Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 19th Mar 16, 12:46 PM
    • 2,623Posts
    • 4,971Thanks
    Spidernick
    Living with a very famous name
    • 19th Mar 16, 12:46 PM
    Living with a very famous name 19th Mar 16 at 12:46 PM
    Do you, or anyone you know, have a very famous name? If so, how does it affect them, if at all?

When I was at school there was a James Bond in the year below me, which I imagine would be cool at times, but mostly annoying given the unoriginal comments that people are likely to make on a regular basis. From an early age he would have been aware of his famous name (perhaps these days he is Jim or Jimmy to try and water this down), but I also wonder how older people feel walking around as, for example, Harry Potter or David Beckham (or any female equivalent) when suddenly that name becomes famous. Would that be different perhaps?

Please let me know any experiences you have. Thanks.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
Page 4
    • Head The Ball
    • By Head The Ball 7th May 17, 4:52 PM
    • 3,078 Posts
    • 7,204 Thanks
    Head The Ball
    .. my all time favourite... an adult student, I could never look straight in the eye, with the unfortunate name of Merrick Hunt.
    Originally posted by Mista_C
    He had a brother called Mike.
    Who'll remember the ones
    who only rode in them to die
    All their lives are just a smudge
    of smoke against the sky
    • Mardel
    • By Mardel 1st Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mardel
    Not famous, but I went to school with Emma Dale and Alison Allison.
    • Florence J
    • By Florence J 2nd Jun 17, 11:01 PM
    • 1,885 Posts
    • 11,124 Thanks
    Florence J
    Not the most famous person in the world, but my Uni lecturer was called Chris Morris, and since it was a film course many initially thought it was the BrassEye/Day Today Chris Morris.

The funny thing is my lecturer changed his name to Chris Morris because his original name was Chris Peacock.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 11 #553
    £1000 Emergency Fund Challenge #253
    Wombling free 2017 = £2195.92
    Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2017 #53 (£3168.45/£3000)
    February 2018 Credit Card Debt: £3885
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 16th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    • 26,983 Posts
    • 78,789 Thanks
    jackieb
    There used to be a Bridget Jones who worked in our Tesco. It was strange to hear her name called over the tannoy.
    • mobileron
    • By mobileron 20th Aug 17, 3:55 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    mobileron
    I have a friend called Michael Jackson and he lives in Hollywood, when the other one died, his telephone rang of the hook for a week.
    • red devil
    • By red devil 1st Dec 17, 2:43 PM
    • 10,401 Posts
    • 7,746 Thanks
    red devil
    I know a Ronnie Barker
    • Marcus1991
    • By Marcus1991 8th Dec 17, 10:45 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    Marcus1991
    I know some on called will lee
    • Exemplar
    • By Exemplar 7th Jan 18, 8:17 PM
    • 1,131 Posts
    • 432 Thanks
    Exemplar
    I can't name the company I work for but one of our customers is called Dave Angel as in...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_IxbKeM-HY

I went to school with a girl who was Dutch. I think her name was spelt Amanda Lifjeboots but it was always pronounced Mandy Lifeboats'.

Oh and we know an Asian lady called Yew Wang... yes we do.
    Last edited by Exemplar; 07-01-2018 at 8:18 PM. Reason: ..
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
    • Peelerfart
    • By Peelerfart 5th Feb 18, 1:59 PM
    • 1,866 Posts
    • 1,641 Thanks
    Peelerfart
    I spent years working with Alan Shearer, he hated football!
    Space available for rent
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

815Posts Today

6,733Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EssexHebridean: I?ve been an active member of the MSE forums for nearly 10 years now. It?s helped us to clear all debt including paying?

• RT @Ski308: @MartinSLewis @MoneySavingExp Been trying to work out how much I?ve saved due to the site. Must be well over £2,000 with everyt?

• Happy Birthday MoneySavingExpert - 15 years old today. It's come a long way, and I hope helped many people. Here'? https://t.co/fE1MqiDdQZ

• Follow Martin