Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 13th Feb 16, 10:54 PM
    • 101Posts
    • 17Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 13th Feb 16, 10:54 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 13th Feb 16 at 10:54 PM
    Hi all,
    I have never received a 'private' parking charge (I have had a council parking fine before) and I have recently received a letter claiming I was parked in an area without a permit. The charge is £150! I never had a parking charge stuck to my window or I would have paid it!

£150 seems steep! In my experience, these fines should be reasonable to recoup their loss but I'm struggling to see how they lost £150? I've also typed in the location they have said I was in however, it is a one-way system with nowhere to park so I'm struggling to see where I parked. I never park anywhere but Tesco and that is free for 2 hours and nowhere near this street they have told me I was on.

HELP!

Do I just pay it? They say that because I didn't respond within 28 days I cannot appeal but I never received the parking fine? I always check my car before I get in it (paranoia of flat tyres) and there has never been anything on the floor!
Page 5
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 14th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    UPDATE:
    I have now received the claimant's Directions Questionnaire along with their acknowledgement of my defence statement.

What are the next steps? - I will have a proper read over it this evening but it doesn't seem to indicate I do anything.

Do I fill out a directions questionnaire? - I will reject an oral hearing.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 3:10 PM
    • 14,041 Posts
    • 22,060 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    What are the next steps? - I will have a proper read over it this evening but it doesn't seem to indicate I do anything.
    Are the next steps not indicated in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 6th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 101 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Should I fill out the N159 to oppose the hearing being on papers alone?

Also, can I email it? - I was thinking of simply emailing my N180 (Directions Questionnaire) to CCBC and also, claimant separately. or should I do it together?

Or if none of the above, do I have to post?

Thanks
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

98Posts Today

1,795Users online

Martin's Twitter