Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 27th Jan 16, 8:59 AM
    • 4,212Posts
    • 8,207Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking)
    • 27th Jan 16, 8:59 AM
    Thoughts on Bounts (Get paid for walking) 27th Jan 16 at 8:59 AM
    MoneySavingExpert Insert:

We spoke directly to Bounts to get the lowdown. The full info's in the Bounts Dealshunters Blog.

Back to Kantankrus Mare's original post...

--------

I've searched and can't find a thread apart from the referrals thread about bounts.

For anyone that doesn't know.......its an app which you connect to a fitness tracker and rewards you with high street vouchers depending on how active you are.

I have a fitbit arriving today and have the bounts app set up ready.

Would be interested to see how others get on with this site and if its worth upgrading etc.

For me......it will in theory be a good way of keeping me motivated having just got back to going to the gym regularly.

Also getting my daily steps in should be relatively easy on a work day. I work in a small cafe/restaurant and am constantly walking for a seven/eight hour shift.

Looking forward to hearing others feelings and experience with the app.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 28-01-2016 at 10:48 AM.
    Make £10 a Day Challenge Jan £251.40 Feb £146.27/Mar £147.90/ April £198.69/May £69.61/June £172.84/July £166.72/Aug £288.05/Sep £115.80
    Mortgage Dec 2015..£65,800 Jan 2016 £64,248/Feb £63,623/March £62,958/Apr £62,321/May 61,712/June £61,100/Jul 60,447/Aug 59,816/Sep 59,200
    Overpayments...£1.219.44 Bounts £30
Page 22
    • cjdavies
    • By cjdavies 14th Sep 16, 1:10 PM
    • 1,589 Posts
    • 1,269 Thanks
    cjdavies
    Hi all, is anyone else having issues with Bounts syncing with Moves? I've just got a new phone and it's not working ):

Also does anyone know how to stop it repeatedly asking me to sync with Google Fit? It does this everytime I open the app
    Originally posted by *katie*
    I had same problem, I had to access Moves and sync from there by getting a code, then on Bounts to enter the code.
    • slimzoe
    • By slimzoe 15th Sep 16, 2:03 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    slimzoe
    Have a look at the pinned post on the Bounts Facebook page. The founder is basically saying those of us who paid for premium plus and are complaining about lack of vouchers and lack of comms are free loading and not behaving in the nature of the community. I have cancelled my account and will be warning people off joining or at least not to pay for premium. The only vouchers currently in stock are the ones you pay 1900 points and £20 to get a £25 voucher, not what was promised. Be wary!!!
    • slimzoe
    • By slimzoe 15th Sep 16, 2:09 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    slimzoe
    Oh and to add their t&c's still state that vouchers will be delivered in 14 days (usually quicker than that) not the 30
    They have been quoting recently. It's not a scam just badly organised and delivered and they have resorted to the worst sort of management, blaming the customers.
    • camaj
    • By camaj 15th Sep 16, 2:13 PM
    • 456 Posts
    • 236 Thanks
    camaj
    I'm getting sick of this now. The guy who runs Bounts just posted a blog post in which he tries to make excuses for their failures and blames those of us who are fed up. Apparently the rewards are just a bonus and if you get them great but if you don't you're missing the point, which is odd because if the point of bounts is to motivate people to exercise what's the point in bounts if they take away that motivation.

He also says that the vouchers are available, he checked the shop himself! So which is it, there's no vouchers and it doesn't matter or they do matter and they're in stock? Why is the owner checking the shop, surely he's able to know precisely the period they're in or out of stock.

This seems a pretty standard attempt at stringing everyone along before the inevitable collapse. If they don't want people to use this as a money-making app, why offer premium accounts?

You can read the whole thing here . It also has details on getting a refund.
    • Lavendyr
    • By Lavendyr 15th Sep 16, 3:50 PM
    • 1,973 Posts
    • 1,781 Thanks
    Lavendyr
    It's a dreadful post. He's presented himself and his company very poorly. Hope MSE challenge him on it.
    • Georgiegirl256
    • By Georgiegirl256 15th Sep 16, 5:12 PM
    • 6,555 Posts
    • 18,600 Thanks
    Georgiegirl256
    Wow!! Haven't been on the website for ages, because I don't have anywhere near enough points to buy anything atm, but have just had a look, and I see what everyone's talking about when they say nearly everything is out of stock, and having to put money towards.

The owner came across terribly in that blog post. Not like a Nectar scheme? I thought that was the whole point though, the harder you work (further you walk etc) the more points you got, and in turn, those points that you've earned can then be spent in the store. Like any points scoring scheme/card/etc, it's an incentive, something to motivate you.
    • slimzoe
    • By slimzoe 15th Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    slimzoe
    I've now been removed from the FB page! Whoops
    • Dave2112
    • By Dave2112 15th Sep 16, 11:01 PM
    • 75 Posts
    • 34 Thanks
    Dave2112
    I always wondered what the business model for this was to support the promoted "pay to exercise" model they advertised. Seems like it was a scam after all. They cannot afford to pay for vouchers that people earned as they say that the bonuses are not guaranteeed. Logging into their shop twice a day the voucherss are always "out of stock". I've not looked at getting back my premium membership which I belive you can do but 100% I won't give this bunch of scammers one more penny.
    • Kantankrus Mare
    • By Kantankrus Mare 15th Sep 16, 11:45 PM
    • 4,212 Posts
    • 8,207 Thanks
    Kantankrus Mare
    Really really disappointed with how this site has turned out.

Husband has enough points to cash out and I am close also. We both upgraded at the beginning of our membership and though we have made our money back.....its not good.

Even the garden centre vouchers which were still in stock when others werent are now out of stock.

Its a joke.
    Make £10 a Day Challenge Jan £251.40 Feb £146.27/Mar £147.90/ April £198.69/May £69.61/June £172.84/July £166.72/Aug £288.05/Sep £115.80
    Mortgage Dec 2015..£65,800 Jan 2016 £64,248/Feb £63,623/March £62,958/Apr £62,321/May 61,712/June £61,100/Jul 60,447/Aug 59,816/Sep 59,200
    Overpayments...£1.219.44 Bounts £30
    • Wickwar
    • By Wickwar 16th Sep 16, 1:13 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Wickwar
    Think it may have been me asking John Stuart questions on Twitter that maybe spurred him to put out that statement.I challenged him as to why the store was always empty & he came across as a man whose isn't challenged very often & doesn't like being questioned .By the following morning the visitors posts were turned off & deleted.And the thread under his statement is being very heavily moderated with posts being deleted & folk blocked from posting.Thats how much Bounts value their paying customers.
    • Wickwar
    • By Wickwar 16th Sep 16, 1:17 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Wickwar
    Me to.
    I've now been removed from the FB page! Whoops
    Originally posted by slimzoe

Same as me think & I think we are not alone.
    • slimzoe
    • By slimzoe 16th Sep 16, 8:57 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    slimzoe
    Think it may have been me asking John Stuart questions on Twitter that maybe spurred him to put out that statement.I challenged him as to why the store was always empty & he came across as a man whose isn't challenged very often & doesn't like being questioned .By the following morning the visitors posts were turned off & deleted.And the thread under his statement is being very heavily moderated with posts being deleted & folk blocked from posting.Thats how much Bounts value their paying customers.
    Originally posted by Wickwar

I think they've given up deleting the negative stuff though, they cant keep up! I can still see the thread just can't post. I was VERY vocal about it.
    • max beerbohm
    • By max beerbohm 16th Sep 16, 9:37 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    max beerbohm
    Funny how John Stuart blames Bount's woes on its money grabbing members and says that the vouchers are an optional extra that may or not be available to us.

In March this year he was happy to put out a press releases which said:

The improved app has the addition of monthly Premium+ subscription meaning members can now benefit from 12 times more points than those on a free account and can earn up to £200 in vouchers per year for just £1.49 per month or a £14.99 outlay for the year.

The bit in bold typeface was how it appeared, I haven't added it, which shows how they wanted to highlight the money earning potential. Indeed, this is how Bounts has operated for over a year with members earning vouchers and no complaints from Bounts that it's not meant to work like that.

What has changed since March? Bounts has run out of money. Rather than admit that fact Bounts would rather change the system and get rid of the paying members who rightly expect what they were promised. Getting them to leave and give them their £14.99 back is cheaper than having to pay out the possible £200 to them that was advertised in March.
    • slimzoe
    • By slimzoe 16th Sep 16, 9:45 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    slimzoe
    They are still saying points will be honoured though, so potentially making it worse as they will refund the £14.99 and people will still have up to £200 worth of points they want to spend. It's bonkers. Just hold your hands up, say there's an issue and work out how to fix it rather than blaming the customers for not playing fair. People are saying it's not about the vouchers, they love seeing the points add up but, what's the point of points if you can't spend them!!!
    • Wickwar
    • By Wickwar 16th Sep 16, 11:34 AM
    • 44 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Wickwar
    Last night
    I think they've given up deleting the negative stuff though, they cant keep up! I can still see the thread just can't post. I was VERY vocal about it.
    Originally posted by slimzoe
    They were deleting last night around 1am.My comments have gone so I ppost from my old Facebook AC which proptly got blocked as well.So tweeted to John he must be up 24/7 modding that thread.He replyed saying contatc support yet again.
    • codemonkey
    • By codemonkey 16th Sep 16, 12:04 PM
    • 6,098 Posts
    • 21,722 Thanks
    codemonkey
    I think this is being very badly managed. It was obvious they couldn't cope with the influx of members months ago so they started changing things - first the wins from the reward wheel subtly declined. Then the challenges stopped being for points and started being an oblique chance to win something that nobody really wants, then they were changing voucher suppliers and now apparently it's not about the vouchers and we're all selfish and greedy to want the vouchers they told us we'd get if we signed up. I can't see any other incentive to use the app otherwise.

The sad thing is, all they really needed to say was 'We underestimated demand, we can't keep up, really sorry. We're trying to fix it'. Instead it's been nothing but bad attitude from them for weeks.

I've recommended this to a few people and now wish I hadn't. I've noticed that the emails they used to send asking me to recommend people have stopped too.
    Eu não sou uma tartaruga. Eu sou um codigopombo.
    • SG27
    • By SG27 16th Sep 16, 8:04 PM
    • 1,819 Posts
    • 1,106 Thanks
    SG27
    Ive been blocked from that Facebook post too. Bit shocked really I didnt say anything that bad just that I was disappointed.

I think this is the way vouchers will be from now on. With just a few released per day.

They cant block me from posting a review on the app store!
    Mortgage Debt: £93,537.48/£105,025 Feb 13
    Overpayments so far: £3,939.72
    • mum2one
    • By mum2one 16th Sep 16, 11:48 PM
    • 15,959 Posts
    • 59,423 Thanks
    mum2one
    yes MSe are noe promoting Bounts points.....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5526527
    16 crafts 2015 =10/16
    Sisters legacy -50 charitable acts 24/50
    Angel Baby Item, 25 hats,5 blankets, 20 prs booties, 4 sets of bonding squares, angel dress.
    Tackling the debt free life one day at a time xx
    RIP Dad, - Always love you, - He was 1 in a million xx
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 21st Sep 16, 1:36 PM
    • 2,084 Posts
    • 9,433 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    I have managed to get £5 of vouchers out of them so far after joining at the beginning of the year, ordered another £5 a few weeks ago and that hasn't turned up yet, have been trying to order another today that is "in stock" but doesn't add to the shopping cart. Not sure what the point of the app is without the rewards

The reward that I have spent an hour trying to add to my shopping cart using 3 different browsers and the app is now "out of stock".
    • kathy32
    • By kathy32 22nd Sep 16, 11:29 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    kathy32
    My first voucher ever was ordered in early March, back when they were still actually available. It took Bounts until early July to actually manage to deliver it! The first time they claimed that the voucher was returned to them undeliverable, even though my address was correct. The second time they claimed they did send it, but it must have been lost in mail. I finally received the voucher the third time. Every single email I sent, they waited at least 3 weeks to actually reply. I lost a lot of time and energy, chasing it up for months. Everything for a £5 voucher!

After that fiasco, and with the Facebook post about how wanting to actually get the rewards people were promised is greedy and selfish, I have decided to delete my account. It is absolutely not worth my time to spin the Reward Wheel and wait to get enough points for a reward that then will be available to maybe 1% of members, if they're very lucky. It's not only insulting but bordering on fraud to ask people to pay for a service and then call them greedy if they actually want the service delivered. The whole company, their customer service and the way they're treating their clients is beyond ridiculous. And blocking/deleting on Facebook? Just how childish can you be?

I was on a free account, so I didn't really lose anything. But lots of people are on premium accounts. I wish MSE would stop recommending a service that is happy to take people's money but is calling them greedy when they want something in return!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,383Posts Today

7,404Users online

Martin's Twitter