Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • TDS1999
    • By TDS1999 8th Mar 16, 8:58 PM
    • 11Posts
    • 6Thanks
    TDS1999
    Civil Enforcement Ltd - County Court Claim Form
    • 8th Mar 16, 8:58 PM
    Civil Enforcement Ltd - County Court Claim Form 8th Mar 16 at 8:58 PM
    Hi,

My wife overstayed a parking ticket in Milton Keynes back in Jan 2015. We ignored the various threatening letters from Civil Enforcement Ltd, today we have received a County Court Claim form (N11SDT) for ££227.67 of outstanding debt and damages.

We have no intention of paying this charge, and would appreciate any advice on how to proceed and or respond?

Many thanks

Tony
Page 2
    • TDS1999
    • By TDS1999 25th Mar 16, 10:06 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TDS1999
    @Coupan-mad.

Typo corrected.

Yes I received the Schedule, that arrived 16 days after the Court Claim (which stated would receive in 14 days).

Will get it in the post tomorrow.

Thanks for your help, will post back updates as and when received.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 25th Mar 16, 10:08 PM
    • 51,538 Posts
    • 65,145 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    You should do this online really. One person on pepipoo last week, posted a defence pointlessly in the post snail-mail and sent it to the wrong place (the claimant's solicitor) and almost missed his chance to defend.

The case is lodged under MCOL so you just need to register & do this online (you may already have registered when you acknowledged).
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• TDS1999
    • By TDS1999 4th Apr 16, 8:30 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    TDS1999
    Defence sent, confirmed by court its been received, the court admin stated it would now be sent to CEL to see their next steps, will post again once I hear back if they want to proceed.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Apr 16, 9:34 PM
    • 51,538 Posts
    • 65,145 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    This thread documents a defence submitted over 5 weeks ago and the OP has not come back to say CEL are proceeding further, but you never know and it is a bit soon to be sure:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5375768&page=3

Last year CEL used to push cases as far as a hearing date to try to hassle people, then generally they did not show up. You must show up if there is a hearing date in due course, and not believe CEL if they say you don't have to attend. They did that last year I think, phoned people a week before the court date to mislead them and pretend the case was not being heard.

I still believe these CEL ones are very winnable, particularly those where it is the registered keeper defending - because they cannot be held liable by a non-POFA version of a NTK and if well argued using para 9 of the POFA Schedule 4, a Judge should be able to see that as a fact, even if all else is lost. But I am not even sure CEL will turn up - I expect they are after default wins.
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!

• Pemalas
    • By Pemalas 11th Jun 17, 12:53 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pemalas
    Hi. Amazing posts and great information. I think I know what I need to do in regards to my county court CEL parking claim.
    I do have a few other detail which I was wondering about.
    1) I attended the cinema where car park is situated twice in one day. I have proof of this from bank account statements
    2) the car in question has just been sold for scrap.

In your opinion shall I proceed in the manner stated above?

Thank you for your help.

😀👍
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 11th Jun 17, 3:05 PM
    • 15,548 Posts
    • 24,262 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    1). Are you saying the PCN was as a result if a 'double dip' - entry 1 captured, exit 1 missed, entry 2 missed, exit 2 captured showing 1 long stay instead of 2 shorter ones?

2). Of no relevance and of no assistance to you.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 11th Jun 17, 3:12 PM
    • 51,538 Posts
    • 65,145 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I think I know what I need to do in regards to my county court CEL parking claim.
    I do have a few other detail which I was wondering about.
    1) I attended the cinema where car park is situated twice in one day. I have proof of this from bank account statements
    You should seriously consider a counter-claim at the same time, for (say) £500 plus costs, like this one:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5655023

CEL discontinue all cases they start, where they see a forum defence. But if you wallop in a counter-claim at the end of the defence wording (and the NEWBIES thread post #2 mentions counter-claims) and pay the £25 fee, that stays 'live'.

Look what happened in the linked case, only last month!

A double visit case is ripe for a counter-claim, as you can argue they have misused your data, having had no reasonable cause to even obtain it from the DVLA, obviously neglecting the checks required in ANPR cases. We'd help you write a counter-claim:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5585388

Please start your own new thread about it, as this is about TDS1999's own case.

• Pemalas
    • By Pemalas 12th Jun 17, 12:48 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pemalas
    Hi. Yeah it was a double dip.
    • Pemalas
    • By Pemalas 12th Jun 17, 12:51 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    Pemalas
    Thanks
    Hi.

Yeah I visited the car park on two separate occasions. One in the afternoon then later in the evening.

Thanks for this info. Ill start this in my own thread as per your advice.

Cheers again 👍👍👍
    • PurpilSweetPotato
    • By PurpilSweetPotato 18th Oct 17, 6:07 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PurpilSweetPotato
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help here as I'm very stressed about the same topic. CEL sent me letters over 3 years ago (which looked very dodgy) saying I didn't pay and thus fining me. My friend got the same letter and we were 110% certain we paid, put our number plate in the machine and left before time was up. I rang the number on the letter which didn't work so concluded it was a scam. Of course I have no proof I paid cause I binned the ticket.

They sent another letter about 2 years ago and I stupidly ignored it because they have to produce proof I violated their rules which I know I didn't. I though I had nothing to worry about.

Until I got a letter from the county courts claiming for £352 yesterday.

I have been told because I didn't reply to the initial letters I have no case and should pay. To make matters more difficult I have moved abroad and I work in a sector that conducts international background checks including credit so I cannot have a ccj lodged against me.

Can I
    1) have my father represent me in court?
    2) have a case to defend because I ignored the letters?
    3) will the amount increase if it goes to court and I loose my case.

I have sent an email asking for proof that I was the one responsible and of the proof if I was present, of the violation.

Please help me. I am desperate. Thanks
    • PurpilSweetPotato
    • By PurpilSweetPotato 18th Oct 17, 6:12 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    PurpilSweetPotato
    civil enforcment limited sends me county court letters
    Hi everyone,

I'm hoping to get some help here as I'm very stressed about the same topic. CEL sent me letters over 3 years ago (which looked very dodgy) saying I didn't pay and thus fining me. My friend got the same letter and we were 110% certain we paid, put our number plate in the machine and left before time was up. I rang the number on the letter which didn't work so concluded it was a scam. Of course I have no proof I paid cause I binned the ticket.

They sent another letter about 2 years ago and I stupidly ignored it because they have to produce proof I violated their rules which I know I didn't. I thought I had nothing to worry about cause I know I bought a ticket.

Until I got a letter from the county courts claiming for £352 yesterday.

I've done some research online and found alot of people has fallen victims to the same carpark with these !!!!!!!s.

I cannot remember if the first letter was sent with 2 weeks cause it was such a long time ago.

I have been told my friends that because I didn't reply to the initial letters I have no case and should pay. To make matters more difficult I have moved abroad and I work in a sector that conducts international background checks including credit so I cannot have a ccj lodged against me.

Can I

I have sent an email asking for proof that I was the one responsible and of the proof if I was present, of the violation.

Please help me. I am desperate. Thanks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 18th Oct 17, 9:43 AM
    • 15,548 Posts
    • 24,262 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    This is not your thread, so please start a new one of your own - forum etiquette/rule, one case per thread otherwise advice becomes confusing.

Please read the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 which takes you through the entire court process - this should be your ‘go-to’ advice resource as you progress through this.

Also do a forum search on ‘CEL Defence’ and you will not only see a rash of them since the early summer, but you will also learn how dealing with their claims correctly, robustly and timely will see them discontinue before it reaches court. But you must not ignore them, otherwise it will go to court and a default judgment against you achieved.

To answer your questions (which should never arise if you follow due process)

Can I

It would be possible for him to be with you and speak for you, as a Lay Representative, but you must attend.

Yes, (although ignoring anything further now will be costly for you)

CEL will be trying to get the amount shown on the N1 claim form. In your defence you will be proving to a judge why they should not be awarded it in full. Usual outcome would see a cost award of about £175 which includes the original £100 parking charge notice.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • younasm
    • By younasm 3rd Nov 17, 9:07 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    younasm
    It would have been nice to get an update from TDS1999?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Nov 17, 9:17 PM
    • 51,538 Posts
    • 65,145 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Odd post to make, after 5 years of no activity from you (first post about mattresses in 2012, then nothing), then suddenly reading a 14 day old posting and asking about an OP who hasn't been here since Spring 2016. Odd, that's all.

The OP's profile shows:

Last Activity: 04-04-2016 8:30 PM
    ...over 18 months ago!

CEL will have long since discontinued.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 03-11-2017 at 9:21 PM.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,141Posts Today

8,435Users online

Martin's Twitter