Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Katodz
    • By Katodz 8th Feb 16, 4:08 AM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Katodz
    Criminal injuries compensation authority
    • 8th Feb 16, 4:08 AM
    Criminal injuries compensation authority 8th Feb 16 at 4:08 AM
    Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong area, not quite sure where to post it.

So a couple of years ago I applied for compensation for historical sexual abuse, my claim was initially denied because I applied outside of their time scale,(after my 20th birthday) I appealed CICA's decision and after a tribunal they changed their decision and said I was entitled to compensation. The tribunal was in April 2015. Since then, CICA have wrote to me twice explaining they were asking for more information from the police in which they've now received all the information they requested.

Does anyone know how long it could be until they will decide a figure and send me it? I've called them a few times incase I've missed something in the post (I missed something with my initial application so had to re apply after 6 months of waiting for them to get back to me) but every time I call they just say they've got the information they need for now and it's waiting to be seen by a case worker and cannot give me any sort of time scale.
    My cousin went through the same ordeal and took hers to a tribunal and won but it did not take this long after her tribunal for her to be awarded with her compensation.

I'm just getting a bit fed up of not knowing what's going on with it.

Thanks in advance
Page 1
    • Allybroon2004
    • By Allybroon2004 9th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Allybroon2004
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:15 PM
    Hi,

I've just applied for compensation for the same reasons and they now have the police report.

Can you tell me if your case has been dealt with? And if so how long did it take?

Thanks in advance ��
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 9th Oct 16, 4:51 PM
    • 15,599 Posts
    • 11,310 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 9th Oct 16, 4:51 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 4:51 PM
    It's unlikely that you'll find out as the OP has not logged on since starting the thread in February. The fact that nobody responded suggests to me that it's too complex for anyone without specific knowledge of the case to provide an answer.
    • aquamarinex
    • By aquamarinex 18th Nov 16, 11:30 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    aquamarinex
    • 18th Nov 16, 11:30 AM
    same
    • 18th Nov 16, 11:30 AM
    I am in the same position as you - police info went to CICA in August and my case is awaiting a decision still after referral to the caseworker more than two months ago. Be helpful to hear now and again how things are going for you.
    • muhandis
    • By muhandis 18th Nov 16, 11:41 AM
    • 204 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    muhandis
    • 18th Nov 16, 11:41 AM
    • 18th Nov 16, 11:41 AM
    I would think that you might have better luck getting in touch with one of the victim support charities to get more information on your query. At least they might be able to point you towards a better source of information. I think it unlikely that there would be too many MSE posters with knowledge of this specific area.

Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,046Posts Today

7,097Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's not fair or accurate to assign all leave voters (nor remainers) one voice. The vote may have been binary but t? https://t.co/QMqKrfY1jv

• That's cos the UK voted for Brexit. The choice now unless something radical happens is what type. (Plus twitter o? https://t.co/SLmh2jL4bU

• Todays twitter poll: The lib dem leader says more people now want soft brexit (ie still in single market etc) than hard - what do you want?

• Follow Martin