Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Tokyo Joe
    • By Tokyo Joe 5th Apr 16, 5:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Tokyo Joe
    Legal Quest
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:17 PM
    Legal Quest 5th Apr 16 at 5:17 PM
    Does anyone here have any experience of dealing with this company?

There website claims that up to 70% of your mortgage can be written off if they can prove your mortgage was securitised (packaged up and sold onto another lender).

Sounds too good to be true; which always rings alarm bells with me.

It sounds like all those previous claim companies who promised they could get your credit card balances written off
Page 1
    • minimike2
    • By minimike2 5th Apr 16, 5:26 PM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 1,357 Thanks
    minimike2
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:26 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:26 PM
    You already know the answer to this
    I am a mortgage industry professional. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • Tokyo Joe
    • By Tokyo Joe 5th Apr 16, 5:49 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Tokyo Joe
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:49 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:49 PM
    Not quite sure what you mean?

This is a genuine enquiry to see if anyone has used this company and if so, what the outcome was.

Have I posted this on the wrong section of the forum?
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 5th Apr 16, 5:51 PM
    • 3,280 Posts
    • 2,032 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:51 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 5:51 PM
    I am not even going to entertain this thread with an answer

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?
    • mrginge
    • By mrginge 5th Apr 16, 6:52 PM
    • 3,871 Posts
    • 6,713 Thanks
    mrginge
    • 5th Apr 16, 6:52 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 6:52 PM
    I don't know whether to , , , or
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 5th Apr 16, 8:16 PM
    • 6,066 Posts
    • 6,394 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    • 5th Apr 16, 8:16 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 8:16 PM
    you do realise "up to" 70% includes 0%. And a fee for checking no doubt.
    • minimike2
    • By minimike2 6th Apr 16, 9:01 AM
    • 1,842 Posts
    • 1,357 Thanks
    minimike2
    • 6th Apr 16, 9:01 AM
    • 6th Apr 16, 9:01 AM

Sounds too good to be true; which always rings alarm bells with me.
    Originally posted by Tokyo Joe
    This is what I mean
    I am a mortgage industry professional. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice
    • HappyHarry
    • By HappyHarry 16th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    HappyHarry
    • 16th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    Post by Bob007 marked as spam.

For anyone thinking this is a good deal:
    1. It cost £260
    2. The warnings on the site promoted by Bob007 say "... must advise all potential clients that this matter has not yet been ‘proven’, or if it has, there has been No publicity to confirm a ‘successful win’.

Sounds like a waste of £260 to me. Potentially worse if the "no-win no-fee" claim turns out to be untrue and someone ends up paying a lot of unnecessary legal costs..
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
    • davidmcn
    • By davidmcn 16th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 4,956 Posts
    • 4,566 Thanks
    davidmcn
    • 16th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    • 16th Mar 17, 4:56 PM
    I also watched a movie they recommended to me 'Inside Job' which is very interesting and relates to Mortgage Securitisation.
    Originally posted by Bob007
    That's nice. Just don't drink the Kool-Aid.
    • HappyHarry
    • By HappyHarry 17th Mar 17, 4:34 PM
    • 320 Posts
    • 381 Thanks
    HappyHarry
    Sorry, I don't understand your comment.

Look I do not understand what the issue is here. As mentioned before I have done my own research and then decided to sign up. What I would like to know from yourselves is if i have missed anything or if there is something I need to ask the company to get more clarification on, as from what your saying I shouldn't have signed up :/

I think everyone on here thinks you have at best wasted £260.

To sign up to this scheme, you have to expect that the companies involved in purchasing these debts of many tens of billions of pounds from mortgage companies have not done any due diligence beforehand.

You have to believe Muhammad Wasim and his friends who appear to have no history in this area, beside recently setting up a website and a company, are such good legal experts that the companies holding these many tens billions of pounds of mortgage assets are going to roll over and wipe 75% of people's mortgage debt.

I think you either;
    1. Have been scammed and are looking for positive re-enforcement of your belief that this is a good thing, or
    2. Are promoting a scam.

There is nothing on the website, or history of the main protagonist, that leads me to believe that this is genuine.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser. Any comments I make here are intended for information / discussion only. Nothing I post here should be construed as advice. If you are looking for individual financial advice, please contact a local Independent Financial Adviser.
    • AnotherJoe
    • By AnotherJoe 23rd Mar 17, 12:29 PM
    • 6,066 Posts
    • 6,394 Thanks
    AnotherJoe
    Sorry, I don't understand your comment.

Look I do not understand what the issue is here. As mentioned before I have done my own research and then decided to sign up. What I would like to know from yourselves is if i have missed anything /
    Yes, you will shortly be missing £260.

In my opinion it’s worth spending £260 just to find out what your lender has been up to.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,127Posts Today

6,416Users online

Martin's Twitter