Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 16th Mar 16, 6:31 PM
    • 6,066Posts
    • 19,364Thanks
    I'm Still Alive!
    • 16th Mar 16, 6:31 PM
    I'm Still Alive! 16th Mar 16 at 6:31 PM
    Ok, so here it is, my daily thread.

I have terminal cervical cancer which has left me very weak amongst other things, so I'm pretty much housebound and sofabound.

I only get to go out when my husband is home and as he works all week, and my sons are also at work and college, I'm on my own for a lot of the time.

Luckily, I don't mind my own company, I've always been a bit of an introvert, but I do like some social interaction, so I'm so glad the internet was invented!

I'm surrounded by cats though. We have 6, but they're not very good company, only Pixel talks to me. He also feels it necessary to accompany me every time I go to the loo, even if he's been in a different room, as soon as he hears me get up, there he is at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me!

Sometimes he's not quick enough and when I come out of the loo, he's sitting right by the door, bless him! Love him to bits!

Anyway, I'll try to post on here at least once a day.
Page 44
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 15th Oct 16, 7:02 AM
    • 20,231 Posts
    • 70,987 Thanks
    So, yesterday was a horrible day. We had to have one of our cats, Nibbler, put to sleep.

He'd been off his food for a couple of days, so took him to the vets on Wednesday. He was dehydrated and the vet said one of his kidneys was large, so they kept him overnight to run tests and scanned him yesterday.

The scan showed he had a large tumour on his kidney and there was nothing they could do. He was in pain, despite having morphine.

We went and said our goodbyes, and hubby stayed with him until the end. He went to sleep having his cheeks rubbed.

He was 10 years old and had had a good life. He was such a character too. I'll tell you some of his antics another time, too raw right now.

Going to miss him making us laugh. RIP Nibs. x
    Originally posted by Gigervamp

(I just lurve spiders! )

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..

X ~O
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 15th Oct 16, 9:07 AM
    • 9,232 Posts
    • 20,287 Thanks
    Awww Jools, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Having to put a much loved pet to sleep is so hard. You know you have done the right and kindest thing, yet it feels so terrible

I had to have a hen put to sleep two weeks ago. Some would say it's just a hen, but I cried in the vets all the same. She was egg bound. I done my best for her,giving her hot water baths and massage and oil enemas, but she just couldn't pass it. I couldn't see an animal suffer so I let her go
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 16th Oct 16, 5:52 PM
    • 2,156 Posts
    • 4,626 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Hello everybodies.

We all know what TGIF is, right?
    Well I've had such a busy weekend I'm on Thank God It's Monday!

My better half has been well & truly spoiled; many of the family & friends have visited; there has been great feasting and - in a nutshell - a great time has been had by all.
    Well, perhaps one minor exception being the thorough drenching upon a visit to see (ptooie) the "C" word decorations at the garden centre this morning.
    Still, we're all well dried out now .................. and the new plants from said garden centre have no doubt benefited from the watering.

My best wishes to you all.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    The internet can be a dangerous place. Be alert.
    There is an international shortage of lerts.
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 16th Oct 16, 10:00 PM
    • 9,232 Posts
    • 20,287 Thanks
    Hi Jools , how's it going?

Weather here is carp, torrential rain and gale force winds, I'm thinking of trading the hens in for ducks it's that bad

Still we have been having some fun. Got a new ancient car just for me a beetle in bright orange, I call it Jaffa

Tried to convince DH I needed fluffy dice and a furry steering wheel cover, he wouldn't bight BUT I've a bunch of flowers in the dash vase from our wedding bouquet. I'm looking for a great big sunflower but in the meantime they will do

Oh and I've a bagpuss on the boot shelf lol

There's a wee programme on tonight on BbcNi which should be on Iplayer - shaping the coast. It's where I live. It's so beautiful it's bound to bring a wee smile to your face

Take care xx
    if you lend someone 20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • ineed
    • By ineed 17th Oct 16, 11:49 PM
    • 4,138 Posts
    • 12,120 Thanks
    I'm so sorry to hear about Nibbler Jools , big hugs to you. X
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 22nd Oct 16, 4:22 PM
    • 2,156 Posts
    • 4,626 Thanks
    The Last Username
    It's weekend!

I trust that everyone is making the most of the shopping time that is left until Ch ... Xm .... that festive time at the end of the year?

It's been a (mostly) sunny day here on the Lincs coast, albeit with a definite "nip" in the air.
    So I have made the most of the opportunity to prepare for colder times ahead, with cloches placed over delicate 'ickle plants and general "tidying-up" being done.

Suki, I'm loving the thought of Jaffa.
    Were you just lucky?
    Because I thought these were "collectors item"-type cars now, like the original Mini that my OH is hankering after.
    Meaning that prices are (frankly) a bit silly.

Anyway, I hope you all are well and enjoying the change of the seasons?
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    The internet can be a dangerous place. Be alert.
    There is an international shortage of lerts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,162Posts Today

7,281Users online

Martin's Twitter