Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • BOBS
    • By BOBS 16th Feb 16, 10:30 PM
    • 2,658Posts
    • 1,975Thanks
    BOBS
    Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017
    • 16th Feb 16, 10:30 PM
    Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017 16th Feb 16 at 10:30 PM
    Rox12 and Neveranymoney - especially for you - wishing you and your children all the best for this not so nice AQE process. Will dip in from time to time to see how its all going - as I am sure others from 2015-16 thread will too.
Page 22
    • Linda667
    • By Linda667 8th Feb 17, 5:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Linda667
    You are very lucky your p6 has started tests! My p6 son hasn't started any yet. Having been through this before I'm not too concerned yet. Your child's scores are good at this stage and you have loads of time to climb.
    • Loka loka
    • By Loka loka 8th Feb 17, 10:20 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Loka loka
    Can I just ask what your children were getting in practice papers in P6 (rough percentage would be great please!)

Our school has recently started to do a test a week. It's GL that we will be sitting. My P6 is getting between 50-70% on his, is this enough given that he has 8 months to get more experience?
    Originally posted by spendaholiceejit
    It will all depend on the papers the school are giving...our school used old 11 plus papers..we were told that they needed to be scoring in 30s (out of 52) in April / May to be in running to get an A.

Ask the school what previous pupils have been scoring at this stage to get an A or whatever grade you need to aim for for your preferred school. Also ask what they would be predicting the child to score based on the annual test they do (PIE / PIM)
    Last edited by Loka loka; 08-02-2017 at 11:09 PM.
    • spendaholiceejit
    • By spendaholiceejit 9th Feb 17, 9:20 AM
    • 319 Posts
    • 3,355 Thanks
    spendaholiceejit
    Thanks Lisa, looks like he might be able to get to that level then. There have been 44 questions in each test so far. I don't think the school will be able to tell me what the scores were last year since the teacher who took them is off sick.

The only reason that they've started this year so early is that one of the P6 parents is a teacher in another school and she's put some pressure on.

At Christmas we were told his his PIE/PIM was 119 for English and 128 for maths. He's August born too, so I've worked out that he'll be standardised against other August children. It's so confusing, but always great to hear from people who have been through it already.
    • Loka loka
    • By Loka loka 9th Feb 17, 6:41 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 74 Thanks
    Loka loka
    With those scores he should sail through! Good luck!
    • Bambi1980
    • By Bambi1980 14th Feb 17, 10:49 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    Bambi1980
    Raw Scores
    Got my DD's raw scores back

March birthday - AQE score 104
    Paper 1 - 48 (75%)
    Paper 2 - 52 (81 1/4%)
    Paper 3 - 44 (68 3/4%)

Obviously we don't know which papers were her better two due to not knowing the average marks per paper for her month group but it should give future parents a guide of how kids are doing.

Anyone else got raw scores back that they wish to share?
    • amandajim36
    • By amandajim36 17th Feb 17, 6:30 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    amandajim36
    Still waiting on sons
    • Busymum123
    • By Busymum123 21st Feb 17, 11:17 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Busymum123
    Facebook Support Group for Mums / Dads
    You might want to check out a facebook support group which is invaluable to ask questions and get advice on all sorts of AQE / GL questions. Just a group of parents dealing with the everyday challenges and questions around the process but last year the parents thought it was invaluable. If you go to facebook and search for AQEGLSupportGroup the picture is orange and is a group of adults holding hands. About 900 members.
    • Suzuki1
    • By Suzuki1 21st Feb 17, 2:56 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Suzuki1
    My daughter raw scores were

1 - 49
    2 - 56
    3 - 52

AQE score 109 - July Birthday

Clearly the papers were hard!
    • Flashfriend
    • By Flashfriend 23rd Feb 17, 11:31 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 116 Thanks
    Flashfriend
    My daughters raw scores last year were 42, 49 and 53. AQE = 103. September Birthday. Lower than her practice papers unfortunately.
    She got her into 1st choice school and is doing well.
    My son is starting AQE prep now so that's why I'm interested in your raw scores. Thanks for posting!
    • Carebear82
    • By Carebear82 23rd Feb 17, 12:40 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Carebear82
    I posted the form to request raw scores on 6th February and still waiting.....................
    • amandajim36
    • By amandajim36 25th Feb 17, 5:04 PM
    • 264 Posts
    • 92 Thanks
    amandajim36
    Got sons aqe scores
    Test 1 51
    Test 2 56
    Test 3 48

Aqe score 111 with a march birthday
    • Mumof3boysNI
    • By Mumof3boysNI 2nd Mar 17, 1:04 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    Mumof3boysNI
    June birthday
    1-56
    2-59
    3-62
    AQE score 123
    • fizzyfluff
    • By fizzyfluff 13th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    fizzyfluff
    These are my daughters raw scores, April birthday

1:55
    2:57
    3:58

Overall score 118

Was getting late 80's to mid 90's in practice papers so a little lower than she had been getting
    • Carebear82
    • By Carebear82 14th Mar 17, 5:50 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    Carebear82
    My Daughters raw scores - birthday February:

1 - 46 (72%)
    2 - 47 (73%)
    3 - 51 (80%)

2 highest scores added together = 98 (77%)

AQE score 102.

She was get late 70's to mid 80's% in practice papers and from all the results coming in these tests did seem harder so really she got what was expected. Decided not to tell her and just keep this to myself and of course all you lovely people!!!
    • blancanieves0
    • By blancanieves0 16th Mar 17, 5:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blancanieves0
    AQE raw scores - RESEARCH PROJECT
    FAO any parent whose child sat the AQE test in 2009-2016:
    I am an AQE tutor based in Dromore, Co. Down. For my own interest and to help me to respond to parental queries/concerns, I am doing an analysis of the standardisation process used by AQE - ie, the process whereby raw scores are converted into final AQE scores after age adjustment. Raw scores are the marks the candidate achieved in each paper (out of a total of 64 marks per paper).
    It is possible, if desired, to obtain your child's raw scores in the AQE tests. This information is provided to parents who request the scores via an official application. E-mail the AQE office for more details.
    Raw scores are sent out by post and can take a few weeks to process.
    If you do decide to obtain your child's raw scores, I would be very grateful if you would share that information with me confidentially for my own records. It is most useful if I can include as wide a range of scores and birthdays as possible over several years.
    Thank you, L Coulter, WhizzKids AQE Tuition Service
    • dee1000
    • By dee1000 17th Mar 17, 11:55 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    dee1000
    AQE Scores
    Hi

For your information my daughter sat the test in 2011 and I obtained her raw scores after.
    Her marks were 52, 51 and 49 and her standardised mark was 99, her birthday is at end of January.
    Hope this helps

D x
    • blancanieves0
    • By blancanieves0 20th Mar 17, 6:17 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    blancanieves0
    Thank you!
    • Mabr
    • By Mabr 19th May 17, 1:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mabr
    Good Luck to everyone
    Good luck tomorrow when the school intakes are published. I hope your kids all get the school of their choice
    • neveranymoney
    • By neveranymoney 19th May 17, 7:53 PM
    • 648 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    neveranymoney
    This is It, what we've all been waiting for!
    I had a chat with my son this morning and asked did he want to open the letter himself and he said yes. I them asked him what would he like the letter to say and he replied he didn't care as he has friends wanting to go to all his choices and that really took the pressure off.
    I want his first choice as it is our closest school and his sister goes there but it won't be a disaster if he doesn't.
    Good luck to all!
    • jab0905
    • By jab0905 20th May 17, 7:37 AM
    • 11 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jab0905
    Good Luck to everyone for today!!! Finally the end to this horrible process!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,449Posts Today

6,828Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • The strange thing with a 4yr old is having to play & smile while inside feeling sick for those in trauma in my birth town #Manchester

• Just a quick ta-ta for now. I'm taking the week off for family time with mini and Mrs MSE. So I won't be here much. Back after the bank hol

• Ugh another one trying it! Beware https://t.co/Ab9fCRA76F

• Follow Martin