Transfer Test* Support* AQE 2016-2017

Comments

• Jomidd
    Jomidd Posts: 24 Forumite
    Hi all, new to this forum. My son is doing just the aqe test, for the mums whos children are getting very high scores at the moment what test papers are they doing? Is this in school or at home?
  • May100
    May100 Posts: 117 Forumite
    Welcome Jomidd
    Doing some home and some school tests. The tests in school were actual past AQE papers and coming up in low 90s.
    Home papers were Easons and they were harder - struggle to get done in the time and were a bit lower.
  • May100
    Yes, it has been great. No after school AQE clubs or anything from now on. School is able to do papers in normal school day.
    Now our school's doing 2 tests per week in school and then none sent home.
    Just normal maths and english homeworks during week.
  • Jomidd
    Thanks May100,
    The ones my son is doing in school at the minute is Windmill press papers and from 1 paper to the next can be a lot different. His results have varied from about 75-86% we have the Easons and CEA transfer test papers at home which are revision and test papers. Don't want to give him to much to do, the school is sending 2 papers home to do and have set out 2 afternoons to mark them and go through the work.. Oh this is so stressful I'm more stressed than him, he is really chilled lol 😂🙄
  • Hi Jomiid, (I have no idea how to tag) my boy sat his papers in school. Over the summer his marks ranged from 97% down to 83%. I think he was keener to do well, and therefore more focused, when sitting a test with his peers than when he sits a test on his own at home. It could all, and probably will go downhill from here but as long as he's scoring in the 80s consistently we'll be more than happy.
  • Sorry Jomiid I forgot to say in school he sat real AQE past papers. At home we have been working through the transfer test website papers and the cea Easons booklets.
  • May100
    We got some WIndmill papers at the end of P6 and then moved to real AQE paper in school in P7. My son said the real AQE ones were easier or at least took a shorter time to complete. My son is doing well but I am still nervous that he'll panic on the day and mess things up.
  • Jomidd
    Thanks guys, I'm going ask the school if they will be giving him the real AQE papers to do as I know you can buy them. Would like to see how they compare to the Windmill and the CEA ones. I defintley think the Windmill papers are a lot harder, well for me anyway lol. I think if he continues to get in the 80's I'm hoping he will be alright... 9 weeks today guys and they will have done the first test 😂😂
  • May100
    Can't wait until they are over... getting fed up looking at test papers already.
  • RikM
    RikM Posts: 811 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    May100 wrote: »
    Can't wait until they are over... getting fed up looking at test papers already.

Don't forget: 7 more years of that kind of thing to follow. The transfer test is just the start of it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure