Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 5th Apr 16, 12:27 PM
    • 1,116Posts
    • 930Thanks
    MrSilk
    Paypal Credit
    • 5th Apr 16, 12:27 PM
    Paypal Credit 5th Apr 16 at 12:27 PM
    Hi All,

Does anyone else have a Paypal Credit account?, if so have you used to to purchase goods from eBay.

Their website states it can be used on eBay however I don't want to proceed to purchase something and find out Paypal Credit isn't an option, or can't find the option to purchase using Paypal Credit.

They have an ongoing offer at the moment where you spend £150 or more in one transaction and you have 4 months at 0% (usually 17.9%).
Page 1
    • xkpa
    • By xkpa 5th Apr 16, 12:30 PM
    • 138 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    xkpa
    • 5th Apr 16, 12:30 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 12:30 PM
    Hi, i think you must link your PP account with your Ebay account. Then at checkout you must select Paypal and if you have Paypal Credit account, then it will show as an option for paying.
    • MrSilk
    • By MrSilk 5th Apr 16, 12:34 PM
    • 1,116 Posts
    • 930 Thanks
    MrSilk
    • 5th Apr 16, 12:34 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 12:34 PM
    Maybe I'll try it for a small purchase first to see if it shows up, thank you for your response!
    • bengalknights
    • By bengalknights 5th Apr 16, 4:29 PM
    • 4,140 Posts
    • 1,511 Thanks
    bengalknights
    • 5th Apr 16, 4:29 PM
    • 5th Apr 16, 4:29 PM
    You basically checkout using paypal and it auto links to the card
    • jo-bo
    • By jo-bo 6th Apr 16, 8:05 AM
    • 375 Posts
    • 252 Thanks
    jo-bo
    • 6th Apr 16, 8:05 AM
    • 6th Apr 16, 8:05 AM
    I have PayPal credit and when you go to purchase you can make sure that it's highlighted on your PayPal credit account instead of bank account or credit card before you confirm payment.
    • MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 17th Apr 16, 8:55 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    • 17th Apr 16, 8:55 PM
    paypal credit
    • 17th Apr 16, 8:55 PM
    Hey, rather than create a new thread, can I pay for annual car insurance with paypal credit? Approx £400.
    • starM
    • By starM 17th Apr 16, 9:38 PM
    • 1,294 Posts
    • 176 Thanks
    starM
    • 17th Apr 16, 9:38 PM
    • 17th Apr 16, 9:38 PM
    Hey, rather than create a new thread, can I pay for annual car insurance with paypal credit? Approx £400.
    Originally posted by MARKMAKAVELI
    Only if they use paypal as a payment method.
    • MARKMAKAVELI
    • By MARKMAKAVELI 19th Apr 16, 3:51 PM
    • 166 Posts
    • 52 Thanks
    MARKMAKAVELI
    • 19th Apr 16, 3:51 PM
    • 19th Apr 16, 3:51 PM
    Seems obvious now, but also I can't seem to find the answer to this:

If I pay a friend over £150, does that qualify for the 4 months interest free?

This text sounds like it doesn't but I'm really not clear:
    Sending or receiving money between friends and family within the UK (in GBP) :Free when funded by the sender’s PayPal balance, bank account or debit card. If you use a credit card to send money, a fee of 3.4% + 20p applies.
    • john1002
    • By john1002 19th Apr 16, 6:47 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    john1002
    • 19th Apr 16, 6:47 PM
    • 19th Apr 16, 6:47 PM
    You don't get the option using the send money function, so this would not work.

John
    • Adam_J_MSG
    • By Adam_J_MSG 26th Apr 16, 12:03 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Adam_J_MSG
    thanks
    you've also answered my question thank you
    Last edited by Adam_J_MSG; 27-04-2016 at 3:59 PM.
    • markwilkinson
    • By markwilkinson 28th Apr 16, 12:24 AM
    • 556 Posts
    • 943 Thanks
    markwilkinson
    Slight warning. When you have used PayPal credit the first time, when you make future purchases from eBay, when you click to pay via PayPal it will default to PayPal credit rather than take payment direct from your card or PayPal balance. Fine if you have a 0% deal, but if you mistakenly use it and your account is interest bearing you will end up paying extra.
    • bengal-stripe
    • By bengal-stripe 28th Apr 16, 10:02 AM
    • 3,143 Posts
    • 2,027 Thanks
    bengal-stripe
    Fine if you have a 0% deal, but if you mistakenly use it and your account is interest bearing you will end up paying extra.
    Originally posted by markwilkinson
    Not really, as Paypal Credit works like a CC. You get a statement once a month, then you'll have about three weeks time to pay without any interest being charged.

Even if your purchase doesn't qualify for the 4-month-interest-free deal you have between three and seven weeks interest free (presuming you pay your statement in full and on time).
    • fozmcfc
    • By fozmcfc 28th Apr 16, 7:04 PM
    • 2,995 Posts
    • 2,182 Thanks
    fozmcfc
    Not really, as Paypal Credit works like a CC. You get a statement once a month, then you'll have about three weeks time to pay without any interest being charged.

Even if your purchase doesn't qualify for the 4-month-interest-free deal you have between three and seven weeks interest free (presuming you pay your statement in full and on time).
    Originally posted by bengal-stripe
    While that's true, to avoid any confusion, I still think it's good advice. Wonder how many people will find they will get interest, because they don't pay enough to cover the non 0% qualifying purchases.

I have this on my paypal and if I used it for a qualifying purchase, I'd prefer to then pay for any £0.01 - £149.99 in full immediately.
    • Javad
    • By Javad 5th Oct 17, 9:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Javad
    Good evening everyone,
    I am new member here and I think I put myself in big sh…£&!
    Other days I was looking to get an Apple Mac on finance and It ended in PayPal credit!�� I did not read it properly I thought PayPal giving me finance but now i realised they given me a credit card with £1200.00 £850 for Apple Mac and some money left. I wonder what should I do? If I knew this would happen to me I would not go for it because I already have a credit card with HSBC and do not need this!
    Could someone please tell me what do I need to do exactly? I wanna cancel it and PayPal said I have to pay them by debit card, not with my credit card if I wanna cancel it!
    And if I wanna go ahead with this, how am I gonna cancel this at the end of the final payment?
    I don't want to continue with them, does it worth it?
    Does it affect my credit score?

Thanks in advance,
    • RichL74
    • By RichL74 6th Oct 17, 12:30 PM
    • 836 Posts
    • 341 Thanks
    RichL74
    Paypal do not offer a credit card option. You wont get another card from them however your monthly payments will be to Paypal credit every month unless of course there is a cooling off period where you can cancel.

In a nutshell: its another form of credit, but you wont get another actual card.
    • T-G-C
    • By T-G-C 7th Oct 17, 10:26 AM
    • 31 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    T-G-C
    Seems obvious now, but also I can't seem to find the answer to this:

If I pay a friend over £150, does that qualify for the 4 months interest free?

This text sounds like it doesn't but I'm really not clear:
    Sending or receiving money between friends and family within the UK (in GBP) :Free when funded by the sender’s PayPal balance, bank account or debit card. If you use a credit card to send money, a fee of 3.4% + 20p applies.
    Originally posted by MARKMAKAVELI

If you mean to pay a friend through the standard PayPal funds transfer system, this isn't possible with their credit service at this time. As it is essentially viewed as a cash withdrawal / advance, I doubt it'll ever be included in their 0% offer if added in future, plus it'll have added interest.

PayPal Credit can be used at hundreds of qualifying merchants for purchases, but isn't compatible with anything else at this time, nor is there a plastic card.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,672Posts Today

7,620Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Well so far it seems there's one thing remainers and leavers agree on - the EU is getting the better of the negotia? https://t.co/70z5ffpG8S

• Follow Martin