Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Dan83
    • By Dan83 2nd Mar 16, 8:28 PM
    • 631Posts
    • 249Thanks
    M&S bank
    • 2nd Mar 16, 8:28 PM
    M&S bank 2nd Mar 16 at 8:28 PM
    For those who didn't know, M&S have a switch offer of upto £220.

I applied for an account last night, checked my email today and I've been declined an account.

I've opened 10+ accounts with various banks since mid Dec and this is my 1st refusal.

Think maybe it's time to bring my account opening to a halt.
Page 4
    • xylophone
    • By xylophone 18th Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 18,695 Posts
    • 10,538 Thanks
    Can I open a current account in the M&S Store Bank?
    Yes, provided that there is a member of staff available who is "qualified to open accounts" - best to make an appointment.
    • indsty
    • By indsty 18th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    Can I open a current account in the M&S Store Bank?
    Originally posted by marbella
    Yes, I did, but definitely phone or visit first as you will likely have to make an appointment. The process took about 30 minutes when I did it.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

301Posts Today

1,981Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin