Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • paulstar
    • By paulstar 19th Jan 16, 11:18 AM
    • 178Posts
    • 103Thanks
    paulstar
    Bluecrest Health Screening
    • 19th Jan 16, 11:18 AM
    Bluecrest Health Screening 19th Jan 16 at 11:18 AM
    My wife has received an invitation to a health screening from someone called Bluecrest. I've done a forum search and can't find anything about them. Does anyone have experience of them? Why would they suddenly out of the blue send her an invitation? All seems rather odd.

EDIT - just read the smaller print - it's £129 for the screening. We will not be taking up their kind offer!

EDIT 2 - nobody replied so I guess it isn't a scam as such. But seems to me they want to charge for something you can get free from your GP. Maybe they're just trying to rope you in to buy health insurance from them or something like that.
    Last edited by paulstar; 19-01-2016 at 7:15 PM.
Page 1
    • Wright1
    • By Wright1 13th Jul 16, 8:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Wright1
    • 13th Jul 16, 8:17 PM
    Coincidental invite ?
    • 13th Jul 16, 8:17 PM
    I received an invite for a health check as well . I find it very suspicious as I
    Have just had a free nhs health check . As a result of the health check I was
    Advised by my gp to see a physio privately as it was a long wait on nhs .i asked him
    To refer me to nhs and I'd wait . It made me feel very awkward that he had made the assumption
    That I could afford private care ,which I can't . Bearing this in mind it made me very suspicious
    Receiving the blue crest personalised invitation .i searched online and found similar experiences .so dang gp,s today to express my concerns . They assured me that my data isn't shared .it all seems very suspicious to me though
    • EuniDoc
    • By EuniDoc 12th Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    EuniDoc
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    Bluecrest Health Screening
    • 12th Sep 17, 10:21 AM
    We took Bluecrest up on their offer for the screening, however after we done the tests, they contacted me to tell me that they could not do any of my tests so they have to reschedule which was then rescheduled for September (that is 2 months later) and by that time my husband received his report and half of the tests that we paid for were not done so his was rescheduled as well for September. We have now received a letter from them to say that they have now rescheduled the tests for November. I contacted them to request my money back and they won't refund as they say the tests have been done. What a scam, I have not received anything back from them and only half for my husband has been done.
    They are not reputable, do not book with Bluecrest. Its not worth it, rather get tests done elsewhere if you really have to
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,893Posts Today

6,135Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin