Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • colinw
    • By colinw 22nd Feb 16, 9:53 AM
    • 46,390Posts
    • 127,024Thanks
    colinw
    The 2016 F1 Thread
    • 22nd Feb 16, 9:53 AM
    The 2016 F1 Thread 22nd Feb 16 at 9:53 AM
    Start of pre-season testing today.....
Page 9
    • colinw
    • By colinw 3rd Sep 16, 2:02 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    Well that all looked quite easy for Hamilton! It might still be an interesting race though tomorrow and at least it is live on free TV for a change.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 4th Sep 16, 5:39 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    Well that was quite a boring race! Rosberg did well though to be fair to him. Sounds like the Moto GP would have been better.
    • Lincoln Imp
    • By Lincoln Imp 4th Sep 16, 8:28 PM
    • 2,322 Posts
    • 4,089 Thanks
    Lincoln Imp
    Well that was quite a boring race! Rosberg did well though to be fair to him. Sounds like the Moto GP would have been better.
    Originally posted by colinw
    It was so much better
    Have a nice day
    • peter_the_piper
    • By peter_the_piper 5th Sep 16, 9:39 AM
    • 24,250 Posts
    • 29,879 Thanks
    peter_the_piper
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37273066

Bernie selling F1 , any guesses whether it will be better or worse.
    Millies due back at Christmas.
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 5th Sep 16, 10:59 AM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 12,934 Thanks
    indesisiv
    Apart from at the front the race was actually quite good.
    There were a lot of close battles in the midfield positions. I do hope that honda sort their engine out for next year as it still looks woefully underpowered on the straights.
    “Time is intended to be spent, not saved” - Alfred Wainwright
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Sep 16, 10:59 AM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    It should be an interesting race this weekend with the Mercedes not as Dominant as it is at other tracks. The Red Bulls should be right there in the mix.
    • uberalles
    • By uberalles 20th Sep 16, 5:09 PM
    • 3,707 Posts
    • 7,543 Thanks
    uberalles
    Well that was pretty straightforward for Rosberg…………in the end.

Who was the team tactician that decided what a brilliant team idea it would be to bring Hamilton in, triggering the chain reaction that caused the late kerfuffle. He was either on a big bung from Hamilton or should stick to playing draughts instead of chess. His cerebral foresight is not that great.

On another note, I rarely watch F1 these days as it has become about as exciting as watching the M25 on a Friday night however there were some good scraps further back in the pack.
    We're the best team in London, the best team of all, everybody knows us, we're called Millwall.
    Stumbling through the dark maze they call love, your beacon shone bright.
    There'll always be an England, And England shall be free.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 8th Oct 16, 12:38 PM
    • 3,148 Posts
    • 13,371 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    Now, I admit to not being completely au fait with what has caused this, but it appears that Lewis Hamilton is behaving like a petulant child at the moment. How can he be critical of media coverage questioning his behaviour at press conference if he was sitting there playing on his phone or whatever & then say all press conferences are the same, needed something different to do. Well Lewis, as an accountant I do the same thing every day because that is what I get paid for at the end of the month, think you need to remember that attending press conferences is part of what you do and get paid for.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 8th Oct 16, 1:58 PM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 12,934 Thanks
    indesisiv
    I messed up this morning. I thought that the qualifying was live on 4. Accidentally went on to BBC sport this morning and it said rosberg was on pole! DOh!
    Must look up what time the race is on tomorrow so I can either watch it live or not look at anywhere where I will see the result until I have watched it.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 8th Oct 16, 2:34 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    Should be an interesting race. The whole momentum could swing around again if Rosberg was to go out of the race. You have to have some admiration for Rosberg I know he was helped with Hamilton having mechanical issues but he could have crumbled when he lost that 43 point lead.
    • unforeseen
    • By unforeseen 8th Oct 16, 3:22 PM
    • 811 Posts
    • 1,077 Thanks
    unforeseen
    I messed up this morning. I thought that the qualifying was live on 4. Accidentally went on to BBC sport this morning and it said rosberg was on pole! DOh!
    Must look up what time the race is on tomorrow so I can either watch it live or not look at anywhere where I will see the result until I have watched it.
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    6AM kickoff
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 8th Oct 16, 3:37 PM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 12,934 Thanks
    indesisiv
    6AM kickoff
    Originally posted by unforeseen
    In that case I shall just avoid any sports websites etc till I watch it.
    • catkins
    • By catkins 8th Oct 16, 6:24 PM
    • 5,193 Posts
    • 10,760 Thanks
    catkins
    Now, I admit to not being completely au fait with what has caused this, but it appears that Lewis Hamilton is behaving like a petulant child at the moment. How can he be critical of media coverage questioning his behaviour at press conference if he was sitting there playing on his phone or whatever & then say all press conferences are the same, needed something different to do. Well Lewis, as an accountant I do the same thing every day because that is what I get paid for at the end of the month, think you need to remember that attending press conferences is part of what you do and get paid for.
    Originally posted by Gettingtherequickly
    I watched the drivers' press conference and was surprised that he was playing with his phone. However he was obviously listening because he knew each time a question was directed at him and answered.

What I think was rude was one of the press asking him about his religious beliefs. What business is it of theirs?
    The world is over 4 billion years old and yet you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie
    • colinw
    • By colinw 9th Oct 16, 1:15 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    I think Hamilton needs to be careful not to become too petty. Part of being a great champion is to be gracious in defeat. He can not be World Champion every year. Rosberg has done well this year though. Yes he has had some luck but he has always been there to take advantage of any misfortune.
    • Gettingtherequickly
    • By Gettingtherequickly 9th Oct 16, 4:18 PM
    • 3,148 Posts
    • 13,371 Thanks
    Gettingtherequickly
    I think Hamilton needs to be careful not to become too petty. Part of being a great champion is to be gracious in defeat. He can not be World Champion every year. Rosberg has done well this year though. Yes he has had some luck but he has always been there to take advantage of any misfortune.
    Agree whole heartedly. Nico just gets on & does the job, takes advantage when offered on a plate which is what any driver would do. You would imagine that Hamilton would be more mature than that.

We were speaking about Max Verstappen the other day at work, very mature to listen to, but with some immaturity on the track, but then again, he is still a teenager, once, and I think it will be sooner rather than later, he is a more mature driver on the track, there is no question but he will be a multiple world champion.
    Did my LBM in reverseFinally debt free with money in the bank!

I know I am getting old, but there is no need for my consultant to age me by another 10 years 😉
    • worldtraveller
    • By worldtraveller 30th Oct 16, 7:23 AM
    • 10,307 Posts
    • 18,536 Thanks
    worldtraveller
    Grid placings give Hamilton an opportunity to take Rosberg out early on in the race in Mexico.
    There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more...
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Oct 16, 4:23 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    Grid placings give Hamilton an opportunity to take Rosberg out early on in the race in Mexico.
    Originally posted by worldtraveller
    I reckon Hamilton will be hoping to zap away and hope the Red Bulls get tangled up Rosberg.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Oct 16, 7:04 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    That was all a bit hairy
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 30th Oct 16, 7:08 PM
    • 3,685 Posts
    • 12,934 Thanks
    indesisiv
    That was all a bit hairy
    It was a good solid thwack on rosbergs car by vestapen
    • colinw
    • By colinw 30th Oct 16, 7:10 PM
    • 46,390 Posts
    • 127,024 Thanks
    colinw
    It was a good solid thwack on rosbergs car by vestapen
    Originally posted by indesisiv
    They certainly got a bit close!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

58Posts Today

4,212Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin