Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Feb 16, 10:30 PM
    • 2,733Posts
    • 2,084Thanks
    BOBS
    Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017
    • 16th Feb 16, 10:30 PM
    Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017 16th Feb 16 at 10:30 PM
    Rox12 and Neveranymoney - especially for you - wishing you and your children all the best for this not so nice AQE process. Will dip in from time to time to see how its all going - as I am sure others from 2015-16 thread will too.
Page 23
    • fmonkey
    • By fmonkey 20th May 17, 10:02 AM
    • 13 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fmonkey
    Very happy. Son got 112 and is in Ballymena Academy which is what he wanted.
    • neveranymoney
    • By neveranymoney 20th May 17, 11:00 AM
    • 656 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    neveranymoney
    Thrilled! Son got his first choice grammar, I'm more excited than he is!
    • May100
    • By May100 20th May 17, 9:16 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    May100
    Into first choice grammar. Happy it is over
    • fizzyfluff
    • By fizzyfluff 21st May 17, 9:57 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fizzyfluff
    We got 118 and got into first choice Wallace, but I'm aware of a friend of hers who got 110 and didn't get into Friends
    • fizzyfluff
    • By fizzyfluff 21st May 17, 10:00 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fizzyfluff
    And another friend didn't get into Hunterhouse with 92
    • neveranymoney
    • By neveranymoney 21st May 17, 10:44 AM
    • 656 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    neveranymoney
    BRA's cut off was 99. I've yet to hear anymore.
    • jab0905
    • By jab0905 21st May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jab0905
    Got 1st choice of grammar school!! Thrilled because he stays with his best buddies!!! ��
    • May100
    • By May100 22nd May 17, 4:58 PM
    • 117 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    May100
    DS was pleased on Sat he got into Friends. Now he is a bit worried as buddies going to Wallace. I told him that they'd be split over classes and new friendships are formed etc .. Roll on end of term...
    • Carebear82
    • By Carebear82 23rd May 17, 12:03 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Carebear82
    My daughter got into her first choice - so happy I'm at the end of this process!!
    • mount merrion
    • By mount merrion 4th Oct 17, 2:05 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    mount merrion
    Wee bump for this thread as its that time of year again.My youngest Daughter will be undertaking her tests starting in November (fingers crossed). I haven't as yet heard the official intake scores from 2017.
    • neveranymoney
    • By neveranymoney 5th Oct 17, 9:45 AM
    • 656 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    neveranymoney
    The Belfast Telegraph usually publishes last years intake scores slap bang in the middle of parents having a meltdown.
    I can't remember if it's during the actual exams or when the results come out but I know I was eagerly checking them at the time.
    Good luck to your daughter!
    • RikM
    • By RikM 5th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 548 Posts
    • 294 Thanks
    RikM
    The intake scores don't actually mean much, though. They were for last year and aren't a good predictor of this year. Taken over several years, it *may* give an idea of the possible range of scores, but a single year doesn't help.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,420Posts Today

6,908Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin