Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Saviman
    • By Saviman 31st Jan 16, 3:26 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Saviman
    Energy Company
    • 31st Jan 16, 3:26 PM
    Energy Company 31st Jan 16 at 3:26 PM
    I have used Utility Warehouse for electricity & gas since 2005. It was originally termed as Utility Warehouse Club and charged £1.50 for the privilege. That rose in cost and in 2015 I cancelled the charge. It transpires that this is an insurance for accident, illness and redundancy something I was never aware of.

With a minimum of £18 per year over 10 years could be worth claiming back.

Is this considered PPI miss selling and worth a letter?
Page 1
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 1st Feb 16, 10:11 AM
    • 2,960 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 1st Feb 16, 10:11 AM
    • 1st Feb 16, 10:11 AM
    It's not PPI but you can certainly complain about it, whether they accept your complaint is a different matter.

Why do you feel it is wrong? Would it not have paid out or did you have alternative cover such as a work sick pay policy? How did you sign up for it (e.g. did you tick a box on a website to say you wanted it or did they call you after joining offering it?)

Simply having the cover is not miss-sale and claiming you didn't know it offered this sort of protection is hearsay as they will almost certainly have proof that this information was provided to you.
    • Saviman
    • By Saviman 2nd Feb 16, 5:46 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Saviman
    • 2nd Feb 16, 5:46 PM
    • 2nd Feb 16, 5:46 PM
    From the reply to my query I will not proceed but thank you for your help.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 4th Feb 16, 10:11 AM
    • 2,960 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 4th Feb 16, 10:11 AM
    • 4th Feb 16, 10:11 AM
    From the reply to my query I will not proceed but thank you for your help.
    Originally posted by Saviman
    Not saying you shouldn't complain, just that you should present a valid case - complaining about a product you don't want and feel was miss-sold was fine, just make sure it is done right i.e. not complaining about a product being PPI when it isn't
    • biscuit.lover
    • By biscuit.lover 16th Oct 16, 1:02 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    biscuit.lover
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:02 PM
    This is obviously happening to more than a few....
    • 16th Oct 16, 1:02 PM
    Just to pick up on this topic, my sister has realised she has been unknowingly paying this "insurance" too.

I suspect many people have had this taken from them in addition to their energy bills.

I am going to look further into this as it is completely wrong imo.

Has anyone done anything about this? I would appreciate any info.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

2,299Users online

Martin's Twitter