Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,104Posts
    • 21,565Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 5:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 450
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 5th Jul 17, 11:04 AM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 3,887 Thanks
    Izadora
    Melly, it's good to hear from you. I hope OH is improving and please try to look after yourself.

MU, did you manage to get an appointment? I hope things are a bit better for you.

HBS, good luck for the new job and enjoy the peace of being ignored.

Hugs and squishes to all xx
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 5th Jul 17, 11:11 AM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    out
    Luckily have the support of Calley and some family would have collapsed.otherwise.
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    Not sure how much help I have been. But always there for you to talk to.

Well my lovelies. Dog mugged me off this morning. Did not want to go for a walk so went on my own

Anyway have wiped down, tided and hoovered up in the kitchen. Hoovered and dusted in the living room. Given the hoover a rest due to the amount of dog hair and washed the hepa filter. So wont be able to use it for the rest of the day while the filter dries out.

Its warmer today so please stay hydrated.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 5th Jul 17, 7:29 PM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    Lots of hugs to those who need them right now xx

Melly I always love your animal photos and look forward to seeing them when you're ready
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 5th Jul 17, 11:54 PM
    • 16,988 Posts
    • 44,641 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    hey there

i havent been to the doctor yet but i've realised what was going off. Instead of taking 2 10mg tablets i've only been taking the 5mg ones (the packing is the same and its usually dark when i take them). I realised this last night and found my others ones and took the full dose, have felt much better today, more level. However i will get an appointment if it gets any worse. The confusing thoughts are gone and i don;t feel as racing as before. Hopefully now im back on the proper dose i should level out. Sorry for concerning anyone. xx
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 1lbs
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 6th Jul 17, 12:00 AM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    MU I'm really glad you are feeling better can you pop the 5mg ones in a different drawer so they don't get mixed up again? X
    • xXMessedUpXx
    • By xXMessedUpXx 6th Jul 17, 12:16 AM
    • 16,988 Posts
    • 44,641 Thanks
    xXMessedUpXx
    MU I'm really glad you are feeling better can you pop the 5mg ones in a different drawer so they don't get mixed up again? X
    Originally posted by dandy-candy
    I will do, i'll try and keep them seperate, need to check which ones i have at Swains (the bf) to make sure i dont get mixed up again.
    "Life Is Like A Beautiful Melody Only The Lyrics Are Messed Up"
    To see the rainbow you need both the sun and the rain to make its colours appear
    weight lost: 1lbs
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 6th Jul 17, 9:44 AM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 3,887 Thanks
    Izadora
    MU, I'm glad things are calming down a bit for you. As well as keeping them separate, is there any way you can put them in different packaging/stick something to the packets so that it's obvious which is which?

I'm at the stage of the month where I really hate being female. Despite knowing that it's only the hormones talking I'm in a massive grump, hate everyone (although nobody quite so much as myself), keep being tetchy with IzHe and am swinging between wanting to cry and wanting to punch things/people. Ah, the joys... Oh well, at least it'll go away in a couple of days.

I hope everyone's keeping well xx
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 6th Jul 17, 10:59 AM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    Morning my lovelies,

Hugs ans squishes and handshakes all round. And extras for the MIA's hope you are ok.

I live among a strange lot. Bins are collected tomorrow and they are suppose to be collected from 7am onwards. The first bin was put out 10.45am today!!!!! This is a regular thing not just someone going away.

Just when I though I had a handle on my achilles tendonitis. The lump on the back of my heel had gone down. its come back again

Back to square one again. Need to take the dog out in a min but it will be a very slow walk. Its annoying as I wanted to up my exercise to try and get fit and in the process loose some weight.

So can't do any running or jumping around at the moment. Seems cycling and swimming are the exercises to do. Can hardly take the dog out for a walk on my bike. And really don't want to been seen in a swim suit.

MU glad that you have sorted it. But please be careful. And it wont hurt to see the dr.

Looks like its going to be warm again today so keep your fluid intake up.

Everyone take care

Yours

Calley X

• dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 6th Jul 17, 11:16 AM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    dandy-candy

And really don't want to been seen in a swim suit.
    Originally posted by calleyw
    Calleyw my DH feels the same (he's just over 22st), but he's discovered that if he gets to the pool 30-40 mins before it shuts then it's almost empty. Also quite often they've already cashed up the till so they just wave him in for free!
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 6th Jul 17, 11:40 AM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    Calleyw my DH feels the same (he's just over 22st), but he's discovered that if he gets to the pool 30-40 mins before it shuts then it's almost empty. Also quite often they've already cashed up the till so they just wave him in for free!
    Originally posted by dandy-candy
    Dandy,

Thanks for that. Mind you for me its the whole thing of changing afterwards as well.

I did say to my partner that what I would do is put my cossie on and go down in my dressing gown. No need to get changed and just do the same to come back

Yours

Calley

• Izadora
    • By Izadora 6th Jul 17, 11:58 AM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 3,887 Thanks
    Izadora
    Can hardly take the dog out for a walk on my bike.
    I quite often see people on bikes walking/running dogs along the seafront. I know that it wouldn't work if you had to turn corners but I've always thought it looks like a great way to give a dog a good run at a speed you couldn't manage on foot.

I've also seen someone on a skateboard letting the dog pull them along

I hope the tendonitis clears up again soon.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 6th Jul 17, 12:34 PM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    I quite often see people on bikes walking/running dogs along the seafront. I know that it wouldn't work if you had to turn corners but I've always thought it looks like a great way to give a dog a good run at a speed you couldn't manage on foot.

I've also seen someone on a skateboard letting the dog pull them along

I hope the tendonitis clears up again soon.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    I tend to go over fields and along the canal. So its not so easy. And then jumping off to pick up the poo.

A few years a go at seaside town I thought this young woman was walking her cat Nope turned out to be a rabbit on a lead

Yours

Calley X

• onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 6th Jul 17, 1:27 PM
    • 3,325 Posts
    • 7,343 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    A few years a go at seaside town I thought this young woman was walking her cat Nope turned out to be a rabbit on a lead
    Where I used to live, there was a woman whose cat came along of its own accord when she walked her dog
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 6th Jul 17, 2:02 PM
    • 18,689 Posts
    • 18,970 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    Love your new avatar, Ono!
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 6th Jul 17, 3:39 PM
    • 11,509 Posts
    • 48,200 Thanks
    whitewing
    If I go swimming, I wrap my towel around me and leave it by the side of the pool. No one has ever complained, probably because the prospect of me without it is worse. In the water, I always keep submerged to my neck!

What about aquaerobics, calley? I always enjoyed that.
    When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
    • dandy-candy
    • By dandy-candy 6th Jul 17, 4:24 PM
    • 1,642 Posts
    • 8,589 Thanks
    dandy-candy
    Finally had a day were I ate something without terrible cramps and rushing to the loo (sorry if tmi) Still not sure if it was a tummy bug or part of my citalopram withdrawal, but just glad it's gone

When I had my mammogram last month the consultant mentioned how important it is to have a correctly fitting bra. I wasn't sure if it was a general comment or directed at me. I've been wearing the same ones for years and have put on a good stone and a half since I bought them but stupidly it never occurred to me that my size might have changed! I finally went out yesterday and got a new one and was shocked to find I'm no longer a C cup, but a DD I'm hoping if I get a grip on my eating they will get smaller
    Health penguin my mum died of breast cancer. She had a huge bust and didn't notice the lump until it was the size of a plum stone. I dread the thought of getting a big bust incase I miss something too penguin end

I'm going out tomorrow to an exhibition and I'm a bit nervous about the crowd situation. DD is coming again this year but DH is going to come too and drive so I don't have to face public transport and can "escape" quickly if it all gets too much! Fingers crossed tummy behaves for me
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 6th Jul 17, 5:21 PM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 3,887 Thanks
    Izadora
    Dandy, enjoy the exhibition and hopefully you won't feel the need to escape for any reason.

I often think that, even with the pain/tiredness/everything else that you get, worrying about needing to go and not knowing where the toilets are is probably the worst thing about IBS/having an upset stomach for an extended period of time.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 6th Jul 17, 6:23 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Do you live near me ono
    I end up with anything from 1 to all 4 with me when I walk the dogs.

Today no better
    Cal is aware of today's reason to shout am exhausted and not in best of moods so happy niece moved to sat
    Though I am supposed to be being beautified at some point over weekend by other niece

Giving up
    OH is an idiot
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 7th Jul 17, 11:45 AM
    • 1,346 Posts
    • 3,887 Thanks
    Izadora
    Melly, I hope you manage to get your beautifying at the weekend. You really deserve/need someone doing something nice for you and if there's anything any of us can do to help then just holler.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 7th Jul 17, 1:30 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,299Posts Today

8,138Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin