Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • drspa44
    • By drspa44 16th Feb 16, 9:24 AM
    • 30Posts
    • 0Thanks
    drspa44
    Anyone bought a FirstPort/OM/Peverel flat inthe last 2 years? / Restriction on title?
    • 16th Feb 16, 9:24 AM
    Anyone bought a FirstPort/OM/Peverel flat inthe last 2 years? / Restriction on title? 16th Feb 16 at 9:24 AM
    Hi all,
    I am waiting 4 months to exchange on a flat managed by FirstPort. When it was built, they were named Peverel OM and in the register of title from the land registry, there is a 'restriction on disposition' saying that only Peverel OM can agree to make me the proprietor.

Apparently this is a big problem because they rebranded to be FirstPort. Are my solicitors being pedantic and just trying to scoop extra fees from me or does this actually have to be amended before exchange? Surely the fact that they have officially renamed themselves makes this a non-issue: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02061041 (under previous company names).

FirstPort is quite big - has anyone else been in the same position? Or can any experts advise?
Page 2
    • Richard Webster
    • By Richard Webster 12th Jun 16, 12:58 PM
    • 7,325 Posts
    • 6,986 Thanks
    Richard Webster
    I'd advise anyone to buy a Freehold flat only
    No,no,no!!!!

You can buy a leasehold flat where you also get a "share in the freehold" but that is not the same thing as a freehold flat where each flat in a building has its own freehold title.

Unless it is in Scarborough it will be virtually unmortgagegable - so don't think of it.
    RICHARD WEBSTER

As a retired conveyancing solicitor I believe the information given in the post to be useful assuming any properties concerned are in England/Wales but I accept no liability for it.
    • fitzrovian
    • By fitzrovian 10th Oct 16, 5:37 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fitzrovian
    FirstPort Pictures
    You are fortunate if your property is managed by FirstPort. Just look at my Flickr album for evidence. User: fitzrovialitter, Album: FirstPort.

Clue, remove the spaces: https: //flic.kr/ s/ aHskkzGjav

(Sorry but the site won't allow me to link.)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,987Posts Today

6,148Users online

Martin's Twitter