Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Desperate to be debt free
    • By Desperate to be debt free 6th Feb 16, 2:34 PM
    • 730Posts
    • 1,067Thanks
    Desperate to be debt free
    Determined This Time
    • 6th Feb 16, 2:34 PM
    Determined This Time 6th Feb 16 at 2:34 PM
    Well I've been posting on and off on here for a number of years and even though my debts have not increased they have decreased very little. I have loads of debts (in excess of £60K) and have arrangements in place to repay each of them at £1 per month.

So what has changed this time? Not an awful lot, I still don't have an awful lot of spare cash at the end of each month but I am going to try and get back into the debt busting bug.

My first debt to tackle is with Done Deal and at the last count I owed about £110. I don't have enough spare cash to pay it all off but I have contacted them and asked them for a settlement figure. I'm hoping that the settlement figure will be greatly reduced and it'll be a figure I can manage.

I have £20 in my savings account, am able to add another £9 next Thursday when a cheque clears so that takes me up to £29. Once I receive a confirmed settlement figure I'll post it in my signature and let the journey begin again!
Page 5
    • By Desperate to be debt free 10th Mar 17, 9:38 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    Well considering I've not been on here for nearly a year, I'm pleased to report that I've not been sitting around doing nothing. I've managed to pay off a massive £560 to Cabot Financial and have just set up a payment plan to Moorcroft for a £306.00 debt. Paid £40 off today so already down to £266. Am finally back at work so the money is coming back in and I'm yet again focused to clear some more debt.

The Moorcroft debt is being paid off at £40 a month so that should be clear by the end of September. I am also going to try and concentrate on one of the other small debts.
    • By Desperate to be debt free 10th Mar 17, 10:02 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    OK so the debt I'm going to concentrate on this month is a £245.51 amount owing to Lowell. I've set myself up with an online account and have just paid £6 off this amount. Total owing now is £239.51.....
    • By Desperate to be debt free 17th Mar 17, 2:27 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    Nothing new to report. Got a day off work today so trying to keep myself busy and not spend money. I've not got very much but its pay day on Tuesday so only got a few more days to struggle. There's plenty of food in the house so nobody is going to starve.

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today with regards to money but know I've only got myself to blame. Admittedly I'm not as bad off as some but would love to be at a position in life where I didn't have to worry so much - like I said - my own doing
    • By Desperate to be debt free 23rd Mar 17, 6:17 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 1,067 Thanks
    OK so tomorrow another £40 will be coming off the Moorcroft debt so my total will be down to £226. Not managed to make any additional payments to Lowell as I'm only 3 days into my pay and don't want to over stretch myself so early in the month. Will wait until a few days before my next payday and whatever is over will go off the other debt.

Have to make a payment to my Uni tomorrow for £66. Its the last of my Uni fees so even though it'll be a stretch to pay it, at least its all paid off now.

I just have to keep plodding along slowly.....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

834Posts Today

6,956Users online

Martin's Twitter