Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • chlo88
    • By chlo88 17th Feb 16, 12:29 PM
    • 35Posts
    • 29Thanks
    chlo88
    Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete
    • 17th Feb 16, 12:29 PM
    Does anyone want to join me waiting for new build to be built and complete 17th Feb 16 at 12:29 PM
    Hi all,

We are first time buyers it's fair to say with limited knowledge on the whole process (thank goodness for this forum). So we reserved a new build flat with Miller homes in December 2015, we are nearly there with exchange (just sent all documents signed back to solicitors). Our flat is supposed to be ready on the 24th of June 2016. Went to check the progress the other day, the have just finished the outer shell of 2nd floor (it's a 3 storey build) so looking good for time scales atm. We have our options meeting on Sunday to choose all the upgrades. We have to pay 25% of the price upfront and the rest payable prior to completion. I thought I'd make this thread because a- I'm impatient and wish it was all just ready now, can't stop thinking about it. B- because throughout this forum I've read lots of ?'s re new build and some not so nice stories of things that can go wrong, so thought a bit of support may be nice. c- and lastly just to share others experiences and the long wait with. So who's up for joining me in the wait
Page 53
    • SquirrelRM
    • By SquirrelRM 4th Apr 17, 7:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    SquirrelRM
    So mortgage offer is in and as expected Taylor Wimpey wouldn't budge on price but did throw in a decent incentive package. Meant to be exchanging contracts at the end of the month but my solicitor hasn't received any paperwork from TW yet so can't see that happening! Good luck all. X
    • allthe7s
    • By allthe7s 18th Apr 17, 9:43 PM
    • 67 Posts
    • 269 Thanks
    allthe7s
    What is everyones expected completion date?

We got a letter last week to say we are at the foundation stage, expected completion between 11th Aug and 3rd Nov.

Took my Aunt and Gran to see the showhome in our style house and they both really liked it. I just can't wait to be in now!
    Next £615 £495 £436.23 Santander1 £297 £279 £261.95 Santander2 £84 £79 £75.11

Savings Goal £163.67/£3000 by Dec 17
    • Dutsey
    • By Dutsey 18th Apr 17, 10:34 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Dutsey
    Had a letter advising completion date will be 28th April
    • tim9966
    • By tim9966 18th Apr 17, 10:40 PM
    • 406 Posts
    • 171 Thanks
    tim9966
    31st May at the moment. I'm still expecting it to be pushed back into June. It was meant to be next week for a while.

What is everyones expected completion date?
    Originally posted by allthe7s
    • FlacosFloozie
    • By FlacosFloozie 23rd Apr 17, 5:05 PM
    • 585 Posts
    • 2,528 Thanks
    FlacosFloozie
    Well, we've moved in to our Bellway home and, so far, we're really impresed. Only very minor snags and all been sorted really quickly.
    Save 12K in 2016 #147 £2032.26/9,000 22% Emergency Fund £501.50
    Mortgage £159,995 Ends May 2038 Overpaid £0 in 2017 Holiday Fund £0

Debt Fr
    ee 31.07.14

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,127Posts Today

7,516Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • As I've said before - energy price cap sounds good, and will likely be popular, but there's a big risk of making th? https://t.co/ubeV9vnmU7

• Just seen @IvoGraham doing stand up in a comedy club. Superb, witty, self depricating, clever stuff. Go see him if you get the chance

• RT @ChrissyNunn: New one from @Tesco today.. "The sale of Goods Act is just legislation, it's like a guideline, it's not law" @MartinSLewis?

• Follow Martin