Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 1st Apr 16, 10:34 AM
    • 427Posts
    • 1,672Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Getting a Grip and Saving towards the mortgage
    • 1st Apr 16, 10:34 AM
    Getting a Grip and Saving towards the mortgage 1st Apr 16 at 10:34 AM
    It is nearly a year since I last posted - due to a combination of work and losing my log in details However I am back with my sleeves rolled up bcause the new Personal Savings Allowance means I can start getting my hands on some of the lovely bank accounts that are now on offer without having to pay the taxman.
    So a potted history of me and mine - we are me, OH, DS (25) and DD (23) who since I last wrote has moved in with her boyfriend but I am still financially supporting as she is in her last year at university. Son is financially independent, still living at home but looking to buy his own place shortly.
    We have a large mortgage because we built out own house 7 years ago. We do however have a great mortgage deal - a lifetime tracker of 0.69% so instead of overpaying the mortgage I put any spare cash into higher paying ISAs and have until now been looking longingly at some of the higher rate current accounts - we are both higher rate tax payers so have been pointless using anything but ISAs until now.
    The numbers:
    Mortgage debt: Jan 15 £288778.23. March15 £286,217.61. Jan 16 £277958.44
    March 16 £275,920.98

Savings: Jan 15 £22080.81 March 15 £25,790.53 Jan 16 £34,361.10 March 16 £36966.91

So as you can see although I haven't been posting I have kept up the saving, averaging £1000 per month.
    I also set myself a goal of losing a stone and I have lost a stone and a half
    I think setting goals in writing on here really worked for me and so I am back
    Last edited by Busy Mee1; 01-04-2016 at 11:31 AM.
Page 16
    • try harder
    • By try harder 8th Jul 17, 9:59 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 1,637 Thanks
    try harder
    Another month of great saving totals Busy Mee1 ,a target of £60,000 by December is amazing and i know you will do it i have no doubts about that .
    I am so pleased to hear that your sons house is ready and i expect he has moved in now and loving it ,he has done really well.
    I hope you are Ok i am looking forward to hearing your updates .
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 13th Jul 17, 4:23 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    A perfect storm
    I can't believe it has been 2 weeks since I last posted ( thanks for popping in ETE and Try Harder). I have had what I think they call a perfect storm. DS got the keys to his house and we have been helping him with some jobs, work has been manic and I have been spending week days in London and we were away at a wedding last weekend. I am now on my way back home from London and making use of the free WiFi to catch up.
    It has all been a bit of a whirl and very very spendy - I am dreading my credit card bill next month Luckily we will both get our annual bonus, which should hopefully cover it

In MF news I have just received £200 cash back into my Nutmeg S&S ISA which I had forgotten about and will boost this month's savings total. There is now £2498 in this ISA, all free money from last year's odds and sods account. It has lost £2.00 but I am gritting my teeth as I am viewing this as a 10 year investment.

I haven't been to the gym at all this week and have a stinking cold. I need to get a grip and focus on myself next week
    Last edited by Busy Mee1; 13-07-2017 at 4:29 PM.
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 15th Jul 17, 8:13 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Saturday
    So made it to Saturday and hoping for a less frantic weekend. These last few weeks have been manic.

Work has been interesting over the last few weeks, and I have a number of irons in the fire with regards to new jobs. Hopefully I will be in a new role by September I am not sure I can sustain the level of pace and pressure required in this job for much longer and it feels quite good having some other options in place.

I went for a long walk last night with DD and we had a good chat about finances, she is currently switching her bank account to FD for the £125 switching bonus It made me smile really, some of my MSE ways are rubbing off

She is trying to get her boyfriend more interested in his finances. He comes from quite a well off family and has never done without anything and his parents bail him out fairly regularly. She is really trying to get him to stand on his own two feet and has had some success. They have had just had to find some extra money for a tax bill, and although it has left them short, he has actually paid it himself without asking his parents for money.

It does make me realise how lucky I am, that my two are fairly financially astute and are financially independent. We do help them out occasionally, usually by treating them, but they never expect it.

DS has moved into his new house and it is lovely. He has been quite stressed though, there has been a lot to do, a lot to buy and I think he has found the decision making quite hard. I think this is harder on your own as you don't have a partner to discuss with or share the burden. We have been trying to help him as much as we can, Mr Mee has been helping with all the jobs that need doing ( blinds up, washing machine/ dishwasher plumbed in etc). I have been helping him choose stuff Anyway he now has all the basics and he has a couple of his university friends coming to visit today, so we can have a break.

It is funny I haven't really noticed our empty nest yet, as I have hardly been at home. I think I will notice it this weekend, particularly when I go to the supermarket. I am expecting a substantial drop in our grocery spends

The weather is a bit grey here, I hoping it might brighten up so that I can get some gardening done this weekend.
    • try harder
    • By try harder 15th Jul 17, 9:01 AM
    • 508 Posts
    • 1,637 Thanks
    try harder
    Wow your free money pot is A mazing you have worked at it so hard and it really has paid off .I have put our money from the Millionaire challenge into my ISA with some of our other savings and it goes up and down but im looking at it as a long term investment so i try to ignore the drops but it is hard .
    Your children both sound really lovely you have done a great job and thats all we can ask for ,i am so proud of my children and the kind ,compassionate adults they have become it has been my greatest accomplishment ,whenever i look at them i cannot believe that they are mine .
    That sounds very intriguing ,a new job by September i hope it will work out for you and be more relaxing you work so very hard i dont know how you sustain it i certainly could not do it but you are very organised and that certainly helps but im keeping my fingers crossed for you .
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 22nd Jul 17, 8:02 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Raining
    Urgh what a grey and rainy start to the school holidays - I hope it brightens up for all those families heading off on their summer break. I wonder where you take kids on rainy days at the seaside now that Woolies has closed. Mine spent many happy hours in there choosing what tat to spend their holiday money on

I have spent all this week at home, which has been lovely. I was feeling a bit meh earlier on in the week so I cancelled at my trips away and just stayed local. I am feeling much better now, it was just a virus, but it floored me, I think after having so many weeks working silly hours. I am back to it next week and will be spending most of the week in London.

I feel like I haven't had much focus on MF activities over these last few weeks and need to start recording some of the smaller gains again. We had a small windfall from British Gas this week, a refund of £14.95 that they had overcharged us, with an additional £10 compensation. We also have:

Topcashback £87 tracking
    Barclaycard cashback £46.45
    20p jar (approx £70) - saving for cottage holiday in September
    £195 claimed back (expenses)
    £100 Debenhams voucher and £20 M&S vouchers ( saving for Christmas)

I have also got Mr Mee to load his Santander 123 lite debit card on to Apple Pay as they are offering 5% cash back on payments using your phone until 30 September.

I need to sort out another Direct Debit to go on my TSB account which I will sacrifice in September to switch to FD for the switching bonus and to open another couple of regular savers.

Despite having quite a spendy month, the savings are looking healthy and we have already topped £1500 ( largely due to the £200 cash back received into the nutmeg account). Next month is likely to be tight though, as the credit card bill from hell needs to be paid, along with final payment on holiday accomodation. I am still hoping to keep on track though as we have annual bonuses to come ( fingers crossed ).

I am having a big clear out this weekend now that DS has moved out, and have some big black sacks at the ready. I think there will be a few runs to the tip

Have a great weekend and hope it stops raining soon.
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 25th Jul 17, 10:56 AM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 6,482 Thanks
    themadvix
    I'm glad you're feeling better now BusyMee! And I love how your lack of focus still seems to have netted you quite a few bits of extra cash!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    Starting balance 2012: £132000; balance June 2017: £99,974
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 30th Jul 17, 12:13 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    July Update
    Slightly early with the July update, but we have been paid already and there is unlikely to be any more movement across the accounts.

So the scores on the doors for this month are as follows:

Amount into savings £1,501.90
    Total savings. £53,097.60
    Mortgage. £245,778.50
    Savings:Mortgage. 21.60%
    Average monthly savings £1,583.32

Target 1 £60k December 2017
    Target 2 £70k. July 2018
    Target 3. £80k. Feb 2019
    Target 4. £90k September 2019
    D Day October 2019 ( OH retirement)

I am starting to feel the pressure is on with Mr Mees retirement date looming and only 21% of the mortgage is covered by savings. I need to work out how much the mortgage will have dropped to by that point because of the regular payments ( I think about £220k). The only consolation is that we know we can manage on half of Mr Mees salary ( which will effectively be what his pension is) I can carry on paying the mortgage out of my salary, but we won't be able to save anything like the amounts we are currently saving.

I need to focus a bit more on this but unfortunately I don't have the head space at the moment, and won't until probably September. We just keep doing all the things that have become routine for us, with standing orders to regular savings, harvesting interest and rewards and shopping at Aldi/Lidl and Homeb@rgains. We shop around for everything we buy and maximise TCB and cash back on CC and the Santander Lite/Apple Pay.

Actually when I read that back we are actually doing quite a lot ....which I think was the point Madvix was making Probably the only thing I am not doing at the moment is Eb@ying ...
    Last edited by Busy Mee1; 30-07-2017 at 12:15 PM.
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 2nd Aug 17, 12:16 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 6,482 Thanks
    themadvix
    I think that's the thing BusyMee, it all becomes the norm, so you don't feel like you're doing as much, but you are, it's just not new anymore.
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 20th Aug 17, 8:02 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    It has been a while...
    It has been a while since I last posted for a number of reasons - some good and some bad. So brace yourself this is likely to be a long post:

The bad stuff
    DD and her boyfriend have split up again and this time it is final. Her nice boyfriend has turned out to be not so nice, so will no longer be referred to NB but @rsehole ! I am just glad this has happened now before she got in any deeper. She is back living at home, so our empty nest only actually lasted a couple of weeks. She has handled it all remarkably well, she says she feels relieved rather than sad, which I think says it all. I think the stress has got to her though as she has been physically ill this week and is now on a strong course of antibiotics.

The good stuff
    Our B&B reopened it's doors and we have had friends and family stayed over the last couple of weekends, which we have enjoyed and has taken our minds off the bad stuff. We had some friends staying the first weekend and the weather was great, so lots of long country walks, drinking and eating. We are away with these friends again at the beginning of September, which we are all looking forward to.

DS had his housewarming this weekend so we went along to that and it was lovely to see all the young people we have known since they were children who have now grown up into lovely adults. I think DS discovered how much work entertaining is though.

Last week we had our old folk to stay, which again was lovely but I must have made a million cups of tea I really noticed this time how much they are both slowing down - Dad is 81 now and it is really showing.

DD and I took Mum for afternoon tea at the local hotel for a bit of girls afternoon. We had a really good time and Mum gave DD some good advice ( I bet @rsehole's ears were burning !)

That was the first of two afternoon teas I have had this week ( thanks to Groupon)
    I also met a good friend after work on Thursday, although that afternoon tea included a bottle of Fizz and 2 for 1 cocktails (hic)

Health and Fitness
    Despite all the eating and drinking over these last few weeks I haven't put any weight on but I haven't lost any either and I really must start trying to sort my eating out. I am however running again and managed 2x 4K runs this week. I am aiming to start Parkrun again next Saturday.

Work has been slightly quieter, and so less stressful. Another boss has bitten the dust ( this job just chews them up and spits them out !) The new one seems very competent and supportive, so I am feeling more positive about work (although I am still working on getting a new job, until I see how this one pans out).

The money stuff
    All the usual things happening and everything is on track to achieve the savings target this month. I just can't quite believe that when I started my first diary in January 2015, I started by setting up a standing order for £200 a month into savings. This gradually increased over time and last year I was working hard to put £1000 a month into savings. This year I am comfortably saving £1500 per month. We havent had that much increase in earned income in that period ( around £250 per month) But I think this shows that it does take time for all your MSE efforts to kick in, and this becomes a way of life so that you have got your outgoings down to a minimum, and you have increased your passive income by making your money work hard.

That said I have been doing quite a bit of spending over the last couple of weeks. I have bought some much needed new clothes and a pair of shoes. I have been eyeing a number of things up over the summer but have waited for the sales ( Fatface and Dune) before buying. All half price or less.

This has enabled me to have a good clear out of some very tired clothing, and along with DD who also had a good clear out when she moved back in , we took 5 black sacks full to the charity shop. My confession is that some of this would have been suitable for eb@y but I just couldn't face it at the moment and having a good clear out felt quite cathartic. Hopefully someone else will benefit from it though

Grocery shopping has been all over the place over the last few weeks, because of visitors and the return of DD. I am hoping to get this back on track this week, and we are off to @ldis today to restock. I did go to L!dls yesterday to take advantage of their weakend deals and stocked up on fabric conditioner, bacon, burgers and chicken Kiev. I also bought a couple of their bottles of £2.99 Cotes de Rhone to try....if we don't like it I can use it in cooking.

I think that is all .... a bit of an epic update I am afraid. It looks like it is going to be a nice day today, Mr Mee and I are heading into the city today to use a restaurant voucher he was given for Christmas. We having been meaning to go for the last 6 months
    • themadvix
    • By themadvix 21st Aug 17, 2:13 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 6,482 Thanks
    themadvix
    Sounds like you've been really Busy BusyMee! Sorry to hear that things did not work out for your daughter and she's been hurt, but it sounds like she's definitely better shot of him!

Your monthly savings figures are amazing - how much they've grown is a true testament to your hard work and the benefits of MSE!
    OPs 2017 = £2603/£10000
    S&S ISA = £300/£600
    OPs made 2016 = £6142.12
    MFW2017 no. 38
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 21st Aug 17, 4:55 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Thank you Madvix. I think she has learned a lot from the experience and she definitely deserves better, so I think it will all turn out well in the end.

Working from home today, but heading down to London tomorrow.
    We didn't manage to get into the city yesterday so didn't use our restaurant voucher. We are instead going after work on Wednesday for a mid week treat : )
    • gallygirl
    • By gallygirl 22nd Aug 17, 6:56 AM
    • 16,455 Posts
    • 107,807 Thanks
    gallygirl
    All the usual things happening and everything is on track to achieve the savings target this month. I just can't quite believe that when I started my first diary in January 2015, I started by setting up a standing order for £200 a month into savings. This gradually increased over time and last year I was working hard to put £1000 a month into savings. This year I am comfortably saving £1500 per month. We havent had that much increase in earned income in that period ( around £250 per month) But I think this shows that it does take time for all your MSE efforts to kick in, and this becomes a way of life so that you have got your outgoings down to a minimum, and you have increased your passive income by making your money work hard.
    It is amazing isn't it? Just wish everyone on here was allowed to choose one or two people and switch their lightbulbs on for them!

Well done to DD on ditching Mr @. Sounds like she's learned a lot from it.
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    Mortgage Balance = £0
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
    • shangaijimmy
    • By shangaijimmy 22nd Aug 17, 7:51 AM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 10,270 Thanks
    shangaijimmy
    Totally with you on that one. Its amazing how much money can flood out the account if you're not careful. And just by budgeting and being disciplined you can get such control on finances, make it work harder and improve mental health as it reduces background stress/anxiety. We've also noticed how we probably live better, in that we don't miss out on holidays, have managed to keep house decorated, new furniture etc, and have days out. Plus we've added to more little un's the one we had!
    MFW: Turning June 2036 into March 2023... 32//120 Payments Challenge, Diary Reduction £34,271.00
    Aug 2009: £163,051 // Current: £101,729.00 // Avg Daily Interest £4.57
    MFiT-T4 #8 - 56.74% of £41,000
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 25th Aug 17, 12:56 PM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Thanks Gally and Jimmy. You are both absolutely spot on - I want to shake some people for the way that they waste money and just wish I could turn their light bulb on.

Although mine has flickered over the years, it has never turned off completely, because I really don't like waste of any kind ( brought up by frugal grandparents who had lived through the war). My problem has been a combination of bringing the kids up - expensive childcare and then 7 years of university between them and then building the house. We probably have more disposable income now than at any other time in our marriage ( pre kids we had a 15% mortgage). I think we have got more careful and focused with our spending over the last couple of years and that has made a huge difference. I hadn't thought about it until Jimmy pointed it out but it has definitely reduced my worry list as I don't lay awake worrying about how to pay the mortgage off any more ......the plan is working and it has actually improved my mental well being
    Last edited by Busy Mee1; 26-08-2017 at 6:52 AM.
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 26th Aug 17, 7:38 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Bank Holiday
    A long weekend and the weather forcast is set to be good. It feels quite odd because we don't have masses of things planned and because we have been so busy lately I am almost wondering what I am going to do with myself for three days I am sure it won't pan out like that at all.

So this week has been busy at work, with lots of tricky meetings. I can't believe it has been so busy through August. I now only have the four days next week to work and then I am on holiday for a week. We have booked a cottage and DD and our friends will be joining us at various points of the week. I am praying for decent weather but the latest long range forcast isn't looking too good in that part of the country. I have just paid the final payment on the cottage, so just some spending money to find now. Hopefully it won't be too expensive, we tend to take food with us and have a cooked breakfast, and don't bother with lunch ( probably just take a few snacks out walking) and then go out for a pub meal in the evening. There isn't much to spend money on where we are going.

I need to spend some time on our US trip this weekend, we need to make the final payment on the villa and book the car.

I am trying a new approach to fitness this week. I have had leave my gym ( due to the " bad stuff") so rather than join a new gym, I have decide that I am going to run at least a couple of time a week and then just pay for one class a week at the local sports centre. This will save me money and should mean I will be fitter and lose weight I will miss the social aspects of the gym though.

Our grocery shopping was back on track last week and I need to get back into tracking spends when we come back from our week away. I am finding that buying things in bulk when they are on the weekend deal in Lidl is working really well for us. I have stocked up on a number of things over the last few months that have really helped with the budget. Things like, dishwasher tablets, fabric conditioner, olive oil, butter, sausages, bacon and cheese. I have been a bit tentative with the quantities I have bought and wish I had bought more at the time. We have just run out of cheese ( which was lovely) and I hope it will be on offer again soon. I am not going today though - I can't face the bun fight for the 6 bottles of prosecco for £20. Next week they have champagne and chorizo. I might get a bottle of champagne for £7.99 as it good to have it for an emergency gift and we use a lot of chorizo to spice up various dishes.

On the money front we are waiting for payday now, which is not until next Thursday ( it has been a loong month). I have just cashed in £21.21 from Topcashback and still have £60 tracking. Mr Mee is doing well with using Apple Pay ( a bit too well actually ) to get 5% back from the Santander Lite account. I reckon we should get about £50 back on this in November.

I think that is all our news. I am now off to do Park Run for the first time this year - wish me luck!
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 28th Aug 17, 7:51 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    Bank Holiday Monday
    The weather has been beautiful this weekend. I did my Park Run on Saturday morning and thoroughly enjoyed it. I just love the whole ethos of Park Run, a real community spirit with families doing something really healthy together. In the sunshine on Saturday morning it felt great.

I got chatting to a lovely lady whilst running, who encouraged me to carry on running up what is affectionately known as cardiac hill. She is 10 years older than me and not one of the oldest runners by some way. She regularly volunteers at Park Run and it got me thinking that this is something I could do quite easily on a Saturday morning. I am going to look into it when I come back from holiday.

We visited MIL on Saturday afternoon for her Birthday with DD and BIL and his partner also turned up so a lovely family afternoon.

Yesterday was food shopping and we managed to get the bill under £70, which I was pleased with, as it included a lot of groceries for next week while we are away. I then did lose about 3 hours of my life sorting out stuff for our US trip and other admin. I have booked the Car Hire and airport car parking, I still have ESTAs and excess insurance still to do.

Mr Mee also ordered new glasses through Gl@sses Direct and paid £141 instead of his usual £400. We went through topc@ashback for everything and all in all, now have another £70 tracking. It was all a bit time consuming but we made some good savings.

I made a lemon drizzle cake to use up the super 6 lemons from @ldi and have frozen it so that we can take it away with us next week.

We are going walking this afternoon with friends and then having a meal at theirs, but it won't be a late one as I have to get up early in the morning to head down to London. I have bought her some roses from @ldi ( their flowers are excellent) and we will take a couple of bottles of wine.

We have a few more days left until pay day on Thursday but I still have cash in my purse, so there shouldn't be any more withdrawals.

Enjoy the sunshine
    • EatingTheElephant
    • By EatingTheElephant 28th Aug 17, 8:53 AM
    • 1,152 Posts
    • 6,182 Thanks
    EatingTheElephant
    Just caught up with all your recent happenings. Lots of great things going on and great support for DD.

Have a wonderful time away, it sounds fantastic, cooked breakfasts, long walks and pub dinners.
    • wildesavings
    • By wildesavings 28th Aug 17, 9:56 AM
    • 170 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    wildesavings
    Cor I like the way you go about things!!! Hope you have a lovely break and enjoy your friends company xxx
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2017 : Mortgage at 1/1/17 - £96,839 - now : £91,342 - capital reduced by £5497 so far this year
    • Busy Mee1
    • By Busy Mee1 30th Aug 17, 8:15 AM
    • 427 Posts
    • 1,672 Thanks
    Busy Mee1
    August Update
    Hi ETE and wildesavings, thanks for popping in. Although I do this diary for myself because it really helps me to keep focused on saving to pay off the mortgage, it is nice to think people are reading along.

I have a routine health check this morning, so I have to have a fasting blood test, so I thought I might as well do my monthly update to take my mind off food

Monthly savings £1,634.65
    Total savings £54,732.25
    Mortgage £244,855.07
    Savings:Mortgage. 22.35%
    Savings offset mortgage to £190,122.82
    Average monthly savings £1589.74

So another decent month of savings and the trusty spreadsheet is forecasting that I will hit the £60k savings target comfortably in December.

I have a little niggle in my mind again thinking that if I go hardcore again I could hit £60k in November. However we have our trip to the US coming up and I don't want to spoil that. So the plan is that when we come back from the week away in the cottage, I am going to have a really frugal few weeks up to the US trip to get some spending money together, and then when I get back see where we are in terms of savings and then maybe go hardcore through the rest of October and into November.

When I do this update it just reminds me although the savings totals look good they are only a small percentage of the mortgage total. Still the plan is working and next month our savings should offset the mortgage into the 180s

Have a good day
    Last edited by Busy Mee1; 30-08-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    • wildesavings
    • By wildesavings 30th Aug 17, 9:03 AM
    • 170 Posts
    • 476 Thanks
    wildesavings
    Loving your number crunching! I may magpie this for my monthly updates in my diary too. *Magpie is what my children call 'pinching a good idea' rather than calling eachother copycats :lol:

Well done for being a smidge away from the 180's... that going to feel good next month! xxx
    Started my MFW journey in August 14 : £103,650
    2017 : Mortgage at 1/1/17 - £96,839 - now : £91,342 - capital reduced by £5497 so far this year
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

189Posts Today

1,629Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @TfLTravelAlerts: Oxford Circus and Bond Street stations now both reopened and all trains are stopping normally.

• RT @metpoliceuk: We have not located any trace of suspects, evidence of shots fired or casualties. Officers still on scene. If you are in a?

• My hopes and prayers are that this turns out to be nothing. Stay safe.

• Follow Martin