Raff in Title Please

serenity2012
serenity2012 Posts: 2,174
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
edited 5 April 2016 at 6:51PM in Compers chat corner
I've noticed in the last few months that more and more comp posters are posting rafflecopter comps but not putting Raff in the title. If its Twitter or Facebook etc they are placed in the title. Rafflecopter should be too but seems to be left out more and more . Absolutely serves no purpose to put it in the body of the comp and not in the title. Am i the only one this annoys?
August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
:beer::beer::)

Comments

• BlueBella
    BlueBella Posts: 10,368
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It annoys me but there are also many IG, FB and TW comps posted without the essentials in their titles. Newbies obviously not reading the posting guidelines....
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,098
    Forumite
    I'm always more annoyed about comps where you have to be a registered member to enter the comp, but the OP has neglected to mention it. Sometimes you can fill in the whole form before it tells you to sign in.
  • BlueBella
    Forumite
    I am losing my patience (and this is quite rare for me!) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh (swigs some wine) ..... ok feel better now!
    :TA big thanks to all who post and sprinkling lucky dust to all who enter :smileyhea
  • serenity2012
    serenity2012 Posts: 2,174
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    August-September 2017: Lots of stuff :)
    :beer::beer::)
  • Zanzib
    Zanzib Posts: 5,375
    Forumite
    It's been getting this way for some time.

I don't do Twitter comps, but have opened posts only to find they are. :(
  • BlueBella
    Forumite
    Give me strength this evening! Seriously I don't usually turn to wine but it is the school hols and my stress levels have increased! Thank God for my rose wine stock!
  • Sometimes though some are listed as FB competitions but you don't have to have a Facebook account to enter them.

I don't use social media at all but I often look at the FB comps to see if the post also says 'like and share' and if it doesn't I find that sometimes I can still enter without being on Facebook!
  • MaineBlue
    MaineBlue Posts: 15,986
    Forumite
    I think with a lot of comps the OP isn't aware if you have to sign in, or even if there's a question etc as they find it and post it (which I'm grateful for). Someone will pop along and post the Q&A or say you have to sign in/register if it's been missed.

If it's a rafflecopter (or gleam) though these are pretty obvious that it's a rafflecopter (or gleam) so yes, it would be nice to have it in the title rather than scroll through pages of some product review, with far too many images that take far too long to load up whilst you wait for the various ads that are taking over the page to the point that all this almost kills your computer by devouring memory like some memory munching monster and eventually you reach the bottom of the page to find that it's a rafflecopter (or gleam) and you wish you'd just spent that part of your life making a cup of tea, making some toast, doing the washing up, watching the extended version of 'Dances With Wolves' etc etc.

So, to cut a long story short, I'm with you serenity2012
    UEFA: Corrupting Football Since 1954 #CTID
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,098
    Forumite
    MaineBlue wrote: »
    or say you have to sign in/register if it's been missed.

I don't do that anymore. Getting told off twice kinda put me off.
  • MaineBlue
    MaineBlue Posts: 15,986
    Forumite
    I don't do that anymore. Getting told off twice kinda put me off.
    Not sure why you'd get told off for adding some advice/info.
    I think sometimes (the anti-bump squad) can get a bit excited if someone posts a comment that isn't 'for them' and can easily forget that not everyone here is a seasoned comper.
    UEFA: Corrupting Football Since 1954 #CTID
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport