Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Gurberly
    • By Gurberly 19th Jan 16, 1:54 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 4Thanks
    Gurberly
    Whats happened to the ICICI bank Hi Save Saver Account
    • 19th Jan 16, 1:54 PM
    Whats happened to the ICICI bank Hi Save Saver Account 19th Jan 16 at 1:54 PM
    It’s no long listed on the MSE best buy easy access accounts
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest

But it is listed on the ThisIsMoney
    http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/article-1583859/Best-savings-rates-General-savings-Internet-branch.html

The ICICI site suggests the interest rate is still 1.65% has something else happened?
Page 1
    • colsten
    • By colsten 19th Jan 16, 5:07 PM
    • 8,717 Posts
    • 7,370 Thanks
    colsten
    • 19th Jan 16, 5:07 PM
    • 19th Jan 16, 5:07 PM
    The ICICI site suggests the interest rate is still 1.65% has something else happened?
    Originally posted by Gurberly
    May be it is still 1.65% for existing customers but this rate is no longer available to new customers. http://www.icicibank.co.uk/personal/hisave-accounts.page
    • Sim1211
    • By Sim1211 21st Jan 16, 6:07 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sim1211
    • 21st Jan 16, 6:07 PM
    ICICI Bank UK - Terrible Service
    • 21st Jan 16, 6:07 PM
    I opened a ICICI Hi Saver Account on 31 December and today 21 January I have closed it.
    Although, posting a fairly large sum into the account, I could not get access to it. I went through the usual call centre(7 calls) and emails to their problem department but 24 hours lapsed and I have still had absolutely no contact from this bank. I am willing to lose a very small amount of interest and go to another bank Paragon. I opened the account on line this afternoon and have already been told that the account is open and I can transfer money into it! I would not recommend ICICI Bank UK.
    • Mutton Geoff
    • By Mutton Geoff 14th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 866 Posts
    • 908 Thanks
    Mutton Geoff
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 5:05 PM
    Updating this thread since I see they are near top of the league in the easy access savings accounts again (now 1.25% though).

The sign up process is quite cumbersome compared to other banks, their pull down menus very old fashioned and amateurish and they don't allow any credit until your account is set up (two weeks) and they have taken £1 by direct debit to test the link between their account and yours.

After signing up they have sent about 6 emails, 3 identical asking me in the title to "please confirm the details of your linked account". The email has text in it confirming my details, some redacted (so how can I check they are correct), however there is no link as I was expecting to "confirm details". I rang them to ask how I should confirm details but they said as long as everything was OK in the email, then there was no need to contact them.

I explained that all but the last two digits of my account number and sort code were ** out so how would I know if they had correct details. They didn't understand the question.

Very nervous about depositing a large sum of money with them.

Any other experiences?
    Compensations/Refunds from Banks & Institutions - £4,165 | Stooz Profits - £7,636 | Quidco - £3,963

All with a big thank you to Martin and MSE.com from Mutton Geoff!
    • EdSwippet
    • By EdSwippet 14th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 545 Posts
    • 509 Thanks
    EdSwippet
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    • 14th Sep 17, 6:20 PM
    I had a decently sized sum with them back when the rate was 1.65%. The account setup process was a bit, er, unusual, but once up and running everything worked as expected.

I closed it out when the rate dropped below competitive, but not for any other reason.
    • Living proof
    • By Living proof 15th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 1,213 Posts
    • 7,948 Thanks
    Living proof
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    • 15th Sep 17, 2:21 PM
    I found them quite difficult to deal with and partially it was to do with understanding the language, the call centre people seemed rather obtuse and lacking in intuition. I withdrew most of my savings but have kept the account open just in case I need to use it again.
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    Mortgage and Debt Free. Unfortunately Pension Free too!
    • soulsaver
    • By soulsaver 19th Sep 17, 2:23 AM
    • 1,343 Posts
    • 449 Thanks
    soulsaver
    • 19th Sep 17, 2:23 AM
    • 19th Sep 17, 2:23 AM
    Some years ago I had a fixed term account with them. When they added the interest at the end of the term they paid simple rather than compound... so, make sure you are getting what you are expecting.
    There are 24 bottles of beer in a crate. There are 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

263Posts Today

1,297Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin