Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    • 67,660Posts
    • 124,664Thanks
    torbrex
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*
    • 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* 17th Jan 16 at 10:59 AM
    The old thread can be found here.

Please use this new thread to report any good finds in the Discount stores Aldi & Lidl.
    You can also report any not so good deals as a warning to others.

The Stollen bites and other xmas food was being given away FREE in my local Lidl this morning, plenty left and they want it shifted by next week.
Page 77
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 29th Jun 17, 8:32 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 12,513 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    My friend got blocked in her car in Aldi as this store, there are several cars that park on hatched yellow lines right by the trolley area because the car park is too small. It's a common occurrence. The manager couldn't care less. These drivers should be fined and car insurance companies should not pay out if car is damaged

This Aldi is the nearest one from us. Drive less than 6 miles and there are four others, with bigger car parks - one is in a retail park. I never use that Aldi in question because of the parking.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 4th Jul 17, 10:32 PM
    • 8,847 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    New products in Aldi...

- Falafel - two varieties in the chiller cabinets.

- Skyr - this has been popular at Lidl since it was introduced not that long ago. The Aldi version looks a little pricey - 49p for a small (150g?) pot.

- Pesto - the small jar has decreased in price to 79p, with a change in recipe and packaging. A new enormous 99p jar has been introduced. Never has so much Pesto been sold for so little to so many...

- US Style soda drinks (might be a short-term special buy). I have to say that I tried the Root Beer flavour and it's not that nice. Aldi are obviously keen on the 1L soft drinks for 30-40p as there are now 4 or 5 ranges.
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 04-07-2017 at 10:38 PM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • Stompa
    • By Stompa 4th Jul 17, 10:41 PM
    • 7,564 Posts
    • 3,653 Thanks
    Stompa
    New products in Aldi...

- Skyr - this has been popular at Lidl since it was introduced not that long ago. The Aldi version looks a little pricey - 49p for a small (150g?) pot.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    It's been in our Aldi for several months I think. A similar sized pot of Arla Skyr in the big supermarkets seems to be around 60p. I've never tried Skyr before, and having tried the Aldi version, I won't be doing so again!
    Stompa
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 4th Jul 17, 10:59 PM
    • 8,847 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    The Lidl one is very nice, with a good range of flavours (99p for 375g) and plain (89p for 375g).

The blueberry flavour is particularly intense.
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 4th Jul 17, 11:09 PM
    • 6,816 Posts
    • 12,513 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    The Lidl one is very nice, with a good range of flavours (99p for 375g) and plain (89p for 375g).

The blueberry flavour is particularly intense.
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    Love the raspberry one too
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 4th Jul 17, 11:30 PM
    • 8,847 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Love the raspberry one too
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Yes that's very nice with some extra fresh raspberries added.

The only flavour I haven't tried is the Vanilla. I shall have to give it a go.

• JIL
    • By JIL 4th Jul 17, 11:59 PM
    • 2,616 Posts
    • 18,032 Thanks
    JIL
    My new favourite ice cream in Lidl, panacota ice-cream on sticks. Delicious. I think it's £1.79 for four. Dark chocolate around a fruit sauce and panacota ice-cream with frozen berries in it. So tasty.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 5th Jul 17, 12:11 AM
    • 8,847 Posts
    • 8,213 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    Also caramel in the same range - basically exotic own-brand Magnums.

• PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 5th Jul 17, 4:48 PM
    • 564 Posts
    • 547 Thanks
    PLRFD
    Aldi's Clarke's 1866 Bourbon has changed branding a much better looking black lettered label,the grog itself does seem a little different a direct comparison between the old red lettered bottle and the new one tells me I like the old one a bit better but it's still excellent Bourbon for £11:49.
    • meer53
    • By meer53 5th Jul 17, 8:57 PM
    • 8,772 Posts
    • 12,743 Thanks
    meer53
    It's been in our Aldi for several months I think. A similar sized pot of Arla Skyr in the big supermarkets seems to be around 60p. I've never tried Skyr before, and having tried the Aldi version, I won't be doing so again!
    Originally posted by Stompa
    I love the Skyr yoghurts from Aldi. They're the same as the ones in Asda but half the price. It's just like a greek set yoghurt really.
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 5th Jul 17, 9:09 PM
    • 5,101 Posts
    • 6,508 Thanks
    A. Badger
    Beware the De Montbart champagne on special offer at Aldi just now. It is vile, sour rubbish. Aldi's usual own brand (I forget the name) is a much better buy if you are looking for a cheap champagne for a summer party.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 5th Jul 17, 10:25 PM
    • 2,602 Posts
    • 3,680 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Can anyone help me.

In Aldi about three years ago, they did boxes of marinade sachets in powder form. Got 3 per box. In different flavours like hot n spicy and bbq. Think they were 75-80p. I used these as Maggi's So Juicy with a pack of roasting bags which are 80-90p for 10 from B&M. So it cost 33-38p per meal.

They were seasonal as were designed to coat it with meat and grill or BBQ it. The boxes were near the dried herbs and packet mixes for casseroles. Worked superbly like the So Juicy

Do Aldi sell these or their version of So Juicy?
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    I remember those boxes of sachets. I think they did a BBQ; a Lemon & garlic; and another I can't recall. But no, I've not seen them for ages.
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 6th Jul 17, 11:44 AM
    • 8,625 Posts
    • 15,474 Thanks
    calleyw
    I remember those boxes of sachets. I think they did a BBQ; a Lemon & garlic; and another I can't recall. But no, I've not seen them for ages.
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    Don't they do them in a tin now. Sure I have seen tins like that over the freezer section in my local recently. Not something I would use.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
    • andygb
    • By andygb 7th Jul 17, 1:04 PM
    • 11,431 Posts
    • 24,398 Thanks
    andygb
    Beware the De Montbart champagne on special offer at Aldi just now. It is vile, sour rubbish. Aldi's usual own brand (I forget the name) is a much better buy if you are looking for a cheap champagne for a summer party.
    Originally posted by A. Badger

Have you tried the basic Cotes du Rhone and the sub £5 Chilean Pinot Noir from Aldi, I think they are really good value compared to similar wines from the other supermarkets.
    It is the Estevez PN
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 7th Jul 17, 3:35 PM
    • 22,895 Posts
    • 47,578 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Aldi's own brand white chocolate 30p / 100g bar is neither use nor ornament. Lidl's own, and even Sainsburys Basic are the same price and yet perfectly edible. Not the best white chocolate I have ever tasted, but fine for melting / cooking / sneaking the odd square.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • maman
    • By maman 7th Jul 17, 4:01 PM
    • 16,241 Posts
    • 96,953 Thanks
    maman
    Originally posted by A. Badger

I'd recommend Aldi's Cremant du Jura which is an excellent fizz made by the champagne method. I love the stuff, it's cooling in the fridge right now!

P.S. £7.49 IIRC.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 8th Jul 17, 9:02 AM
    • 22,895 Posts
    • 47,578 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'd recommend Aldi's Cremant du Jura which is an excellent fizz made by the champagne method. I love the stuff, it's cooling in the fridge right now!

P.S. £7.49 IIRC.
    Originally posted by maman
    This has been recomended several times on the forum. Is it ever on offer?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • maman
    • By maman 8th Jul 17, 12:12 PM
    • 16,241 Posts
    • 96,953 Thanks
    maman
    This has been recomended several times on the forum. Is it ever on offer?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse

Probably by me.

I've never seen it on offer but, in my experience, Aldi rarely do offers on regular stock just markdown specials occasionally.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 9th Jul 17, 2:31 PM
    • 6,800 Posts
    • 3,007 Thanks
    buglawton
    St Etienne vs Rheinbacher (Warwickshire brewed to German beer purity rules) 500ml canned lager. Rheinbacher wins with richer flavour and is less bloaty on the digestion, bargain at 75p but they're loose not in packs.
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 9th Jul 17, 2:33 PM
    • 6,800 Posts
    • 3,007 Thanks
    buglawton
    Have you tried the basic Cotes du Rhone and the sub £5 Chilean Pinot Noir from Aldi, I think they are really good value compared to similar wines from the other supermarkets.
    It is the Estevez PN
    Originally posted by andygb
    Neither available an my main store today, in fact only about 7 varieties of red were which is typical.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,182Posts Today

9,170Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin