Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 13th Feb 16, 10:54 PM
    • 108Posts
    • 27Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Parking Charge Notice
    • 13th Feb 16, 10:54 PM
    Parking Charge Notice 13th Feb 16 at 10:54 PM
    Hi all,
    I have never received a 'private' parking charge (I have had a council parking fine before) and I have recently received a letter claiming I was parked in an area without a permit. The charge is £150! I never had a parking charge stuck to my window or I would have paid it!

£150 seems steep! In my experience, these fines should be reasonable to recoup their loss but I'm struggling to see how they lost £150? I've also typed in the location they have said I was in however, it is a one-way system with nowhere to park so I'm struggling to see where I parked. I never park anywhere but Tesco and that is free for 2 hours and nowhere near this street they have told me I was on.

HELP!

Do I just pay it? They say that because I didn't respond within 28 days I cannot appeal but I never received the parking fine? I always check my car before I get in it (paranoia of flat tyres) and there has never been anything on the floor!
Page 5
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 14th Jun 17, 1:53 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    UPDATE:
    I have now received the claimant's Directions Questionnaire along with their acknowledgement of my defence statement.

What are the next steps? - I will have a proper read over it this evening but it doesn't seem to indicate I do anything.

Do I fill out a directions questionnaire? - I will reject an oral hearing.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 14th Jun 17, 3:10 PM
    • 15,571 Posts
    • 24,311 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    What are the next steps? - I will have a proper read over it this evening but it doesn't seem to indicate I do anything.
    Are the next steps not indicated in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2?
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 6th Jul 17, 1:34 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Should I fill out the N159 to oppose the hearing being on papers alone?

Also, can I email it? - I was thinking of simply emailing my N180 (Directions Questionnaire) to CCBC and also, claimant separately. or should I do it together?

Or if none of the above, do I have to post?

Thanks
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 24th Aug 17, 4:08 PM
    • 108 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Update: I have recently had a letter from NBCC stating that the claimant must provide me with details of claim or the claim will be struck out. Deadline is 31st August. If they do provide me with more detailed particulars of claim I need to respond with my defence 2 weeks later.

How often are these matters struck out? - Hoping and praying that the matter is struck out and the whole thing comes to an end!
    • nosferatu1001
    • By nosferatu1001 24th Aug 17, 4:16 PM
    • 887 Posts
    • 987 Thanks
    nosferatu1001
    That isnt a useful metric to ask about. Each claimant is different.

Just be hot on it - check wit the court at 4pm on the 31st that they have a copy, and also if you have a copy. If either of you dont, ask for the claim to be struck out.
    • LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 4th Sep 17, 11:26 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Final update: I've received an email from Gladstones enclosing a notice of discontinuance

Thank you for all being so helpful!
    • safarmuk
    • By safarmuk 4th Sep 17, 11:30 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    safarmuk
    Final update: I've received an email from Gladstones enclosing a notice of discontinuance
    Check with the County Court that they have this discontinuance as well and have them confirm this. When was your court date scheduled for?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 4th Sep 17, 11:51 AM
    • 15,571 Posts
    • 24,311 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    It's an appalling state of affairs that after putting the OP through 19 months of demands, threats, hassle, worry, intimidation and work, they just bring this to an abrupt halt with a soulless email saying 'We are discontinuing'. I bet no apology, no remorse, just a plain 'That's it'!

While I'm sure you are feeling a sense of relief that the torture is now over Lauren, why not write to your MP and give him/her the run down on all this. As there is a Private Member's Bill being put to Parliament in February by Sir Greg Knight to legally regulate this out-of-control sector, ask them to make themselves aware of the Bill and to support it.

In the longer term (you have six years to do so) you might want to determine whether there has been any potential abuse of your personal data under the terms of the Data Protection Act, and consider mounting a claim against the PPC and any of its agents who have made your life so uncomfortable over such an extended period of time.

Well done on not capitulating to the demands, threats and hassle and seeing this through to a successful conclusion.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 4th Sep 17, 10:02 PM
    • 51,575 Posts
    • 65,193 Thanks
    Coupon-mad

Thank you for all being so helpful!
    Originally posted by LaurenHeath123
    And now you can simply (with one letter) apply for your 3 figure costs, as your sweet revenge:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=115128

Read the poster's recent posts on that pepipoo link - he is now claiming his costs to get revenge! This is not a person having to start a claim, nothing hard, it's just ONE letter to the court, asking for costs, as per the examples in that link.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 04-09-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• LaurenHeath123
    • By LaurenHeath123 7th Sep 17, 12:25 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    LaurenHeath123
    Thank you all!

I will be looking into 1) the private members bill 2) writing a letter to my MP and 3) costs order.

I have told everyone never to pay these money scammers and to always respond as quickly as possible! Plenty of lessons learnt thanks again!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,051Posts Today

7,324Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks

• Interesting, most people say they would champion a policy from a party they usually oppose. Yet is anyone brave eno? https://t.co/MWYGHunAqu

• RT @MSE_Deals: The MSE deals team are in the office nice and early to bring you full analysis of all the #BlackFriday deals throughout the?

• Follow Martin