Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Fraser
    • By MSE Fraser 22nd Feb 16, 10:23 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 4Thanks
    MSE Fraser
    Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback
    • 22nd Feb 16, 10:23 AM
    Bristol Energy Reviews: Give your feedback 22nd Feb 16 at 10:23 AM
    This is a feedback thread on energy supplier

Bristol Energy

Please share your experience with other MoneySavers. Click reply to take part
    • Did you switch go smoothly?
    • Have you had problems since?
    • Is it easy to contact?
    The feedback comes as part of the

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-09-2017 at 4:57 PM.
Page 5
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 30th Dec 17, 3:27 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    I wonder how Bristol Energy calculate your estimated annual usage?

They have mine as:
    Electricity 3,285 kWh per year
    Gas 4,347 kWh per year

I calculate them as:
    Electricity 1,250 kWh per year
    Gas 5,900 kWh per year

So both estimates are wrong, despite monthly meter readings being provided (sometimes twice monthly). They then make an assumption you will move to a variable rate tariff after your fixed term ends. This has resulted in my monthly payment going up from £31 to £57 per month.

Which means when I leave (which is inevitable these days), I'll end up with a big credit balance that they will have to refund me.
    Originally posted by glider3560
    A lot of suppliers do this when undertaking a DD review, they can't assume you'll go onto another fixed tariff as they can't auto enrol you on a fixed deal when your current one ends. Just call them and tell them you want to maintain your DD at £31 pm.
    • AllieKat
    • By AllieKat 31st Dec 17, 9:45 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    AllieKat
    I've had Bristol Energy for about two months now - absolutely fantastic. Excellent customer service, good price (not the best, but the better prices are from suppliers I didn't feel as good about overall) on a green tariff. Just fabulous, 5 stars, highly recommended!
    • Hengus
    • By Hengus 1st Jan 18, 9:12 AM
    • 4,883 Posts
    • 2,990 Thanks
    Hengus
    I've had Bristol Energy for about two months now - absolutely fantastic. Excellent customer service, good price (not the best, but the better prices are from suppliers I didn't feel as good about overall) on a green tariff. Just fabulous, 5 stars, highly recommended!
    Originally posted by AllieKat
    According to their latest accounts, this Company has some way to go before it can afford to relax.

As of 31 March 2017, Bristol Energy reported that it had 58.129 residential customers and made a trading loss of £8,363,183 - or put it another way, a loss of £143.87 per residential customer. The 'good news' is that things are improving as the previous year made them a loss of £883 per residential customer. I might be a little concerned if I was a Bristol City taxpayer. According to a BBC report (dated 4 May 17), the 'in profit' date has slipped from 2019 to 2021 due to customer numbers being lower than expected.
    • trickytree1963
    • By trickytree1963 1st Jan 18, 10:03 AM
    • 216 Posts
    • 124 Thanks
    trickytree1963
    According to their latest accounts, this Company has some way to go before it can afford to relax.

As of 31 March 2017, Bristol Energy reported that it had 58.129 residential customers and made a trading loss of £8,363,183 - or put it another way, a loss of £143.87 per residential customer. The 'good news' is that things are improving as the previous year made them a loss of £883 per residential customer. I might be a little concerned if I was a Bristol City taxpayer. According to a BBC report (dated 4 May 17), the 'in profit' date has slipped from 2019 to 2021 due to customer numbers being lower than expected.
    Originally posted by Hengus
    They must have grown quickly this year, they were claiming 110k customers last month.
    • martyp
    • By martyp 8th Jan 18, 10:02 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    martyp
    I'm still pleased with Bristol Energy after joining in September, they've now reduced my direct debit in line with my usage and my bill from November to December was just £22 and I thought I was quite excessive with the central heating! I'm getting better experiences with these smaller suppliers than with the big ones.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,895Posts Today

8,894Users online

Martin's Twitter