Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,101Posts
    • 21,526Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 5:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 439
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 11th May 17, 10:06 AM
    • 5,632 Posts
    • 12,882 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Cal your in box is full.

Bit better day yesterday OH was awake woohoo he can't talk so was mouthing stuff to me.
    'Can I have a cup of tea' answer not yet babies as soon as you can I will bring you a flask.

Thirsty, need drink. Answer I got freezing cold water and cleaned his mouth with the sponges letting him suck them.

When asked if he wanted me to clean his mouth with the pink mouth cleaner, I got a fantastic face followed by 'no, it's !!!!.'

Felt so much better I got in and passed out
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 11th May 17, 10:11 AM
    • 8,603 Posts
    • 15,357 Thanks
    calleyw
    Cal your in box is full.
    Originally posted by mellymoo74
    Sorted

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 11th May 17, 6:37 PM
    • 4,625 Posts
    • 9,780 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    Thanks for that info heartbreak_star I am now happily posting everywhere again , hopefully by the time they come back I will have forgotten about it.

I am still struggling with my son, we had another episode after school yesterday. I am now worrying what will happen when I have to work full time, he really isn't safe to be left alone and it is a real struggle to get him to go to strangers (ie childminder). The one we use now won't take him after primary school age and even with them he has a meltdown every time he has been, I can just about cope with this for the odd occasion he goes (don't have a choice) but not every day . I don't have family that could help.
    Sealed pot challenge ~ 10 #017
    Declutter 2017 items in 2017 - 78/2017

• heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 12th May 17, 9:15 AM
    • 7,450 Posts
    • 16,353 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    I have to do a presentation today. I feel so stupid and unintelligent. Nasty bully woman will likely sit in front row and glare. My head is not a good place to be at all right now. I hate my job.

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

#JC4PM
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 12th May 17, 9:54 AM
    • 1,271 Posts
    • 3,609 Thanks
    Izadora
    mumtoone - are there childminders who would look after him at your house or is that prohibitively expensive/still likely to cause a meltdown?

HBS - good luck with the presentation. You're not stupid or unintelligent and try to ignore the nasty glaring woman or make up ridiculous scenarios to explain why she's so nasty.
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 12th May 17, 10:02 AM
    • 7,450 Posts
    • 16,353 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    mumtoone - are there childminders who would look after him at your house or is that prohibitively expensive/still likely to cause a meltdown?

HBS - good luck with the presentation. You're not stupid or unintelligent and try to ignore the nasty glaring woman or make up ridiculous scenarios to explain why she's so nasty.
    Originally posted by Izadora
    Thank you Izadora I just got a call for an interview so yay!

HBS x
    I believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.

#JC4PM
    • elsien
    • By elsien 12th May 17, 10:11 AM
    • 14,651 Posts
    • 36,383 Thanks
    elsien
    May I join in with the work related blues on the grounds my workload is unmanageable and we've been told our hours are being cut. Because of course when there is too much work for any team to manage the obvious solution is to give you even less time to do it in.
    Currently breaking out in a mass of cold sores.
    Good luck with the interview, HBS. Now you can look smug at nasty woman.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 12th May 17, 11:56 AM
    • 3,018 Posts
    • 6,674 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Good luck HBS
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 12th May 17, 3:15 PM
    • 7,450 Posts
    • 16,353 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    Thank you everyone

The presentation went OK - meanie lady did whisper a bit but no glares thankfully, and lots of people said they learned something

HBS x

#JC4PM
    • Penitent
    • By Penitent 14th May 17, 6:35 PM
    • 1,102 Posts
    • 2,997 Thanks
    Penitent
    My OCD has decided I haven't been freaking out sufficiently lately and is filling my head with what-ifs regarding some family stuff. Because it's an amorphous it-could-possibly-happen-sometime, rather than a situation that's actually happening, I can't resolve it, so it's just going round and round in my head. I really wish I had one of those normal families where you don't have to obsess over someone possibly !!!!ing up your life at some random point in the future.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 14th May 17, 7:19 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 2,978 Thanks
    faerielight
    Hi guys, I've been a bit quiet, I've not been coping well since I went to the house and found the books, I was doing so well after the funeral and after talking to the priest, but I just feel so overwhelmed so deeply sad and flooded with trauma memories, new and old. Finding the books has destroyed my head, it really has, and the PD centre won't let me talk about it as they are not "therapists" but I can't get referred for therapy as that old team deem me too ill, so I've been bottling it up, and I feel so isolated. And the Addisons's doesn't seem to be getting any better, if I do 1 thing or get stressed, I feel so ill, I'm so exhausted, feel sick all the time, and bloated, which I can't work out is the addisons or if it's the hernia starting to strangulate, I get really shaky and dizzy. and also breathless, and asthmary, for some reason. . I went to the gp last week to get the results of the mri. It showed a herniated disc in L1 which is trapping a nerve, plus osteo arthritis in my left hip, on top of the sacroiliitis, and all my other arthritis, and my gp thought it was a bright idea to pressurise me to come off my morphine, and had a pharmacist sitting in that I didn't agree too, who was also trying to cull some of my psych meds. This GP is becoming just as bad as my last one in that the more concrete diagnoses I accrue, the more she puts down my symptoms to my PD.. she minimised the chronic pain I'm in, and the fatigue, and told me to ignore the mri result when I asked for steroid injections in my spine.. Also, she is still refusing to prescribe me the emergency injectable steroid kit and minimising the addisons. I've been trying for almost a month now , and it's a vicious cycle as I'm so tired of having to validate and justify my physical illnesses, her putting it all on my PD triggers the medical PTSD of the medical negligence, makes my emotional intensity higher, and in turn that makes her think that I'm exaggerating! It's soo frustrating and terrifying. I've got a phone convo booked for tomorrow and I'm going to have it out with her, but I don't want to have to change gps again, and I'm tired of having to validate anything, and it stems from being invalidated about the abuse as a child so it reinforces the feeling of powerlessness.

My uncle has still blocked my email address so I have no idea what to do about that as I refuse to have phone contact with him, it's all too much stress, and my male bestie has frozen me out for 2 weeks and I don't know why,or how long the silent treatment will go on for. I just want to hide in bed and !!!! the world out.
    Last edited by faerielight; 14-05-2017 at 7:32 PM.
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 14th May 17, 7:51 PM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 10,533 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    Oh Faerie this makes the comment on your thread earlier even worse .
    I'm sorry your bestie has frozen you out too along with all the other stuff you're trying to sort and deal with .
    Keep posting here and stay with the other thread for a bit as someone may be able to answer your original question about esa .
    Don't keep everything inside your head . My dd has borderline so I understand how things can fast begin to overwhelm you .
    As you know there are others on this thread with bpd so you have come to the safe place you mentioned in your pm .
    I'll stay with the other thread and swat away any toxic newbies

Meanwhile gentle hugs to you and any here who'd like one .
    MU Keep on keeping on sweetheart x
    Same for Melly and her Husband xx
    Ono
    I hope the shoulder is a bit better . I don't get on with cocodamol but endured it for 3 days when I had a rotator cuff injury and then went on to a natural pain relieving gel which is always effective for me .
    Hot water bottles and wheat heat wraps are useful too .

As always thoughts with Was. Wasp and Millefleur I hope she's well xxx

Take care all from the seldom seen hummingbird
    polly
    • jobbingmusician
    • By jobbingmusician 14th May 17, 8:10 PM
    • 18,517 Posts
    • 18,750 Thanks
    jobbingmusician
    Hugs and squishes to all who need them, or anyone who would like one. And a special call out for WaS, hoping you are well and at least managing to follow the thread. Missing you! <3

Ooops, crossed posted with pollyanna (hadn't refreshed page). Lovely to see you and we are both thinking of WaS!
    I'm the Board Guide on the Matched Betting; Referrers and Jobseeking & Training boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

The good folk of the matched betting board are now (I hope!) supporting Macmillan, in memory of Fifigrace. Visit
    https://www.gofundme.com/running-the-leeds-10k-for-macmillan
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 14th May 17, 9:23 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 2,978 Thanks
    faerielight
    thanks polly
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 15th May 17, 1:08 AM
    • 5,632 Posts
    • 12,882 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 15th May 17, 10:30 AM
    • 7,450 Posts
    • 16,353 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    You have such pretty eyes Melly

HBS x

#JC4PM
    • seven-day-weekend
    • By seven-day-weekend 15th May 17, 12:42 PM
    • 28,967 Posts
    • 53,887 Thanks
    seven-day-weekend
    Well. After a week of taking the vitamin D, I have had no rls symptoms for over 24 hours. Upon googling, I discover that RLS can be down to Vitamin D deficiency. We will wait and see. At the moment I have relief. Bliss.

One person's research here, although it only involves 12 people: http://www.everydayhealth.com/columns/robert-rosenberg-sleep-answers/vitamin-d-deficiency-blame-restless-legs/
    Originally posted by seven-day-weekend
    Still no symptoms. Slept for five hours last nigh. Enjoying it while I can!

My heartfelt thoughts to all having a bad time.
    To love someone is to learn the song in their heart and to sing it to them when they have forgotten it
    'I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen. Not only because I see it, but because I see everything by it': C.S. Lewis
    St. Augustine — 'In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity.'
    • pollyanna 26
    • By pollyanna 26 15th May 17, 1:49 PM
    • 1,320 Posts
    • 10,533 Thanks
    pollyanna 26
    JM Someone's pinched the waving smiley so imagine that one is waving ! Hope you are well .

Penitent Are you able to disrupt those intrusive thoughts in anyway?
    I hope you feel a bit calmer today .

SDW Good to see you had a reasonable nights sleep . Thanks for jogging myH memory about vit D . I don't have rls but as there has been much discussion on vit D on the OS threads I keep meaning to give it a try as others with similar health conditions to myself have found it beneficial .

Faerie I hope you managed some sleep last night . Good luck with the phone appointment today . I don't imagine much will alter but it's worth a try .
    I will post on here later as I've been reading through your new to all this thread and trying to join up the dots to get a fuller picture to make up for the previous posts I've missed x

Wishing everyone a good day .

Oh Elsian I hope Gitdog is much better now . Your comment about the med that makes him hyper made me laugh . Many on here will recall the vivid pink liquid antibiotic which used to be prescribed for children . As a mum of 4 my heart used to sink when the pharmacist handed it over as 2 of my children used to virtually be swinging from the light fittings at the first spoonful .

Melly Hoping your husband is improving and you are managing some rest . Is that tigerbabes in the picture? I lose track of which mog is which Whichever it is it's a dead ringer for my mog of my heart still much missed . I know a lot of people don't agree but many of us do hold one in a special memory .
    Many years on and as someone who had cats all her life he was my last cat and I think will remain so .

Anyway I should have eaten at lunchtime so need to do so now .
    Todays you couldn't make it up is all 4 hospitals many miles apart and under 2 different trusts are in the remaining few trusts to not be operational yet . DD is due to have a very urgent procedure on Wednesday after a wait since late summer of last year .
    She is under the care of all those hospitals but at present none of them can proceed .
    polly
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 15th May 17, 2:33 PM
    • 5,632 Posts
    • 12,882 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    It is indeed tigerbabies
    He's missing his dad so plonked, milked, slept
    Madam Pickles wasn't the happiest she's ever been and tomcat was out (luckily)

Thanks HBS there mainly sunken in and carrying biiiig bags at the moment

He's still in ITU has another scan today to check all healing well and ick pockets all got.
    Don't mind admitting I am flagging badly at the moment very very tired.

Had a compliance call with DWP this morning
    Yep my thoughts were correct parting shot from upstairs.

Right clean up madam Froos mess and shower.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 15th May 17, 7:42 PM
    • 1,604 Posts
    • 2,978 Thanks
    faerielight
    thanks Polly I didn't have it out with the GP today, but she has finally agreed to prescribe me the steroid kit so that's a relief
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,249Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • You're right, of course. How silly of me. After all, all my work is solely focused on my own personal circumstance? https://t.co/m6DHzFUjzg

• RT @ARJMOR: @MartinSLewis It may well be kind of random, but the algorithm used has a bias to the unpopular seats.

• It seems what Ryanair is saying is "don't pay and we leave you the seats we don't think people want and they're in the middle."

• Follow Martin