Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • There Is a Light
    • By There Is a Light 1st Apr 16, 9:22 AM
    • 495Posts
    • 3,216Thanks
    There Is a Light
    My "Out of the Rat Race" adventure.
    • 1st Apr 16, 9:22 AM
    My "Out of the Rat Race" adventure. 1st Apr 16 at 9:22 AM
    As of yesterday I am totally Debt Free I also have a slight red wine head to show for it. There are some amazing people around these forums and my journey to debt freeness was made easier by reading inspirational diaries and also having the support of those who posted on my own DFD. So I have come to the conclusion that I need to stick around

The aim of this diary is to focus my intentions of my (and Mr Light's) journey to Financial Independence within the next 5 years which includes paying off the mortgage and leaving our jobs for a frugal but free life at ages 49 (me) and 57 (Mr Light)

The following posts will include strategies, musings, ramblings and whatever pops into my head
    "These things take time but I know that I'm the most inept that ever stepped"
    Save £12K in 2016 #150 £12858.59/£14200.00
Page 14
    • There Is a Light
    • By There Is a Light 8th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 3,216 Thanks
    There Is a Light
    Wow. You are on fire
    Originally posted by beanielou
    Thanks Beanie, on fire with the FIRE pot
    • There Is a Light
    • By There Is a Light 23rd Oct 16, 9:05 AM
    • 495 Posts
    • 3,216 Thanks
    There Is a Light
    Phew! Made it to half term.

Lot's to update my diary with and some exciting news

I have been on a mission selling stuff on £bay, Gumtr££ and FB selling. In total for October I have managed to clear £315 after fees and postage tis month so far These sales have literally been from our own stuff which has been gathering dust and unused for years in some cases.

Last week I was inspired by some links to resellers (thanks Ellidee) so Mr Light and I popped to a local car boot sale to see if we could see any booty to resell for profit. Initial outlay of £10 and am hoping for a profit of around £40. Watch this space

First @von order has gone well, over £200 in sales which will give me £40 in profit after initial admin fee and next brochures. Apparently nobody does @von at all in my village so will aim to build a customer base. I will actually be The @von lady!!

I am really enjoying doing the whole selling thing and think it will most likely be my side hustle for when I reach FIRE.

So what's the exciting news...........work agreed to my unpaid leave request
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 10th Dec 16, 6:11 PM
    • 46,585 Posts
    • 165,667 Thanks
    beanielou
    You have gone very quiet.
    Hope all well in your world.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Buffythedebtslayer
    • By Buffythedebtslayer 10th Dec 16, 9:30 PM
    • 14,829 Posts
    • 47,527 Thanks
    Buffythedebtslayer
    ooooooooooooo I was hoping for an update

Hope everything is ok lovely (Avon)Lady

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Saving all the money.............really I am !
    • There Is a Light
    • By There Is a Light 27th Jun 17, 4:34 PM
    • 495 Posts
    • 3,216 Thanks
    There Is a Light
    It's been a while since I have updated the state of play. I have had so much change over the last 6 months I am almost unrecognisable in many ways. There is one final piece of the puzzle which should be put in place by the end of the week then I shall return with a mega update.

I hope that all is well with anyone who comes across this post
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 28th Jun 17, 8:01 AM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 40,710 Thanks
    Pooky
    Looking forward to an update
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 28th Jun 17, 9:11 AM
    • 46,585 Posts
    • 165,667 Thanks
    beanielou
    Also looking forward to the update.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • There Is a Light
    • By There Is a Light 13th Jul 17, 11:32 AM
    • 495 Posts
    • 3,216 Thanks
    There Is a Light
    Hi Pooky and Beanie xx

Unfortunately things didn't work out as I expected so I shall have to wait to update, probably the end of the month. Sorry to be so mysterious.
    • Pooky
    • By Pooky 13th Jul 17, 2:08 PM
    • 6,645 Posts
    • 40,710 Thanks
    Pooky
    We'll let you off (for now)
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 46,585 Posts
    • 165,667 Thanks
    beanielou
    Only for now

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin