Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,104Posts
    • 21,565Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 5:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 465
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 7th Sep 17, 9:48 AM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 8,601 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    Hugs Pyxis, what a horrible experience. Sometimes you need to just get up and leave.
    • Gingernutty
    • By Gingernutty 7th Sep 17, 10:55 AM
    • 3,418 Posts
    • 10,321 Thanks
    Gingernutty
    Attention seeking. Narcissist. Histrionic PD. EUPD. We're not professionals, Pyxis, sorry.

By not going into the specific whys and wherefores, she's got no intention of ending the 'feud' and may well talk about your 'outrageous behaviour' behind your back to others, just to make herself the centre of attention.

She probably enjoyed you effectively grovelling to her, apologising and wanting information from her.

Perhaps she's jealous of you and your perceived accomplishments?

It's horrible when something like that happens, if she has no bearing on your professional life and you can avoid her in the future, you may well have got away with little damage to your reputation.

If she has influence over your friends, then I have no idea what to say.

It's horrible when you come across someone who clearly is troubled, but drives people away. ((((((Pyxis))))))
    Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway...
    • Lambyr
    • By Lambyr 7th Sep 17, 1:12 PM
    • 338 Posts
    • 1,550 Thanks
    Lambyr
    Hi, Pyxis. Sounds like an awful experience.

The only advice I can offer is never to try and reason with unreasonable people. This person likely has many problems. You won't be able to do anything about it. It is best to just leave them be, for your own sake.
    She would always like to say,
    Why change the past when you can own this day?
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 7th Sep 17, 2:44 PM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    That's awful Pyxis, very sorry it happened to you. Avoiding them is the best policy IMO, anyone that says things like "you know perfectly well..." isn't going to be worth talking to.

(very) Belated hello to WaS
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 7th Sep 17, 4:58 PM
    • 28,945 Posts
    • 105,923 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Thanks. Yes, avoidance was what I decided to do, despite them complimenting me on my hair this morning! which I acknowledged with a polite "thank you" and walked away.

Doesn't make any sense.

I avoided them all day. If I understood it, I could deal with it, but I don't, so I shall keep well away, as far as I am able.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • Gingernutty
    • By Gingernutty 7th Sep 17, 5:43 PM
    • 3,418 Posts
    • 10,321 Thanks
    Gingernutty
    Dilemma.

I found some personal papers yesterday. They had been dropped outside a shop.

The woman's address was on them so I went out of my way to pop them through her letterbox.

The address suggested a house, it was in fact a block of flats.

However, some of the front doors were labelled but most weren't.

I was looking for 17 and found an unmarked door opposite 19. Thinking I'd found the correct address, I put them through the door.

Now I'm thinking if there were two flats per floor, then 15 and 17 must be on the ground floor, 21 must have been opposite 19 and I've put the papers through the letterbox of 21 instead of 17.

Do I leave it?

Knock on the door I put the papers through and see who they are?

I'm hoping that if I have put the papers through the wrong door, the occupant would be good enough to put them through the correct door.

It's been preying on my mind ever since I realised I might have made a mistake.
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 7th Sep 17, 5:52 PM
    • 11,510 Posts
    • 48,210 Thanks
    whitewing
    GN,

You have done your bit so I think you should forget all about it. You probably got it right anyway.

No more mulling!

I have my big-girl pants on today and am doing paperwork stuff. Relief to have started. DS was moaning that I said I would do it in February.

Part of my "great a grip" phase!

Getting some toys off gumtree for littlewing for xmas. She will not care that they are not boxed; I shall theme them into cellophane anyway. (She will have some new cheap presents).
    When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
    • Gingernutty
    • By Gingernutty 7th Sep 17, 8:24 PM
    • 3,418 Posts
    • 10,321 Thanks
    Gingernutty
    Thanks Whitewing. Kick up the a r s e duly noted.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 7th Sep 17, 9:38 PM
    • 18,690 Posts
    • 18,977 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    Pyxis - horrid horrid experience. I might write her a letter reinforcing that I seriously have no idea why she was upset, and making a bit note for now and the future that it was not and will not be your intention to upset or offend. AND maybe be upfront about the fact that her public reaction upset you. Ask if you could have an agreement to tell each other if you upset each other, in private (but that you now consider this event over, although you would still like a guide as to what you said so that you can avoid repeating the trigger.)

Actually, come to think of it, trigger is an excellent word, isn't it, cos it doesn't attribute blame. (I've only just realised this!) xxx
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • Gingernutty
    • By Gingernutty 7th Sep 17, 9:41 PM
    • 3,418 Posts
    • 10,321 Thanks
    Gingernutty
    By email. If this is work, everything will have to have a 'paper trail'.
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 9th Sep 17, 9:09 AM
    • 1,645 Posts
    • 8,601 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    Does anyone else here hit rock bottom before there period? I absolutely plumb the depths, "Why do I go on? I'm a burden to my family" etc, for about 2 days before I start and then when it happens I get back to normal (normal for me).
    Any suggestions on ways to make this more manageable?
    • Gingernutty
    • By Gingernutty 9th Sep 17, 1:16 PM
    • 3,418 Posts
    • 10,321 Thanks
    Gingernutty
    That thing I did for charity last year? I'm doing it again.

It felt fine months ago when I volunteered, but now it's a little over 3 weeks away, I have started to ramp up.

5 mins on stage and it's taking weeks of thinking, ideas, writing and going through it in my head.

I still haven't practised it out loud.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 9th Sep 17, 1:48 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Remember how well it went ginfer.

OH back in hospital
    • elsien
    • By elsien 9th Sep 17, 3:30 PM
    • 15,062 Posts
    • 37,720 Thanks
    elsien
    Sorry to hear that melly - hope it's not too much of a setback. Lots of positive thoughts heading your way.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • dekaspace
    • By dekaspace 9th Sep 17, 5:19 PM
    • 3,320 Posts
    • 2,674 Thanks
    dekaspace
    I am assuming getting over the virus has drained me, not sure if its that or getting up for college 3 days a week at 7.30am but I literally got almost over my virus on Wednesday (apart from a mild blocked nose here and there) Wednesday Thursday and Friday night I slept 13 hours as each time I woke at normal times I just blacked out after a few seconds.

Emotions are strange too, not sure if thats because of the stress of having to loan family member money and stress from utility provider.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 11th Sep 17, 9:32 AM
    • 1,349 Posts
    • 3,908 Thanks
    Izadora
    Dandy, I can sympathise but unfortunately can't suggest ways to help. I did find that I was slightly less unhinged when I had the Mirena coil but generally I just have to try to remind myself that it's only hormonal and I'll be fine again in a couple of days.

Ginger, good luck although I'm sure you'll be great.

Melly, I hope OH's on the mend again soon.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 11th Sep 17, 10:29 AM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    I am assuming getting over the virus has drained me,
    Originally posted by dekaspace
    That's quiet likely, if I've had a cold for example, I find that it takes a few days after the symptoms have finished before I'm restored to my normal energy level, until then I'm basically exhausted all the time.

Best wishes to OH Melly.
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 12th Sep 17, 7:25 PM
    • 16,989 Posts
    • 44,646 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    I don't call my mum enough. Just had a lovely chat though i ain't spoken to her in about 3 months. I generally hate making phone calls though always feel better when speaking to her so going to try and aim for once a month to begin with, then maybe every fortnight. As morbid a thought as it is she wont be here forever so i need to make more effort (i;d say it goes both ways but in fairness she never knows when im working so its harder for her to contact me)
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 1lbs
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 12th Sep 17, 7:28 PM
    • 16,949 Posts
    • 25,853 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    I don't call my mum enough. Just had a lovely chat though i ain't spoken to her in about 3 months. I generally hate making phone calls though always feel better when speaking to her so going to try and aim for once a month to begin with, then maybe every fortnight. As morbid a thought as it is she wont be here forever so i need to make more effort (i;d say it goes both ways but in fairness she never knows when im working so its harder for her to contact me)
    Originally posted by xXMessedUpXx
    Good that you had a lovely chat.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 13th Sep 17, 8:45 AM
    • 3,340 Posts
    • 7,371 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    I call my parents most weekends, I'm aware that given their ages I won't have around them forever. I do get to hear quite a lot about the bowls club though!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

52Posts Today

3,470Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin