Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,104Posts
    • 21,565Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 5:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 294
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd Oct 16, 4:29 PM
    • 15,162 Posts
    • 38,000 Thanks
    elsien
    I am cooking.
    The reason I am cooking is that I can't resist a bargain, so had to buy the 15 free range eggs for 50p even though I don't generally eat eggs. My oven doesn't work which limited the cooking options even further.
    I now have a freezer full of sweet potato frittata for lunches, and am about to start on the microwave syrup puddings. Gitdog has had the left overs and is a happy Gitdog.
    I appear to have used every utensil in the kitchen and then some.
    I need a lie down. And to avoid "bargains" in future.

Hope you feel better soon, Pyxis.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd Oct 16, 5:02 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Help

Been in mine since midnight
    Only one still here
    She scooped the other one in and didn't feed it at 7.30am
    Still isn't back
    Not fair on dogs

Have put passive agressive note through as was better than punching

I need to put it out
    Its not my responsibility
    But
    It can't meow
    Has no claws
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd Oct 16, 5:33 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Put it out
    Feel a proper cow
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd Oct 16, 9:32 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    She has just got back
    Knocked my door twice so far
    Have ignored it
    Nothing to say
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd Oct 16, 10:05 PM
    • 15,162 Posts
    • 38,000 Thanks
    elsien
    Good to see you back melly. And even though you've got enough on your plate on the pet front already, you do seem to have the knack of attracting very pretty kittys.
    I am the bad person who has spent part of the afternoon squirting water pistols at cats using my garden as a toilet.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

• mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    If she keeps letting kit tens that can't yet meow (they squeak) without claws out they won't be pretty for long.

Knocked again.
    Currently not letting my 2 out, have locked them out of the bedroom where poor didn't go to sleep till 4.30is OH is.
    • elsien
    • By elsien 23rd Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    • 15,162 Posts
    • 38,000 Thanks
    elsien
    Gitdog has had a somewhat relaxed day. This was his response to my morning walk suggestion.

• mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 23rd Oct 16, 10:34 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Gotta love a gitdog
    It was my two that made me deal with the guilt of putting out someone else's kitten.

They have had a good walk to make up for the fact the poor sausages have been locked in a single room most of the day.
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 24th Oct 16, 9:58 AM
    • 11,523 Posts
    • 48,259 Thanks
    whitewing
    How rude! It is perfectly possible to get your point across without such nastiness. Take no notice, melly. It is her problem, not yours.
    When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 24th Oct 16, 10:25 AM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 4,054 Thanks
    Izadora
    And it's Monday again in the blink of an eye!!

I hope everyone had a good weekend.

Calley - that's great news about Action Man and I hope all continues to go well.

Melly - I can't believe how rude that note is!! As WW said, it's her problem so just ignore it.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 24th Oct 16, 10:25 AM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    To be honest I'm amused
    It means she knows she was in the wrong
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 24th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Pickle princess has got a scrape on her face
    She came in covered in blood

She let me bathe her (she's a good girl)
    Doesn't look like cat fight.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 24th Oct 16, 9:24 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    The kitten are out again
    • codemonkey
    • By codemonkey 24th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 23,330 Thanks
    codemonkey
    Poor kitties.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
    • mellymoo74
    • By mellymoo74 24th Oct 16, 10:25 PM
    • 5,670 Posts
    • 13,013 Thanks
    mellymoo74
    Yep code very poor kittens
    Already jumping at the window and yowling at the door.
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 25th Oct 16, 7:51 AM
    • 11,523 Posts
    • 48,259 Thanks
    whitewing
    Miss you WaS.

Good morning. I am enjoying being up while the rest of the house is still asleep, as it's half term.

Going to be busy later.

Been watching my SAS programme on a Monday night. That is my ideal exercise (watching someone else do it).

Right - off to consult my various lists.
    When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
    • codemonkey
    • By codemonkey 25th Oct 16, 9:22 AM
    • 6,513 Posts
    • 23,330 Thanks
    codemonkey
    I am heading for a crisis.

Definitely a Penguin and a Possible crotch biting one as it involves suicidal thoughts.

I don't know if it's because I'm in a lot of pain that's wearing me down, or if it's me reacting terribly to change, or an extension of this existential crisis I seem to have been having since the start of this year, or all the above, but I am crashing. I have been binging again and struggling not to purge and I am trying really hard to think of a reason not to just take all my painkillers and just end it. There's something very seductive about just not being and at least everybody wouldn't have to put up with me annoying them anymore.

Don't worry, I (probably) won't do anything silly and I will rally, just struggling to see the wood for the trees right now. Any suggestions aside from therapy and GP (even trying to get a GP appointment atm is beyond my coping skills) are welcome.

End Penguin.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
    • Izadora
    • By Izadora 25th Oct 16, 9:33 AM
    • 1,412 Posts
    • 4,054 Thanks
    Izadora
    (((( Code ))))
    Penguin I'm so sorry, I have no suggestions which don't involve either your GP or trying to find a decent therapist but please remember that we're all here whenever you need us. You've got a lot going on and pain is hideous for bringing you down so if you feel the need to rant at someone then I'm happy for you to PM me or I'll give you my number if you just need to shout at someone - I promise I won't take it personally and you can vent as much as you need to. Have you told Mr CP how bad things are?
    As seductive a thought as it is, there are people who would miss you terribly and I know it's not fair to use loved ones almost as a guilt trip but whenever I feel really low I try to remind myself that it's a very permanent solution to what is hopefully going to be a temporary problem.
    I hope things start to ease up for you and if there's anything we can do then shout.
    End penguin
    • elsien
    • By elsien 25th Oct 16, 9:40 AM
    • 15,162 Posts
    • 38,000 Thanks
    elsien
    Penguin reply..

I'm sorry if this isn't helpful, I've not been where you are so I'm not wanting to say the wrong thing and make things worse.

First off, I only know you on here. But you are not an annoying person that people have to put up with, you are a kind and thoughtful person who has given others a lot of support when they've needed it. That's your self esteem talking, and it's wrong.

If you need someone just to offload to, have you considered giving the Samaritan's a call. I've used them before now, not for any practical help but just to get it all out of my system. And they don't know who you are so you can be open about anything and everything without it having to rebound on you.
    Or groups like Beat which may be able to offer some temporary helpline support? What strategies have you used before to help with the eating that have worked for you?

On a more practical level, I know you said that arranging a GP appointment is beyond you at the moment. So is there someone who could take charge, sort it for you and get you down there - Mr CP, friend, relative?
    You've had a lot of things going on in a comparatively short space of time and they've collided to give a knock on effect. Don't beat yourself up about it, it's not your fault, but if you can get the pain under control for example, as a starting point, then everything else should feel less overwhelming.
    Just try to be kind to yourself - you know what you'd say if you were replying to someone else, this is no different.

End penguin.
    I'm sorry, I have to go out now, I'm not reading and running but will check back later when I can.

• whitewing
    • By whitewing 25th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    • 11,523 Posts
    • 48,259 Thanks
    whitewing
    Pain and weariness is all plenty enough to make me feel how you feel, code. Sometimes you just have to get through a half hour by a half hour. Don't attempt to make work-related decisions.

Is there a walk in GP centre near you? I go to the one near work if I can't be doing with trying to juggle an appointment with work. To be honest, just knowing that I have the option to do that helps.

Anyway, your doggie would miss you, as would I.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

962Posts Today

6,843Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Friday Twitter poll: Fruit wars. If, for some bizarre reason, u had to give up 3 of these for life (in every form), what'd you keep?

• I was surprised to see the three people in front of me in the newsagents were all shocked their old £1 coins were no longer taken.

• RT @natdebtline: If you?ve been visited by a bailiff since April 2014 we want to hear your story for our #bailiffreform campaign https://t.?

• Follow Martin