Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Waves and Smiles
    • By Waves and Smiles 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    • 5,104Posts
    • 21,565Thanks
    Waves and Smiles
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3
    • 17th Mar 16, 5:23 PM
    Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3 17th Mar 16 at 5:23 PM
    This thread is a continuation of The Mental Health thread “Here we can all be heard for a little while Part 2”. The previous thread can be found here-

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5320917&page=501

I started the original thread when I was lonely and suffering with mental health issues and was lucky to find a wonderful group of amazing new friends who now mean the world to me. My name was Worried and Scared back then but with the help of everyone here I became Waves and Smiles. This thread is no longer just about me, it is about all of us and for anyone who needs mental health support, their carers and anyone who is interested in learning more. Sometimes we speak seriously, sometimes we offer gentle advice and a lot of the time we laugh together. Sometimes I write mini-novels about my experiences of living with complex mental illness. What is important is everyone here is there for each other. New posters are welcome to join in, or just lurk (we call them humming birds because they hover!) if they would prefer. This is a place without judgement or pressure, and a safe place for everyone. We try to keep abbreviations to a minimum but if there are some that you do not understand please ask.

Sir Pugliet is our Good Mental Health pug! You may notice that he is mentioned from time to time, he is a little cuddly pug toy that was sent to me by a friend on the thread. He is something of a celebrity now!

Hugs and warm handshakes, or finger squishes, whichever you prefer.

Also, please take a look at the following links which offer great advice written by the lovely people at MSE!

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/family/2016/03/martin-lewis-launches-new-money--mental-health-policy-institute

http://blog.moneysavingexpert.com/2016/05/16/the-money-and-mental-health-policy-institute-whatll-it-really-do

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/mental-health-guide
    Last edited by Waves and Smiles; 17-05-2016 at 10:29 AM.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Page 293
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 21st Oct 16, 6:34 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Hello everyone,

Just thought I'd say hello since I've not posted on here for a while. Had an up and down few weeks so not felt much like chatting.

Hope everyone's doing well.
    Originally posted by Lambyr
    Lambyr!

Great to see you again!

Sorry you've not been good, though.

(((((((((Lambyr)))))))))))

How are you with Steampunk?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 21st Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 11,510 Posts
    • 48,210 Thanks
    whitewing
    I was just thinking how good and thorough your consultants are being. I find all the tests etc very reassuring, faerie.

Of course you are scared. But our thoughts and warm wishes are always with you, even when you are alone.
    When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 21st Oct 16, 8:54 PM
    • 1,624 Posts
    • 3,020 Thanks
    faerielight
    thanks so much WW.. I agree.. I think they are finally being thorough, that hospital, with me, Hopefully they will get to the bottom as to why I'm so dreadfully ill.
    Has Anyone heard from Tory since she got back off her hols? I've not seen her on here, been a bit worried, hope she is ok
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • Torry Quine
    • By Torry Quine 21st Oct 16, 9:54 PM
    • 16,949 Posts
    • 25,853 Thanks
    Torry Quine
    I'm still here although not doing great. Have changed my GP and seems so far to be better. She has changed some of my medication so hopefully it will help.

Got the you are invited to apply for PIP letter, eek!

Have been thinking of you all.
    Life is like riding a bicycle, to keep your balance you must keep moving . Albert Einstein.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Oct 16, 6:48 AM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I'm still here although not doing great. Have changed my GP and seems so far to be better. She has changed some of my medication so hopefully it will help.

Got the you are invited to apply for PIP letter, eek!

Have been thinking of you all.
    Originally posted by Torry Quine
    Hi Torry!
    Hope the new medication helps.

Good luck with the PIP thing.

I've had to give up on the steampunk corset, for now, anyway. It looks like my outfit for the ruby wedding will be rather more boring! With the red wig and new dark maroon lipstick being the wackiest things I'll be wearing!
    Just wondering whether to risk buying the red fishtail skirt with black laces at the rear. They have it in a larger sizes, but it's still hard to know what size to go for, given that it's so close-fitting.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 22-10-2016 at 1:23 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 22nd Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 11,510 Posts
    • 48,210 Thanks
    whitewing
    When is your 'do', pyxis?

Guess you saw this site (as I assume this is where you saw your corset in the first place)

http://www.corsetdeal.co.uk/products/vladmir-steampunk-corset?nosto=collectionpage-nosto-22&variant=13841715399
    When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Oct 16, 1:25 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    When is your 'do', pyxis?

Guess you saw this site (as I assume this is where you saw your corset in the first place)

http://www.corsetdeal.co.uk/products/vladmir-steampunk-corset?nosto=collectionpage-nosto-22&variant=13841715399
    Originally posted by whitewing
    Thanks for that, WW! It's more expensive than the other sites, but they do the larger sizes and have a fast delivery even on the standard tariff, so I've ordered one and just hope it's the right size!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 22nd Oct 16, 2:10 PM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    Afternoon my lovelies,

Hugs and squishes and handshakes to all. But extras for WaS, Messed up and Fly who are MIA at the moment.

Anyway got back safely from my few nights a way.

had some sad news over a week ago. A old boss of mine her husband died. He was only 60 but he has been ill for a long time. But still a shock. So have a funeral this coming week.

My husband will be coming as both my ex boss and her husband came to my wedding. I told her this morning how highly I thought of her and what a nice guy her husband was and they were good time team.

My husband will need to cancel a pre-op appointment as there is no way we can do both and I will have to borrow a car from my dad if can't get anything else sorted.

On to some better news for me. I now have a bf. yes I have kept it close to my chest. its only been about a month but we decided that we are happy with things so officially agreed to be gf/bf. he is 6 years younger than me. yes I know cradle snatcher I know LOL!!!

As he is in the TA I will call him action man on here he is so sweet as I am still car less and he lives about 30 miles away. but works 7 miles away. So I catch a bus to the near to where he works and he picks me up and takes me to his place. I did apologise about all the traveling but he said I was worth it.

He is the friend that I did the locked room with and been staying with each time I have been away. The last few weeks.

Pyxis, I love that corset it is lush. I am sure you will look fab in it.

Everyone else take care and catch up with you all soon.

Yours

Calley X
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    I'm really pleased for you, Calley! Not before time!
    I really hope it all works out.
    Did you meet him via an online site?

Poo to the 6-year difference! Nearly all my relationships were with men from 2-6 years younger than me. I've always been immature for my age, see!
    I wouldn't be averse to a ten-year gap these days!

Any aging steampunk fellahs out there?
    Wouldn't say no to a man-bun either.

Speaking of which, when is The Last Kingdom back on the Teev? I need a Saxon/Viking fix.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 22nd Oct 16, 6:57 PM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    I'm really pleased for you, Calley! Not before time!
    I really hope it all works out.
    Did you meet him via an online site?
    Originally posted by Pyxis
    thank you pyxis. So do I. it seems to have worked from the start. He wants to go out and do stuff. And said the other night he could get serious about me. So just play it by ear and see what happens, Yes I did on pof.com

Poo to the 6-year difference! Nearly all my relationships were with men from 2-6 years younger than me. I've always been immature for my age, see!
    Normally its me thats the younger. husband was 10 years older.

He thinks I am fab and sexy and wonderful. only thing I have to contend with is a mad collie dog. which is why I go to him.

Phoebe the rabbit is not keen so keep them apart. So now I go out dog walking. And found a great way to wear him out. tied empty 2l bottle to a tree and that kept him happy for ages. The dog not action man

Right need to get ready as they are both descending on the house at 9pm.

Yours

Calley X

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Oct 16, 7:02 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    thank you pyxis. So do I. it seems to have worked from the start. He wants to go out and do stuff. And said the other night he could get serious about me. So just play it by ear and see what happens, Yes I did on pof.com

Normally its me thats the younger. husband was 10 years older.

He thinks I am fab and sexy and wonderful. only thing I have to contend with is a mad collie dog. which is why I go to him.

Phoebe the rabbit is not keen so keep them apart. So now I go out dog walking. And found a great way to wear him out. tied empty 2l bottle to a tree and that kept him happy for ages. The dog not action man

Right need to get ready as they are both descending on the house at 9pm.

Yours

Calley X
    Originally posted by calleyw
    He's got a collie dog?

You can't go wrong with a guy who's got a collie dog!
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 22nd Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    He's got a collie dog?

You can't go wrong with a guy who's got a collie dog!
    Yes with one blue and one brown eye. I call him spooky dog lol!!!

Yours

Calley x

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Oct 16, 7:13 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Yes with one blue and one brown eye. I call him spooky dog lol!!!

Yours

Calley x
    Originally posted by calleyw
    Is he deaf on the blue side? IIRC, that might be the case.

Edit....just googled.....no, it's a misconception, although 20-30% of odd-eyed cats might be.
    It's white cats with blue eyes that have a much higher tendency to deafness. Not sure if it applies to white dogs too.
    Last edited by Pyxis; 22-10-2016 at 7:16 PM.
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 22nd Oct 16, 8:16 PM
    • 3,339 Posts
    • 7,374 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Calley, yay! So pleased for you
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • onomatopoeia99
    • By onomatopoeia99 22nd Oct 16, 8:27 PM
    • 3,339 Posts
    • 7,374 Thanks
    onomatopoeia99
    Nor would I . My very short list of girlfriends have been between -4 to +7 years from me, but I wouldn't say no to -10. Of course, I don't actually know any, let alone any that would want to date me
    INTP, nerd, libertarian and scifi geek.
    Home is where my books are.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 22nd Oct 16, 8:38 PM
    • 8,632 Posts
    • 15,509 Thanks
    calleyw
    Calley, yay! So pleased for you
    Originally posted by onomatopoeia99
    Ono, thank you very much.

He is now racing down the motor way to get to me. And said he hopes he does not get a speeding ticket.

I replied saying I am not worth a speeding ticket.

His reply was: Yes you are!

What can you say to that.

Ono, I am sure there is somebody out there for you. I spent the last 4 and half years being hurt and messed about. But have found someone that I hope will last the distance.

Yours

Calley x

• Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 22nd Oct 16, 10:08 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    This made me laugh!

(I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • whitewing
    • By whitewing 23rd Oct 16, 11:51 AM
    • 11,510 Posts
    • 48,210 Thanks
    whitewing
    I felt sufficiently guilty from your picture to do some housework before I posted!

Loads of stuff has gone off to recycling or charity this morning. It feels great!

Car has gone to my brothers to be checked through. Has the added advantage that it stops me going for a wander around the shops.

Got littlewing's xmas present. Always try and get it at the end of October when the toys are half price. It's close enough that she doesn't change her mind over what she wants.

I have lots of lists at the moment. Good lists. Lists that allow me to be prepared for the rest of the year but allow flexibility for illness, exhaustion and bah hum!!!!!!y. They also allow me to keep tabs on costs.

How are you all? calley, love that you have Action Man, but I love the collie more!
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 23rd Oct 16, 1:10 PM
    • 28,968 Posts
    • 106,026 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Cough wheeze wheeze cough
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • tea lover
    • By tea lover 23rd Oct 16, 4:19 PM
    • 7,996 Posts
    • 35,697 Thanks
    tea lover
    Brrrr.....cold day!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,797Posts Today

7,314Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin