Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • milann
    • By milann 18th Jan 16, 11:00 PM
    • 1,418Posts
    • 6,203Thanks
    milann
    Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......
    • 18th Jan 16, 11:00 PM
    Milann's life keeps getting in the way....... 18th Jan 16 at 11:00 PM
    Been on these forums for some time now...........good intentions of being debt free and at target weight keep coming .....and going......and life just keeps getting in the way!!!

So it's time for a new diary to help keep me on track and push the excuses behind me and JUST DO IT....

My debt is down to £2,500 and if I'd have shaped myself I could have had it cleared but I didn't so I need to do that pronto......
    My car was written off in November so I need to do something about getting mobile again, I'm wary of getting a rust bucket as I've had money pits in the past but the cash the insurance company paid out will only get a heap again and I refuse to get finance till I've cleared off the 2 and a half grand.......

I've gone a bit (lot) mad and really splashed out on a weekend away for combined Christmas and birthday pressie for dh...... never paid so much to for a weekend away before but we're going to a concert. It's not until June so I have to save for that too.

SO this week I will
    1. Do storecupboard challenge
    2. Keep spending diary
    3. Follow Slimming World plan to get back to target 6LB to go - then I don't need to pay

Wish me luck on this last leg..............
Page 11
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 6th Dec 17, 8:37 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,111 Thanks
    beanielou
    You could always check with HR?
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • Sun Addict
    • By Sun Addict 6th Dec 17, 8:42 PM
    • 4,734 Posts
    • 28,199 Thanks
    Sun Addict
    Can't believe you had to travel all that way to see OH. At least the next appointment will be nearer. My work OH was done over the phone when I broke my ankle.

It's good that you've got some decluttering/cleaning done, well done on that front

Glad you enjoyed your work do
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £20.70
    December 3 NSD
    Weight loss 2/7lbs
    Mr SA finally in remission December 2013
    • milann
    • By milann 8th Dec 17, 11:30 AM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 6,203 Thanks
    milann
    Well my tidy house didn't last long the carpenter had a 6 inch at least....shavings all over my new carpet that was fitted over the summer - I couldn't look and had to fasten myself in living room with big blankie around me to keep me warm. I had goosebumps on my goosebumps as he had the front door open all day as his tools and workbenches are in the garden. I'll forgive him though as he cleaned up after himself and the doors are looking good. Just need handles putting on now. Then he's coming back next week to do shelving - then ill have my project - it'll all need painting.

Got to go t the dentist at 2 to have tooth out - not looking forward to that - not looking forward to walking in the ice either. We've had the lightest covering of snow but it's looking as if it's frozen

Planning a any weekend and then ds is taking me out on Monday
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 8th Dec 17, 5:40 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,111 Thanks
    beanielou
    Hope dentist went ok.
    Take care xx

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • milann
    • By milann 13th Dec 17, 5:30 PM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 6,203 Thanks
    milann
    The dentist went ok thanks Beanie. The tooth I no more and the gaping big hole in my gum is ok as long as I watch I don't eat anything too hard that can stick in it . I walked there (down to 1 crutch now) and dh arranged his dinner time to pick me up. I slept on and off the rest of the day and I didn't venture out in the cold over the weekend. I'm on strong antibiotics to get rid of final bit of infection in my gum. So pleased this is hopefully at an end as I've been having repeated abcesses over a year now. Next problem is my false tooth which doesn't fit around the new gap in my mouth. Not sure if they can adjust it and add another tooth or if it'll be another set at over £200.....feel like in need to sing that song - all I want for Christmas is me 2 front teeth....

Had a good day on Monday ds picked me up and took me to the big shopping mall near me and treated me to dinner out. I was really pleased that managed to walk around with 1 crutch - and yes we took it easy with lots of rests, but it was right at the end of the day before my leg started to tremor - which it does when I'm tired. A big difference from a month ago when we were there for dh birthday meal and I just about managed with 2 crutches and couldn't stand for long with any weight on my leg.

Physios have been today and were really please do to see my progress. They aren't coming out anymore but given me exercises and I can access them if I need them but it's just time for the nerves to hopefully repair themselves.

I've been absolute rubbish food wise and the nice new small trousers I treated myself to last year don't fit anymore. I can't decide whether to go to SlimmingWorld- it's costing me the fiver to go now I'm out of my target range and because I can't drive until I'm given the go ahead from the hospital £6 in a taxi when I go. My head isn't in the right place at the mo so I might give it a miss and rejoin after Christmas...but I do enjoy the social side......

I've had my CC card statement £920 - if I pay it in full to get debt free it'll leave me totally skint until next payday- I think ill give myself a bit of slack and hang onto some cash for over Christmas. Meaning I'll be debt free some time next January......

I've got to get a couple of more Christmas presents. My dd and ds and her hubby are pains to get for - they've got their own homes and just get what they want when they want it. Dd gave me an idea but typically it's out of stock mad: All looking cheery with tree up and lights up in back garden where we can see them and just got to ice Christmas cake and make some mince pies. Then do big food shop as I've been running everything down to make space.

We've got workman in again tomorrow doing some shelving and a cupboard in silly shaped alcove. He put new internal doors in last week. Finally feel as I feel were getting there - kitchen will need some sort of revamp next year though but that can wait for now.
    Last edited by milann; 13-12-2017 at 5:33 PM.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 13th Dec 17, 6:27 PM
    • 49,047 Posts
    • 182,111 Thanks
    beanielou
    All sounding good

• milann
    • By milann 15th Dec 17, 9:09 PM
    • 1,418 Posts
    • 6,203 Thanks
    milann
    Shelving looks amazing - I'm really pleased with it. It needs painting now though but that can wait until after Christmas.

I had a busy day yesterday - I was so pleased that I managed to walk into our local town about an half hour walk for me usually - took me longer and I used my crutch. I had a good mooch around and there was a lovely atmosphere. I bought some tie backs for curtains id bought earlier in the year that need putting up once the shelving has been painted, some wrapping papers which were half price and some tops and trousers for littlest gdd again half price. I sat for lots of rests and got the bus back. I didn't carry anything heavy - it felt so good doing something by myself. I've been shattered today though.

A friend came around and took me for dinner - her treat and we just sat and chatted.....for a couple of hours.

Early night tonight after busy few days.

Night night
    Last edited by milann; Today at 9:11 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,661Posts Today

6,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• RT @thismorning: With his last deals of the year, @MartinSLewis wishes us all a 'very merry Christmas, a happy Hanukkah and a wonderful and?

• RT @stoneygran: @MartinSLewis I furtively used a pub toilet last night before getting on the bus and felt really guilty!

• Follow Martin