Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 16th Mar 16, 6:31 PM
    • 6,064Posts
    • 19,314Thanks
    Gigervamp
    I'm Still Alive!
    • 16th Mar 16, 6:31 PM
    I'm Still Alive! 16th Mar 16 at 6:31 PM
    Ok, so here it is, my daily thread.

I have terminal cervical cancer which has left me very weak amongst other things, so I'm pretty much housebound and sofabound.

I only get to go out when my husband is home and as he works all week, and my sons are also at work and college, I'm on my own for a lot of the time.

Luckily, I don't mind my own company, I've always been a bit of an introvert, but I do like some social interaction, so I'm so glad the internet was invented!

I'm surrounded by cats though. We have 6, but they're not very good company, only Pixel talks to me. He also feels it necessary to accompany me every time I go to the loo, even if he's been in a different room, as soon as he hears me get up, there he is at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me!

Sometimes he's not quick enough and when I come out of the loo, he's sitting right by the door, bless him! Love him to bits!

Anyway, I'll try to post on here at least once a day.
Page 43
    • Tipsntreats
    • By Tipsntreats 14th Sep 16, 5:26 PM
    • 719 Posts
    • 1,417 Thanks
    Tipsntreats
    Hi all, I see we have talk about the weather. I see Neptune has 40 years of summer.

I hope you are all coping as best you can. Thinking of you.
    Tips x
    Money, money, money
    Must be funny
    • ampersand
    • By ampersand 14th Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    • 7,935 Posts
    • 28,988 Thanks
    ampersand
    Beautiful huge apricot sun put itself to bed as i returned to Park;n;Ride tonight.

I love the heat.

Big events have overtaken this week, so may be here only sporadically, for a bit.

Still thinking of you Gv, compare and contrast being the order of the day.
    Blessings - truly meant, truly sent.
    Last edited by ampersand; 15-09-2016 at 1:01 PM.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:01274 760720, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 17th Sep 16, 1:38 PM
    • 2,056 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Hello everyone, here we are at another weekend.
    I hope you're all reasonably well & also wondering how you are doing, Jools?

Well, the nights are slowly drawing in and the weather is cooling from the recent heat; in fact there's been a definite chill to the past few days here on the coast.
    I may soon have to wear jeans instead of shorts!

Now don't all cheer at once, but ................ MIL's kitchen decorating is now complete!
    It has been confirmed by "the neighbourhood watch" that it is looking very good, too. It's just a shame that MIL's eyesight prevents her from seeing it clearly; still, I feel happier that it is at least of a standard which I myself would expect.

And moving on ...... another "MIL for dinner" day tomorrow.
    Gammon & trimmings with HM plum crumble for dessert.
    Wishing you all well.
    R
    x
    Last edited by The Last Username; 20-09-2016 at 5:47 PM. Reason: Aargh! Spelling - humble apologies to Jools.
    "I'm not afraid of dying. I just don't want to be there when it happens."
    Spike Milligan
    The internet can be a dangerous place. Be alert.
    There is an international shortage of lerts.
    • ineed
    • By ineed 19th Sep 16, 12:31 PM
    • 4,137 Posts
    • 12,116 Thanks
    ineed
    Afternoon everyone

Nice and cool here the last few days which I'm finding very pleasant. Hope everyone's ok, I often think of you Jools and everyone here, wondering how you're all doing .
    I SUPPORT CAT RESCUE! Visit Cat Chat to support cat rescue too.

One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those who are kind. ~Malayan Proverb
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much ~ Oscar Wilde
    No excellent soul is exempt from a mixture of madness ~ Aristotle
    • edwink
    • By edwink 21st Sep 16, 11:54 AM
    • 1,434 Posts
    • 11,022 Thanks
    edwink
    Hi everyone

Hope all is good with you all.

Been rather busy here lately making jam and chutney. Also harvesting some of the veg that is now ready and prepping it for freezing etc. for the winter. So far made 12 jars of red currant jam and it tastes really nice and not too sweet. Making Victoria plum jam tomorrow, my favourite.

Hubbies sister is finally coming home from hospital rehab today. Hoorah for her and for us too as no more long daunting journeys in the heat.

Just thought I'd touch base on here cos haven't posted for a bit. Right off to get ready to go to hospital for the last time.

Take care all.

Edwink x
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 21st Sep 16, 12:04 PM
    • 6,064 Posts
    • 19,314 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    Good to hear your SIL is coming home and on the mend.

I really miss foraging and jam making at this time of the year.

My news is that I have yet another UTI, so I'm back on the antibiotics again.
    Holiday starts on Saturday, but I'm very nervous of going away so far from my support network here. Hoping the weather is kind to us so we can at least sit out on the terrace if I don't feel up to doing anything else.
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 21st Sep 16, 6:45 PM
    • 2,056 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Aw so sad to hear about yet another UTI - it's not surprising that your forthcoming holiday is making you nervous in such circumstances.

On a brighter note, I hear on our local radio that next week we are supposedly due a mini-heatwave!
    I'm more inclined to believe them than the TV weather (supposed) forecasters so I hope you DO get away AND have a truly great week J.

Jealous re: jam/chutney edwink - though great news re: SIL.

Wishing you all well,
    R
    x
    Spike Milligan
    • Pyxis
    • By Pyxis 21st Sep 16, 6:59 PM
    • 19,715 Posts
    • 69,121 Thanks
    Pyxis
    Ooooh! I'd forgotten about your other holiday! Wheeeeeee!

Another visit to the nice fish 'n' chips shop, perchance?
    (I just lurve spiders! )
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, P.P..
    ¥ ¥ ¥
    X ~O
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 22nd Sep 16, 11:36 AM
    • 9,011 Posts
    • 19,465 Thanks
    suki1964
    Yayyyy Jools, another holiday

Hope the weather is kind for you, it's turned cold here, a couple of frosts already.

Still means I can go sloe hunting. Last year I left it too late and missed out. I'm determined to make sloe gin this year. I'm also plucking up the courage to ask my neighbour if I can pick his rose hips. Never seen as large ones as his roses produce. Guess the manure from his horses works wonders

Last username, if you want more painting to do, my hall stairs and landing needs done ? Might keep you out of mischief a while, only around 100 spindles to paint and the landing is only 23x17 lol

It needs doing. Only last time it took me three solid days just on spindles

Nothing exciting happening here, just plodding along. Have the grandkids from tomorrow till Sunday then friends staying Monday to Wednesday. Looking forward to seeing them as its at least a year ( time flies)

Take care all xxx
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • Gigervamp
    • By Gigervamp 23rd Sep 16, 11:09 AM
    • 6,064 Posts
    • 19,314 Thanks
    Gigervamp
    Fish and chips will definitely be on the to do list!

Got doctor coming round later, so shall ask him for more antibiotics to take away with me, just in case.

Got most of the stuff packed, including all meds, it's like taking a pharmacy with me!
    • The Last Username
    • By The Last Username 24th Sep 16, 8:00 PM
    • 2,056 Posts
    • 4,397 Thanks
    The Last Username
    Well Jools, I'm hoping the weather is as nice where you are as it has been here? Because it's been an absolutely GORGEOUS day.

So sitting out on the terrace would be quite possible.
    Regardless, really wishing you a great relaxing and reinvigorating time.
    Enjoy.

Suki - 100 spindles yet a 23" x 17" landing?
    Oh yes, I'd rather do that than MIL's bathroom (which is next).
    (Teasing - though I would love a visit.)

Colder at nights here too BTW though no frosts yet.
    I wonder if you make sloe gin (is it sloe gin?) - though I'm not a lover of regular gin even.

So, weekend again - and I have been busy spring cleaning.
    Yes yes yes, I know but ............. well, I was busy decorating, wasn't I?
    So NOW is my spring!
    Okay?

Have a great weekend everyone.
    R
    x
    Spike Milligan
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,110Posts Today

5,986Users online

Martin's Twitter