Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Dazzler1987
    • By Dazzler1987 31st Mar 16, 11:39 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    UKPC, DRP & Gladstones
    • 31st Mar 16, 11:39 PM
    UKPC, DRP & Gladstones 31st Mar 16 at 11:39 PM
    Hi all. Back in March 2014 I collected my parents from Newcastle airport. I arrived late and to save me the 1 drop off/pick up fee they walked out to a close hotel entrance. They informed me where they were and I obviously went to their location. This was close to the airport and from what I believe, was on airport land. They do have signs prohibiting loading in that area, I admit I was wrong however it was late, dark and the signs were unlit - despite being regulatory signs in a lit area - the TSRGD issued by the Secretary of State clearly states that these signs should be lit if in a built up area with street lighting. I only noticed these signs upon my return to the airport to check after receiving a charge from UKPC. I followed advice and ignored. I then moved from this address and I kind of forgot about it, more and more as time went on in fact. It was only this week that I returned to the house, which for the past 3 years has been rented out by my parents, to a stack of letters from UKPC, Debt Recovery Plus and most recently Gladstones solicitors stating that to prevent legal action I need to pay 160 within 14 days. I have never contacted either UKPC or debt recovery plus so I'm not sure where my argument now stands.

Thank you...
Page 2
    • Saniyas
    • By Saniyas 16th Oct 16, 10:21 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Hi, did you reply back to Gladstones? If no, have they come back to you?

They have sent me a letter last week so contemplating what to do?

• pappa golf
    • By pappa golf 16th Oct 16, 10:24 PM
    • 4,680 Posts
    • 4,211 Thanks
    pappa golf
    please start your own thread , stating the location and the parking Co
    Have YOU had to walk 500 miles?
    Were you advised to walk 500 more?
    You could be entitled to compensation.
    Call the Pro Claimers NOW.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,269Posts Today

4,271Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thank you for all your kind wishes.Not sure now if it's a hamstring tear now. Feels like very bad cramp in the back of my thigh

• RT @MSE_Deals: Psssst! Sneak preview of tomorrow's email deals NOW... On @MartinSLewis's Facebook: (pls help us spo?

• He tried to refuse the fare and tip I refused to be refused and said he should tree should put it in a charity tin

• Follow Martin