Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 26th Mar 16, 6:50 PM
    • 2,940Posts
    • 1,712Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    Strange eBay finds.
    • 26th Mar 16, 6:50 PM
    Strange eBay finds. 26th Mar 16 at 6:50 PM
    Strange eBay finds:

Empty cellotape reels, used plastic caps and other bits of rubbish?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/omexmc006/m.html?_trksid=p3692

Very weird!!! Check the feedback too. Add your strange eBay finds below!!! ROTFL
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Page 2
    • emmbrook
    • By emmbrook 15th Apr 17, 9:47 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    emmbrook
    But I don't get it. He or she has sold thousands of sheets if you look at their feedback. How would they recycle these stamps cost effectively?

I once put a stamp on a wrong envelope and had to peel it off which can be quite difficult to do and they are doing it by the bucket load?
    Originally posted by ballisticbrian
    Well there's plenty doing it so it must be worth their while I guess. Unless I'm mistaken and they are covering up fakes as unfranked genuine. I suppose it is possible but I'm not buying a load to check them!
    • emmbrook
    • By emmbrook 16th Apr 17, 12:17 PM
    • 104 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    emmbrook
    I take it back - seems that fakes are fairly widespread - some info here: http://stampbears.net/thread/2657/counterfeit-forgery-royal-class-stamps
    And here:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2331712/Turkish-police-seize-million-fake-British-postage-stamps.html

Articles not that recent but if it was profitable three years ago it probably still is.
    • askmeaboutsofas
    • By askmeaboutsofas 17th Apr 17, 2:11 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    askmeaboutsofas
    I can't post a link, but check out item number 201889459518. I actually read the wall o' text, poor guy was ripped off by a furniture company and i do feel bad for him - but not 5000 worth of bad :/
    • soolin
    • By soolin 17th Apr 17, 2:24 PM
    • 58,583 Posts
    • 41,461 Thanks
    soolin
    I can't post a link, but check out item number 201889459518. I actually read the wall o' text, poor guy was ripped off by a furniture company and i do feel bad for him - but not 5000 worth of bad :/
    Originally posted by askmeaboutsofas
    I'm sure he has a real grievance but I found it completely incomprehensible, I have no idea what on earth he is going on about. I'm sure he is completely genuine, but with such poor use of the written word I do wonder if perhaps he was confused and misled with the original transaction due to poor understanding, rather then scammed?

Also an unregistered business, so perhaps not so nave after all.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • coffeehound
    • By coffeehound 17th Apr 17, 5:32 PM
    • 863 Posts
    • 1,386 Thanks
    coffeehound
    It sounds as though the supplying shop went bust owing money to the manufacturer as well as this seller. He's not really making the product live though is he, so might struggle to sell.
    • CLEARANCE FEE
    • By CLEARANCE FEE 17th Apr 17, 9:44 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    CLEARANCE FEE
    I thought this to but I have one items for 2p forgotten to pay and got a strike against my account however the seller will make nothing from this then need to pay postage. Unless one possible feedback is worth 70p postage the best explanation I have is some people are stupid,
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 18th Apr 17, 10:08 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,622 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    Analysed the first 1000 feedback of omexmc006 just for fun
    count, username
    86 a***i
    45 i***g
    31 s***p
    28 e***e
    24 -***r
    22 s***r
    18 l***i
    16 r***r
    13 a***n
    12 e***d
    12 t***a
    11 d***i
    10 r***t
    10 b***t
    10 t***r
    Last edited by SpammyTheSpammer; 18-04-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: all wrong!
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 18th Apr 17, 10:12 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,622 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    its a shame that buyers are now anonymous,
    would love to look up who "a***i" really is....
    I am a cow so cannot speak Bullshine but I do recognise its smell when I come upon it.
    • olgadapolga
    • By olgadapolga 18th Apr 17, 10:38 PM
    • 764 Posts
    • 910 Thanks
    olgadapolga
    I really cannot fathom this one out . . .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Postage-label-/152479582150?hash=item23807dc7c6:g:cDcAAOSwXYtY0EC t
    • SpammyTheSpammer
    • By SpammyTheSpammer 19th Apr 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1,559 Posts
    • 1,622 Thanks
    SpammyTheSpammer
    That really is weird!
    have no idea either...
    • NBLondon
    • By NBLondon 20th Apr 17, 9:24 AM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 6,771 Thanks
    NBLondon
    Seller bought an APL (the big sticky label) for a parcel in advance; then didn't have to send the parcel and decided to sell on the unused label? Why they didn't keep the label and use it for another parcel is the first question... the second is who on earth bought it? What were they searching for to find a label at the right value for something they wanted to send and was it really worth it to save 70p (6.45 label bought for 5.75)?
    One day I'll think of something witty - Apparently I have!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,797Posts Today

8,204Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin