Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 27th Jan 16, 9:38 AM
    • 68Posts
    • 35Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    Lloyds PPI 2000 - slow response
    • 27th Jan 16, 9:38 AM
    Lloyds PPI 2000 - slow response 27th Jan 16 at 9:38 AM
    Has anyone else experienced a slow response? I submitted my initial claim on 15/11, and followed up early Dec with some basic account info I'd managed to unearth (thank you old PC!) ...

The bank then called me a week later asking me the same question they'd already asked on the forms... then nothing. The telephonist told me I would receive a decision within a week... I chased early January and was told that the bank were 'still investigating.'

I am beginning to feel fobbed off. I did try to reclaim many years ago, but was fobbed off then too...

I thought there was a minimal time for the banks to respond - or am I wrong?

The PPI was about £700 or so I believe and I was originally told that 'it wouldn't hurt' (!!I now feel so stupid!) my grad loan application because at the time I was only starting work the following month and had had a terrible time at uni trying to live without financial support and working all hours etc. I believe that my concern about whether or not the bank would convert my student OD into a grad loan was played on due to my concern about having lived pennies from the OD limit for 4 years...

Can anyone offer any insight? thanks
Page 2
    • welshgasman
    • By welshgasman 18th Mar 17, 11:28 AM
    • 305 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    welshgasman
    They recently got rid of a bunch or people, so not doubt claims are going to take longer. People can only do so many per day, no matter what the target is.
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 5th Apr 17, 3:19 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    Ah that probably didn't help...

Thank you everyone - I chased a few weeks ago as suggested and today I was told by the bank that I'd get just over £2k back...

I'd almost given up! Thank you all for your help and advice 😀
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,034Posts Today

8,867Users online

Martin's Twitter