Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Spidernick
    • By Spidernick 19th Mar 16, 12:46 PM
    • 2,604Posts
    • 4,931Thanks
    Spidernick
    Living with a very famous name
    • 19th Mar 16, 12:46 PM
    Living with a very famous name 19th Mar 16 at 12:46 PM
    Do you, or anyone you know, have a very famous name? If so, how does it affect them, if at all?

When I was at school there was a James Bond in the year below me, which I imagine would be cool at times, but mostly annoying given the unoriginal comments that people are likely to make on a regular basis. From an early age he would have been aware of his famous name (perhaps these days he is Jim or Jimmy to try and water this down), but I also wonder how older people feel walking around as, for example, Harry Potter or David Beckham (or any female equivalent) when suddenly that name becomes famous. Would that be different perhaps?

Please let me know any experiences you have. Thanks.
    'I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my father. Not screaming and terrified like his passengers.' (Bob Monkhouse).

Sky? Believe in better.

Note: win, draw or lose (not 'loose' - opposite of tight!)
Page 4
    • easy
    • By easy 4th May 17, 5:59 PM
    • 2,263 Posts
    • 2,643 Thanks
    easy
    Heard on the radio today (May the Fourth) , a couple have named their son born today George ... with the middle name Lucas.
    I try not to get too stressed out on the forum. I won't argue, i'll just leave a thread if you don't like what I say.
    • Head The Ball
    • By Head The Ball 7th May 17, 4:52 PM
    • 2,859 Posts
    • 6,461 Thanks
    Head The Ball
    .. my all time favourite... an adult student, I could never look straight in the eye, with the unfortunate name of Merrick Hunt.
    Originally posted by Mista_C
    He had a brother called Mike.
    Who'll remember the ones
    who only rode in them to die
    All their lives are just a smudge
    of smoke against the sky
    • Mardel
    • By Mardel 1st Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mardel
    Not famous, but I went to school with Emma Dale and Alison Allison.
    • Florence J
    • By Florence J 2nd Jun 17, 11:01 PM
    • 1,577 Posts
    • 8,902 Thanks
    Florence J
    Not the most famous person in the world, but my Uni lecturer was called Chris Morris, and since it was a film course many initially thought it was the BrassEye/Day Today Chris Morris.

The funny thing is my lecturer changed his name to Chris Morris because his original name was Chris Peacock.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 10 #553 (£90) Wombling free 2017 = £1505.37 Pay off all your debts by Xmas 2017 #53 (£2743.11/£3000) Debt to OH paid back £1120.95/£1120.95
    September 2017 Credit Card Debt: £4344.96
    • jackieb
    • By jackieb 16th Jul 17, 9:16 PM
    • 26,981 Posts
    • 78,778 Thanks
    jackieb
    There used to be a Bridget Jones who worked in our Tesco. It was strange to hear her name called over the tannoy.
    • mobileron
    • By mobileron 20th Aug 17, 3:55 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mobileron
    I have a friend called Michael Jackson and he lives in Hollywood, when the other one died, his telephone rang of the hook for a week.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

649Posts Today

5,951Users online

Martin's Twitter