Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    • 67,660Posts
    • 124,659Thanks
    torbrex
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*
    • 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* 17th Jan 16 at 10:59 AM
    The old thread can be found here.

Please use this new thread to report any good finds in the Discount stores Aldi & Lidl.
    You can also report any not so good deals as a warning to others.

The Stollen bites and other xmas food was being given away FREE in my local Lidl this morning, plenty left and they want it shifted by next week.
Page 61
    • Shrimply
    • By Shrimply 15th Mar 17, 11:17 AM
    • 813 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    Shrimply
    I wish they would have an explicit link on the website, I find it a complete waste of time to navigate.
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    In fairness, when they are uploaded on time the online leaflets are great. I find Aldi's website a nightmare to navigate around these days with different special buys hidden away in various sections.
    • just trying
    • By just trying 15th Mar 17, 11:58 AM
    • 750 Posts
    • 2,719 Thanks
    just trying
    Any idea what this weekends offers at Lidl are? The online leaflet is for 9th-15th March.

I wish they would have an explicit link on the website, I find it a complete waste of time to navigate.
    It's nappies and 4 pack of baby wipes. https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=73&week=1&ar=4
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER 098
    WILL SAVE ATLEAST £500!.
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 15th Mar 17, 1:38 PM
    • 23,575 Posts
    • 49,345 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    It's nappies and 4 pack of baby wipes. https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/Offers.htm?id=73&week=1&ar=4
    Originally posted by just trying
    Thanks. Not such a super weekend then (for me).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Lucyxx
    • By Lucyxx 15th Mar 17, 6:58 PM
    • 2,948 Posts
    • 6,708 Thanks
    Lucyxx
    In fairness, when they are uploaded on time the online leaflets are great. I find Aldi's website a nightmare to navigate around these days with different special buys hidden away in various sections.
    Originally posted by Shrimply
    I always check the special buys by clicking on shop by date now as otherwise it is so hard to navigate through things that have already been and gone. I've been checking on and off all day to see when they will upload the Sunday and Thursday coming offers (I need to get out more!)
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 16th Mar 17, 2:35 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,890 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    I always check the special buys by clicking on shop by date now as otherwise it is so hard to navigate through things that have already been and gone. I've been checking on and off all day to see when they will upload the Sunday and Thursday coming offers (I need to get out more!)
    Originally posted by Lucyxx
    Lately, it's always been Thursday when they have updated. The Aldi Specialbuys for Sunday are cycling and childrenswear, for next Thursday it's laundry and bathroom. Quite a few items already sold out online.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys#
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • ljonski
    • By ljonski 27th Mar 17, 12:57 PM
    • 3,217 Posts
    • 3,339 Thanks
    ljonski
    Don#t Aldi sell coffee jars anymore?
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 27th Mar 17, 1:54 PM
    • 23,575 Posts
    • 49,345 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Don#t Aldi sell coffee jars anymore?
    Originally posted by ljonski
    Red?

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 29th Mar 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    Aldi fresh whole chicken cook in its bag, I tried this really as I have a new oven and want to keep it clean!
    The most tender beautiful chicken I have any tasted.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 29th Mar 17, 7:39 PM
    • 6,315 Posts
    • 19,227 Thanks
    Doc N
    Aldi fresh whole chicken cook in its bag, I tried this really as I have a new oven and want to keep it clean!
    Originally posted by luvchocolate
    Does the skin crisp in the bag, though?
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 29th Mar 17, 9:02 PM
    • 5,131 Posts
    • 6,532 Thanks
    A. Badger
    Originally posted by luvchocolate
    But who wants to cook a chicken in plastic? There are too many question marks over plastic food packaging already without taking more risks.
    • robin58
    • By robin58 29th Mar 17, 10:17 PM
    • 1,860 Posts
    • 1,881 Thanks
    robin58
    But who wants to cook a chicken in plastic? There are too many question marks over plastic food packaging already without taking more risks.
    Originally posted by A. Badger
    There are many things in life that can be questioned but does that stop us taking the risks.

Unless you are going to eat this chicken everyday of the week, I don't think it will kill you. But the billions and billions of germs and viruses in the air might.

A big picture fear squeezed into a tighly focused point.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • VeGGie-STyLe
    • By VeGGie-STyLe 29th Mar 17, 10:27 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 174 Thanks
    VeGGie-STyLe
    I found Milkyway Magic Stars for 69p in my local Aldi today
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 30th Mar 17, 11:05 AM
    • 1,466 Posts
    • 1,323 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    Does the skin crisp in the bag, though?
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Yes just open the bag for the last 15 mins of cooking.
    • Feral Moon
    • By Feral Moon 31st Mar 17, 9:35 AM
    • 2,697 Posts
    • 3,925 Thanks
    Feral Moon
    Can someone remind me please what Aldi's policy is on returning part used goods if you're not satisfied with them?

I really can't get on with the new Lacura face cream with Argan oil. Even using the tiniest smidgeon makes my face feel slimy and oily not long after applying it and forget trying to wear any make up on top of it.
    • dlusman
    • By dlusman 31st Mar 17, 9:50 AM
    • 2,170 Posts
    • 4,161 Thanks
    dlusman
    Any idea what this weekends offers at Lidl are? The online leaflet is for 9th-15th March.

They do . its in the "online leaflets" in the top right hand corner of the home page - alongside "store finder","newsletter" & "Social"

From this link they will always have at least 2 weeks of leaflets ( as long as you have a home store selected )
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 31st Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    • 23,575 Posts
    • 49,345 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    They do . its in the "online leaflets" in the top right hand corner of the home page - alongside "store finder","newsletter" & "Social"

From this link they will always have at least 2 weeks of leaflets ( as long as you have a home store selected )
    Originally posted by dlusman
    Its too much of a faff to go through the online leaflets that could be solved by a basic adjustment to the webpages. Thankfully they are now featuring prominently on the weekly alerts.

I was v pleasantly surprised by the Aldi plums on offer for the previous fortnight. They actually ripened, and were delicious at 5p each.

• prenton01
    • By prenton01 31st Mar 17, 12:40 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    prenton01
    Merino wool Mid layers in from thursday

Great bit of clothing, i have the same but base layers for my hiking and climbing in winter and swear by them
    Hi there! We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 31st Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,890 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Can someone remind me please what Aldi's policy is on returning part used goods if you're not satisfied with them?

I really can't get on with the new Lacura face cream with Argan oil. Even using the tiniest smidgeon makes my face feel slimy and oily not long after applying it and forget trying to wear any make up on top of it.
    Originally posted by Feral Moon
    Take it back with your receipt, if you have it, within 60 days. There is a no quibble policy with unsatisfactory goods.
    I've not had to do this very often, once only I think, but when I did it went through without argument.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 31st Mar 17, 8:41 PM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,890 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    Today I was able to get to a Lidl - I last went in one about 4 years ago, I think, before our Aldi opened. There isn't one that is easy for me to get to, but I've joined a shopper's group that has a regular minibus.

Well, they have upgraded, haven't they? A lovely in store bakery, an unbelievable amount of fresh fruit and veg and some smashing reductions on special offers.
    There were a number of things that Lidl stock as standard that Aldi only stock as specials or not at all -and one vice versa. I'm sure there are others. . To be fair their store is larger than my Aldi.

Rollmops.. Salamis .. Lidl had them in abundance. Ready to use chopped chillis and chopped garlic, get in! I use these a lot.

What they didn't have - surprisingly - was Danish bread, though a very acceptable 400g seeded loaf was a decent substitute.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 31st Mar 17, 9:07 PM
    • 2,065 Posts
    • 8,519 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    The Towergate digestive biscuits from Lidl have changed
    They are now bigger in size and not as tasty.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.
    Cryin won't help you, prayin won't do you no good.

Walk 2000 3000 miles in 2017 - 2701.5
    This week 69.7
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,296Posts Today

8,384Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin