Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • catya
    • By catya 2nd Feb 16, 4:50 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 2Thanks
    catya
    Where can I find a personal loan broker
    • 2nd Feb 16, 4:50 PM
    Where can I find a personal loan broker 2nd Feb 16 at 4:50 PM
    Hi

I'm looking to get a loan but would like to speak to a loan broker about getting one.
    I have a mortgage broker and a business loan broker but can't seem to find a personal loan one. Surely they exist!?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 2nd Feb 16, 4:54 PM
    • 13,215 Posts
    • 13,525 Thanks
    zx81
    • 2nd Feb 16, 4:54 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 4:54 PM
    Well, an IFA may be able to help you. But they are rarely needed for something as simple as a loan.

What is your situation? If you have severely bad credit, there will be no available loans.
    • catya
    • By catya 2nd Feb 16, 4:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    catya
    • 2nd Feb 16, 4:59 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 4:59 PM
    I just went into Nationwide to book an appointment to apply for a loan and the man said I wasn't eligible so he didn't want to waste my time booking an appointment. So immediately I got worried and did an experienced report and I've got 999/999 so an excellent score.

I've got credit history and have just repaid a loan in full and paid off my credit cards.

Just thought that maybe an insurance broker would be able to give me advice instead of going to a different lender and getting a no.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 2nd Feb 16, 5:06 PM
    • 13,215 Posts
    • 13,525 Thanks
    zx81
    • 2nd Feb 16, 5:06 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 5:06 PM
    Ignore your score.

If your credit history is good, then apply for one of the lower rate products. But check that everything is OK on your files. If you've been a heavy user of credit, you may want to be a couple of months clear of that before applying.

Only use an insurance broker if you want insurance.
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 2nd Feb 16, 6:30 PM
    • 10,848 Posts
    • 14,990 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 2nd Feb 16, 6:30 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 6:30 PM
    Are you self employed? Nationwide only lend money to those who are self employed and are home owners. I wasn't eligible for a loan from nationwide for years because of this, it had nothing to do with my credit history. Note that's credit history not credit score because no lender use the credit scores made up by any of the CRA.

Have you tried using the MSE Loan Eligibility calculator to see who is likely to lend you money?
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • dresdendave
    • By dresdendave 2nd Feb 16, 7:48 PM
    • 639 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    dresdendave
    • 2nd Feb 16, 7:48 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 7:48 PM
    Are you self employed? Nationwide only lend money to those who are self employed and are home owners. I wasn't eligible for a loan from nationwide for years because of this, it had nothing to do with my credit history. Note that's credit history not credit score because no lender use the credit scores made up by any of the CRA.

Have you tried using the MSE Loan Eligibility calculator to see who is likely to lend you money?
    Originally posted by Pixie5740

Are you sure about this? Presumably then any one who is an employee, however well paid and secure their job is, would be automatically declined?
    • Pixie5740
    • By Pixie5740 2nd Feb 16, 7:57 PM
    • 10,848 Posts
    • 14,990 Thanks
    Pixie5740
    • 2nd Feb 16, 7:57 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 7:57 PM
    Perhaps I didn't phrase it very well. If you're self employed and want a loan from Nationwide you have to be a home owner. If you're self employed and are not a home owner it's an automatic decline no matter how good your credit file. The OP mentioned a business loan broker so I though he/she might be self employed.
    Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure nineteen pounds nineteen and six, result happiness. Annual income twenty pounds, annual expenditure twenty pounds nought and six, result misery.
    • Gambler101
    • By Gambler101 7th Sep 17, 7:40 AM
    • 503 Posts
    • 1,242 Thanks
    Gambler101
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:40 AM
    • 7th Sep 17, 7:40 AM
    OP if your business loan broker or mortgage broker cant put you in touch with a personal loan broker, you need to find new brokers immediately lol
    The instructions on the box said 'Requires Windows 7 or better'. So I installed LINUX
    • zx81
    • By zx81 8th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 13,215 Posts
    • 13,525 Thanks
    zx81
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    • 8th Sep 17, 11:14 AM
    Personal loan brokers work in a similar way to mortgage brokers: they help you find a good deal on your loan.
    Personal loan brokers can help you with the full range of personal loan products offered by lenders. Whether you are planning a holiday or buying a new car, a personal loan broker can assist you with finding a suitable product.
    Originally posted by lantranhana
    Reported for Vietnamese loan homepage spam, surprisingly.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

221Posts Today

1,545Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin