Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • franby64
    • By franby64 10th Feb 16, 4:02 PM
    • 894Posts
    • 10,920Thanks
    franby64
    Ferrous Sulphate 200mg tablets
    • 10th Feb 16, 4:02 PM
    Ferrous Sulphate 200mg tablets 10th Feb 16 at 4:02 PM
    I've been buying these tablets for my daughters for 2/3 years and always paid around £4 -£4.50 for 100 in Boots.
    I went in there the other day and was quoted over £26 for the same tub.
    I've emailed Boots but they are now saying that I was always under charged before which I find hard to believe.
    Has anybody else experienced this price hike for these tablets? Is there a world shortage of iron?! I would love to know what's going on. And is there anywhere I can get some at a reasonable price?
    Thanks.
    Starting weight on 22/6 14st 00lbs. Weight on 15/2 10st 11lbs. Lost 3st 3lbs.Target 9st 12lbs. 13lbs left.
Page 2
    • suejb2
    • By suejb2 9th Jan 18, 3:53 PM
    • 1,318 Posts
    • 2,031 Thanks
    suejb2
    Ferrous sulphate
    Purchased 6 x 100 tubs for £12.99 at the end of last year
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
    • Cyclizine
    • By Cyclizine 9th Jan 18, 9:02 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Cyclizine
    It's a waste of time having prolonged courses of iron once you've restocked body stores. 200 mg a day is a massive dose, the iron will not be utilised and will accumulate. You shouldn't take it outwith a medical prescription for such a long time. I presume the original cause of the anaemia has been diagnosed? Not all anaemia is iron deficiency.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,045Posts Today

9,768Users online

Martin's Twitter