nearly 3 months.
    • Rosiefrodo12
    • By Rosiefrodo12 26th Jul 16, 8:20 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rosiefrodo12
    Self assessment repayments 2016
    I have a credit on my SA account. Everytime I go in and request the repayment it shows me the payment request has been done and then 48hrs later my account is back in credit and it then lets me request the repayment again. I have done this 4 times now and it's not doing anything but the same thing every time. So basically the system doesnt work as it wont let me request my repayment. Has anyone else had this trouble and do you know why it keeps happening and what you should do.

Thanks
    • Dazed and confused
    • By Dazed and confused 26th Jul 16, 9:35 AM
    • 516 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    Dazed and confused
    I have a credit on my SA account. Everytime I go in and request the repayment it shows me the payment request has been done and then 48hrs later my account is back in credit and it then lets me request the repayment again. I have done this 4 times now and it's not doing anything but the same thing every time. So basically the system doesnt work as it wont let me request my repayment. Has anyone else had this trouble and do you know why it keeps happening and what you should do.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Rosiefrodo12
    The second time this happened did it not occur to you to contact HMRC and ask them why the repayment request isn't being accepted? I guess there's some problem with your account which prevents the refund being sent to you - only way you'll sort it is by asking HMRC what's going on and giving them the chance to resolve. No one on MSE can do it
    • Rosiefrodo12
    • By Rosiefrodo12 26th Jul 16, 10:33 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rosiefrodo12
    Should have explained better, been in touch with HMRC and their stand is its additional security check and can't tell you time frame and that I need to leave at least 4 weeks for repayment before I call. My point to them was I don't even know if the payment request has actually gone through as my account keeps getting credited. They couldn't give me an answer so was wondering if anyone else has had same issue and what outcome was? Have also messaged them, trying to get hold of SA on phone is currently a nightmare.
    • speedyrite
    • By speedyrite 26th Jul 16, 2:13 PM
    • 107 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    speedyrite
    Same here Rosiefrodo12.

I think you just have to "leave it to cook" for up to 4 weeks and it should eventually get paid out.

On the request for repayment confirmation (that it recommends you print or save), it does say:

"HMRC aims to issue your repayment within 2 weeks. However to protect you against fraud HMRC has security measures in place which may cause a delay. Please allow up to 4 weeks before contacting HMRC about your request. Please note: Only submit your request for repayment once - this will allow HMRC to reply more quickly".

My £36 is in safe hands then, subject to full security scrutiny etc! I might start taking the same pre-payment security precautions next time I owe them. I'm sure they will be fully understanding about that...
    • jj09
    • By jj09 9th Aug 16, 1:06 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jj09
    I had 50% of my return paid after return submitted April. Still waiting for the other as I have another (but full) security check !
    • michbeat
    • By michbeat 22nd Sep 16, 5:30 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    michbeat
    I have now been waiting 5 1/2 weeks for my tax return. Apparently having security checks. Lots of questions !!
    1. How long have you all waited ?
    2. Has anyone had their refunds rejected/investigated
    3. Do they only make payments on a Friday ?
    4 Will payment show in pending payment on my bank page the night before...or is it an instant payment.
    5. Can do they pay on a Saturday ?
    6. Is there a another reason why it could be held up? Busy with updates ?
    7. what is the 5 day referral that I keep hearing people talk about !!

Getting so fed up with waiting now, I have written three very polite letters asking for the status of my refund, with reply to say it is having security check. Grrrr I'm literally checking for it 20 times a day.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,411Posts Today

7,547Users online

Martin's Twitter