Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 9th Feb 16, 10:10 PM
    • 37Posts
    • 23Thanks
    Jacobs
    Just another DFW diary
    • 9th Feb 16, 10:10 PM
    Just another DFW diary 9th Feb 16 at 10:10 PM
    I've sent my DMP forms off today. This is my second attemp. Ah well, worse things happen in life, right?
Page 1
    • Desperate to be debt free
    • By Desperate to be debt free 10th Feb 16, 9:20 AM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    Desperate to be debt free
    • 10th Feb 16, 9:20 AM
    • 10th Feb 16, 9:20 AM
    Good luck with your debt free journey. We're all on the same bus lol
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 10th Feb 16, 1:04 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jacobs
    • 10th Feb 16, 1:04 PM
    • 10th Feb 16, 1:04 PM
    The morning after the night before. Lol.
    Well it's done now. I've applied for my DMP starting off at £33 per month. I realise now that I should have done this sooner , but hey, at least it's done now.

I remember when I set up my first attempt at a DMP I got a text message confirming when it was set up. I remember at the time feeling sick looking at that text message feeling that I was a failure. I won't feel that way this time. In fact I look forward to getting that text.

I also look forward to the phone calls stopping lol as they are coming thick and fast (I know it's no more than I deserve)

So here I go. Buckle in and knuckle down.

I'll set up a signature later so I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as it were, but for now I'll just sign off as:

Jacobs - with an estimated 24 payments to make
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 10th Feb 16, 8:52 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jacobs
    • 10th Feb 16, 8:52 PM
    • 10th Feb 16, 8:52 PM
    One of the cc companies just rang. I saw their name flash up but didn't answer it. I should do really. As I recall, when you mention the proposed DMP and give your reference number they're as nice as pie and it stops the calls. I'll answer them tomorrow.
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 19th Feb 16, 1:52 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jacobs
    • 19th Feb 16, 1:52 PM
    • 19th Feb 16, 1:52 PM
    It's been a little while since I posted.
    I'm still not feeling settled yet. I think i will when my plan is set up. I had an email from sc this week asking me to resend my forms so hopefully it will be ok soon.
    For now I am not opening my posted or answering the phone. It's no way to be.
    • parsniphead
    • By parsniphead 19th Feb 16, 5:49 PM
    • 2,005 Posts
    • 12,827 Thanks
    parsniphead
    • 19th Feb 16, 5:49 PM
    • 19th Feb 16, 5:49 PM
    Stick with it Jacobs. It will be a relief when it settles down, especially when the phone calls stop.

The DMP support thread is a good place to head too.
    Debts as of 08/07/17 Credit cards £7811 majority on 0%. Car loan £1500 my half. Mortgage £36272 remaining balance (10 yrs 2 mnths remaining - i think not). Emergency fund £500/500
    GAZELLE INTENSE AND GAINING TRACTION
    • Desperate to be debt free
    • By Desperate to be debt free 20th Feb 16, 10:05 AM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    Desperate to be debt free
    • 20th Feb 16, 10:05 AM
    • 20th Feb 16, 10:05 AM
    Ah Jacobs, big hugs. I remember it so well - avoiding the phone calls and dreading the sound of the mail falling on the mat. Give it a bit of time and it'll all settle down.

Stick with it, your moving in the right direction.
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 20th Feb 16, 2:57 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jacobs
    • 20th Feb 16, 2:57 PM
    • 20th Feb 16, 2:57 PM
    My partner, V, knows all about my money problems now. It came out in the week when they asked if everything was OK. I guess all the mail being stacked up on the side unopened was a giveaway! I don't know if any of it got opened as part of the truth hunting - but I can't be angry about that. To be honest it was a relief to be honest about the situation.
    • Sazzie23
    • By Sazzie23 5th Mar 16, 8:28 AM
    • 2,604 Posts
    • 10,471 Thanks
    Sazzie23
    • 5th Mar 16, 8:28 AM
    • 5th Mar 16, 8:28 AM
    My partner, V, knows all about my money problems now. It came out in the week when they asked if everything was OK. I guess all the mail being stacked up on the side unopened was a giveaway! I don't know if any of it got opened as part of the truth hunting - but I can't be angry about that. To be honest it was a relief to be honest about the situation.
    Originally posted by Jacobs
    Hi Jacobs

Just checking in to see how things are going ?

Did you start the DMP, make it to GA, don't try to do this on your own, it's too big.
    Debt -it's a fight that I'm winning, dealing with debt one day at a time.
    Estimated DFD August 2018 - 2031 - now 2027

Guide dog Tess, missing Scotland 2 years

DMP support no438.
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 17th Apr 16, 12:55 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jacobs
    It's been ages since I posted anything and things are improving. The dmp is set up. The first payment made and distributed. Things are going the right way. Here I am for two years. Feeling happy.
    • Jacobs
    • By Jacobs 17th Mar 17, 12:59 PM
    • 37 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Jacobs
    Wow it has been a long time again! I had originally thought I would post every week!!

Well life is great, even though the sun isn't shining. Made my last payment and feeling proud and happy.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,422Posts Today

9,110Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin