Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 27th Jan 16, 8:59 AM
    • 4,212Posts
    • 8,207Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking)
    • 27th Jan 16, 8:59 AM
    Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking) 27th Jan 16 at 8:59 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert:

We spoke directly to Bounts to get the lowdown. The full info's in the Bounts Dealshunters Blog.

Back to Kantankrus Mare's original post...

--------

I've searched and can't find a thread apart from the referrals thread about bounts.

For anyone that doesn't know.......its an app which you connect to a fitness tracker and rewards you with high street vouchers depending on how active you are.

I have a fitbit arriving today and have the bounts app set up ready.

Would be interested to see how others get on with this site and if its worth upgrading etc.

For me......it will in theory be a good way of keeping me motivated having just got back to going to the gym regularly.

Also getting my daily steps in should be relatively easy on a work day. I work in a small cafe/restaurant and am constantly walking for a seven/eight hour shift.

Looking forward to hearing others feelings and experience with the app.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 28-01-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Make £10 a Day Challenge Jan £251.40 Feb £146.27/Mar £147.90/ April £198.69/May £69.61/June £172.84/July £166.72/Aug £288.05/Sep £115.80
    Mortgage Dec 2015..£65,800 Jan 2016 £64,248/Feb £63,623/March £62,958/Apr £62,321/May 61,712/June £61,100/Jul 60,447/Aug 59,816/Sep 59,200
    Overpayments...£1.219.44 Bounts £30
Page 23
    • ffacoffipawb
    • By ffacoffipawb 22nd Sep 16, 9:59 PM
    • 2,255 Posts
    • 1,424 Thanks
    ffacoffipawb
    Ive been blocked from that Facebook post too. Bit shocked really I didnt say anything that bad just that I was disappointed.

I think this is the way vouchers will be from now on. With just a few released per day.

They cant block me from posting a review on the app store!
    Originally posted by SG27
    He is quoting lies anyway ...

"Putting it in context, you would need to spend £5,000 at Tesco and sainsburys to get a £5 voucher."

No, you just need to spend £500. Idiot.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 23rd Sep 16, 8:33 AM
    • 2,231 Posts
    • 3,152 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    He is quoting lies anyway ...

"Putting it in context, you would need to spend £5,000 at Tesco and sainsburys to get a £5 voucher."

No, you just need to spend £500. Idiot.
    Originally posted by ffacoffipawb
    Plus that voucher would be worth £20 when using it on deals.
    • Shadowdancing
    • By Shadowdancing 23rd Sep 16, 11:31 AM
    • 21 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Shadowdancing
    Is the shop permanently empty for anyone else?
    • slimzoe
    • By slimzoe 24th Sep 16, 9:07 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    slimzoe
    There was a thread on this on the MSE Facebook page. I now can't find it?? Does feel a little like MSE are still promoting Bounts despite what has gone on.
    • kathy32
    • By kathy32 24th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    kathy32
    Yes
    Yes, the shop has been permanently empty for weeks and weeks now. There probably are some awards that become available at random times a day, as some people have managed to snag them. But they are so few and far between, that there are essentially no available awards any more. And the company now claims that you were never guaranteed any more than just a chance to get one some day, if you work hard and are lucky enough to be there just at the right time. They also accused anyone who complained about the unavailability of gift cards of being greedy and "in it for the wrong reasons." So expect it to stay that way. You can earn and accrue lots of points, but can't really use them for anything.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 24th Sep 16, 10:17 AM
    • 2,231 Posts
    • 3,152 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    The problems have occurred purely because it was promoted on MSE!! Their greed in getting as many as possible to sign up will ultimately lead to their downfall.
    • SG27
    • By SG27 24th Sep 16, 12:42 PM
    • 1,821 Posts
    • 1,110 Thanks
    SG27
    They answer their twitter account within an hour or two, They told me vouchers are added throughout the day.however stopped responding when I asked when enough vouchers would be added that people could actually get one.

Its over, shame really. Ive still got 6 months of premium membership so probably have several hundred thousand worthless points by then!
    Mortgage Debt: £93,537.48/£105,025 Feb 13
    Overpayments so far: £3,939.72
    • matty_art
    • By matty_art 26th Sep 16, 6:32 AM
    • 136 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    matty_art
    The Facebook group called "Bounts - Get rewarded for exercising" is supposedly a user group providing information and help, but they're incredibly defensive and aggressive when trying to discuss the issues. After two dismissive comments back to a simple question I asked, they've deleted my comments without any further communication and then when I asked why my comments had been deleted, they blocked me from the group. It looks like they're doing it to others as well, as any comments on their posts are quickly replied quite rudely and then deleted.

Strange as they profess to be a user support group - you'd have thought they would emphasise with the issues people are facing and scrutinise Bounts if so, but all they do is make posts about what vouchers are available, and delete and block people. Leads me to believe there's something else going on...
    • SG27
    • By SG27 27th Sep 16, 8:56 PM
    • 1,821 Posts
    • 1,110 Thanks
    SG27
    artikel yang baik
    Originally posted by indoet93
    aplikasi yang mengerikan. Jangan gunakan
    Mortgage Debt: £93,537.48/£105,025 Feb 13
    Overpayments so far: £3,939.72
    • wozza2k
    • By wozza2k 28th Sep 16, 9:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    wozza2k
    Anyone else found since the app was updated that venue check-ins are not working properly? Think it's ,issed all my gym sessions in the last 3 weeks.
    Last edited by wozza2k; 28-09-2016 at 9:27 AM.
    • JohnR1978
    • By JohnR1978 29th Sep 16, 7:21 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JohnR1978
    Points total
    How many points do people have?

I have 21085
    :-(

John
    • spwwuk
    • By spwwuk 30th Sep 16, 3:37 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    spwwuk
    Had Enough!
    16000 points and not a rat's chance in hell of spending them on anything I want. Just submitted my refund request!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

170Posts Today

1,373Users online

Martin's Twitter