Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • milann
    • By milann 18th Jan 16, 11:00 PM
    • 1,345Posts
    • 5,883Thanks
    milann
    Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......
    • 18th Jan 16, 11:00 PM
    Milann's life keeps getting in the way....... 18th Jan 16 at 11:00 PM
    Been on these forums for some time now...........good intentions of being debt free and at target weight keep coming .....and going......and life just keeps getting in the way!!!

So it's time for a new diary to help keep me on track and push the excuses behind me and JUST DO IT....

My debt is down to £2,500 and if I'd have shaped myself I could have had it cleared but I didn't so I need to do that pronto......
    My car was written off in November so I need to do something about getting mobile again, I'm wary of getting a rust bucket as I've had money pits in the past but the cash the insurance company paid out will only get a heap again and I refuse to get finance till I've cleared off the 2 and a half grand.......

I've gone a bit (lot) mad and really splashed out on a weekend away for combined Christmas and birthday pressie for dh...... never paid so much to for a weekend away before but we're going to a concert. It's not until June so I have to save for that too.

SO this week I will
    1. Do storecupboard challenge
    2. Keep spending diary
    3. Follow Slimming World plan to get back to target 6LB to go - then I don't need to pay

Wish me luck on this last leg..............
Page 6
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jul 17, 3:02 PM
    • 46,585 Posts
    • 165,667 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sorry to read this Milan.
    Take care of you xx
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • milann
    • By milann 9th Jul 17, 9:24 PM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 5,883 Thanks
    milann
    Well my wrist is a lit better as lots more bruising has come out - it's still sore and I can't lift anything heavy but I suspect it's just fleshy tissue damage. The swelling on my face has gone down a lot but lol I look like I've done 10 rounds with Mike Tyson!
    My knee however is hot, still very swollen, numb and the best shades of deep purple and deep red I've seen in a long time. ive had bumps like this in the past but it's niggling me as everyone around me is panicking when they see it so I looked up nhs choices which suggests it might be a bleed on the knee and to take a trip to a&e.... However I just can't face sitting and waiting for hours on end as it isn't life threatening and a Sunday evening too. Ive spent enough time in hospital recently.So I've promised my dh I'll sit with it up and if it's still the same tomorrow I will go then, I might ring docs to see what they say.I'm hoping once the proper bruising starts to come out it'll sort itself. It certainly doesn't feel as if anything is broken (I've had enough breaks to know the difference) and I can walk on it and there are no red infection lines - plus I only finished over 2 weeks strong antibiotics on Friday so they should still be in my system. I should be back in work tomorrow too - I'll have to go in but keep off my foot as long as I can.
    Enough of my moaning and feeling sorry for myself. It's been a beautiful day here and I've been sitting in the garden plotting and planning which work to do next.
    The gates are ordered and will be fitted in August and we are still waiting on my friend to say when he can decorate - can't wait.
    Not done too well on spends - bought a take away yesterday - I hardly ever do that but I just CBA and ordered some new clothes for my dh today - he's lost weight and his shorts kept falling down -LOL enough to put you off your ice cream. My weight has shot up too since I've been off work - my smaller trousers I bought last year are so uncomfortable BUT tomorrow is a new day - line drawn on spending and eating and diary needed for both. Got to get out of feeling bleugh and get my positive head back on!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 9th Jul 17, 9:37 PM
    • 46,585 Posts
    • 165,667 Thanks
    beanielou
    Maybe it would be best if you dident go to work tomorrow.
    Take care.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • in need of direction
    • By in need of direction 9th Jul 17, 10:30 PM
    • 4,437 Posts
    • 24,813 Thanks
    in need of direction
    Have you iced it?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83 today £81,750.18, target £75,000 by 31/12/17 Offset fund today £3,975.43 target £5,500 by 31/12/17
    Emergency fund £5.5k & £200 cash.
    Current weight loss 1/34 by 28 feb 2018
    determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes.
    Progress not perfection.
    • milann
    • By milann 10th Jul 17, 5:07 PM
    • 1,345 Posts
    • 5,883 Thanks
    milann
    Yes I've iced it and taken anti inflamatories. It is still very swollen but the heat has gone from it - I've made an appointment at gp (mainly to stop dh and friend worrying) but since it's not an emergency it's a couple of weeks away.....so my reckoning is it'll either have sorted itself out by then and I can cancel or if it's still as swollen I can get it looked at. In between times if it goes worse and I can't walk on it I'll go to a&e....simples.

A good day spend wise and food wise. Only bought milk and food all accounted for in my sw diary ��
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,235Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin