Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 27th Jan 16, 9:38 AM
    • 68Posts
    • 35Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    Lloyds PPI 2000 - slow response
    • 27th Jan 16, 9:38 AM
    Lloyds PPI 2000 - slow response 27th Jan 16 at 9:38 AM
    Has anyone else experienced a slow response? I submitted my initial claim on 15/11, and followed up early Dec with some basic account info I'd managed to unearth (thank you old PC!) ...

The bank then called me a week later asking me the same question they'd already asked on the forms... then nothing. The telephonist told me I would receive a decision within a week... I chased early January and was told that the bank were 'still investigating.'

I am beginning to feel fobbed off. I did try to reclaim many years ago, but was fobbed off then too...

I thought there was a minimal time for the banks to respond - or am I wrong?

The PPI was about £700 or so I believe and I was originally told that 'it wouldn't hurt' (!!I now feel so stupid!) my grad loan application because at the time I was only starting work the following month and had had a terrible time at uni trying to live without financial support and working all hours etc. I believe that my concern about whether or not the bank would convert my student OD into a grad loan was played on due to my concern about having lived pennies from the OD limit for 4 years...

Can anyone offer any insight? thanks
Page 1
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 27th Jan 16, 10:05 AM
    • 88,835 Posts
    • 54,176 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 27th Jan 16, 10:05 AM
    • 27th Jan 16, 10:05 AM
    Has anyone else experienced a slow response?
    Just over 2 months is not a slow response. Some people have been waiting 2 years.

I thought there was a minimal time for the banks to respond - or am I wrong?
    You are wrong. After 8 weeks you can refer your case to the FOS. However, that is a brand new queue and the bank may decide that as they are going to face the FOS fee anyway, they may as well argue the case.

Be patient. It will come in time.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 27th Jan 16, 10:53 AM
    • 19,054 Posts
    • 9,171 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 27th Jan 16, 10:53 AM
    • 27th Jan 16, 10:53 AM
    I did try to reclaim many years ago, but was fobbed off then too...
    Originally posted by newbiesaver55
    "Fobbed off" or rejected with a full and final response? Do realise that you can't continue to complain after being rejected in the past unless you have new evidence not in your original complaint. Apologies, if you just gave up before making a proper complaint in the past.

As Dunston says, there is nothing "slow" about your current timescale. I recommend you sit back and let the Bank get on with it. You know the Bank have your complaint, so there is little point chasing them…..
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 27th Jan 16, 11:22 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    • 27th Jan 16, 11:22 AM
    • 27th Jan 16, 11:22 AM
    2 years.......! Right then I will back off a bit

I was given a full and final fob off yes... but then the bank contacted ME and said new evidence had come to light at their end and I could re-apply for redress if I wanted to...

Thank you for your help. I'll let you know the (eventual!) outcome...
    • Finefoot
    • By Finefoot 27th Jan 16, 9:38 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    Finefoot
    • 27th Jan 16, 9:38 PM
    • 27th Jan 16, 9:38 PM
    I did my forms back in december. I had a telephone call yesterday, asking the same questions I already answered, was told a response would be given in two weeks. I was also asked how would I like my refund. Am I right in getting my hopes up?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 27th Jan 16, 9:54 PM
    • 88,835 Posts
    • 54,176 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 27th Jan 16, 9:54 PM
    • 27th Jan 16, 9:54 PM
    I did my forms back in december. I had a telephone call yesterday, asking the same questions I already answered, was told a response would be given in two weeks. I was also asked how would I like my refund. Am I right in getting my hopes up?
    Originally posted by Finefoot
    Standard questions whether your case is upheld or rejected. Dont get your hopes up on that basis.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Finefoot
    • By Finefoot 28th Jan 16, 3:59 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    Finefoot
    • 28th Jan 16, 3:59 PM
    • 28th Jan 16, 3:59 PM
    Ok thanks. Got several more to plow through, this was my first application.
    • mui7087
    • By mui7087 28th Jan 16, 9:48 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mui7087
    • 28th Jan 16, 9:48 PM
    • 28th Jan 16, 9:48 PM
    I submitted a claim at the end of October and was advised I would receive their decision on 26th December, I didn't hear anything. However, on 6th January I received an offer letter from them for more than £18,000!!
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 28th Jan 16, 9:53 PM
    • 19,054 Posts
    • 9,171 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 28th Jan 16, 9:53 PM
    • 28th Jan 16, 9:53 PM
    I was advised I would receive their decision on 26th December, I didn't hear anything. However, on 6th January I received an offer
    Originally posted by mui7087
    I think the Bank can be forgiven for missing a deadline which fell slap bang in the middle of the Christmas Festivities!
    Well done on your success!
    • mui7087
    • By mui7087 29th Jan 16, 8:36 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 9 Thanks
    mui7087
    I think the Bank can be forgiven for missing a deadline which fell slap bang in the middle of the Christmas Festivities!
    Well done on your success!
    Originally posted by Moneyineptitude
    To be honest I didn't expect to hear anything during Christmas so you can imagine my delight when I got my offer
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 1st Feb 16, 10:02 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    Great result mui!
    • Finefoot
    • By Finefoot 8th Feb 16, 11:33 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    Finefoot
    I had a cheque today for £650! From my claim in december. Thanks all for your help!
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 18th Feb 16, 4:26 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    That's great news Finefoot & mui! I'm still waiting but will hold off chasing for a few years then... ��
    • Finefoot
    • By Finefoot 5th Mar 16, 5:55 PM
    • 605 Posts
    • 768 Thanks
    Finefoot
    Quick update: Had a response from other PPI claims. £3K+.
    Thanks all.
    £1650 so far this year reclaimed from Lloyds bank.
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 29th Mar 16, 5:29 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    Well done - still waiting!!!
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 17th Mar 17, 11:27 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    How long should one wait for a response, please?
    • PSW
    • By PSW 17th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 29 Thanks
    PSW
    Are you still waiting from last year �� You are far more patience then I ever could be.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Mar 17, 5:11 PM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 2,327 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    They normally have 8 weeks from getting your complaint to giving a response or you can escalate to the FOS

I'd chase them, possible they sent a letter and it didn't get delivered
    • newbiesaver55
    • By newbiesaver55 17th Mar 17, 7:20 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    newbiesaver55
    Ah thanks. Is post or calling usually better??
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 17th Mar 17, 9:18 PM
    • 4,179 Posts
    • 2,327 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    Speak to a person, you can always follow it up in writing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

572Posts Today

7,475Users online

Martin's Twitter