Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • torbrex
    • By torbrex 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    • 67,660Posts
    • 124,664Thanks
    torbrex
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*
    • 17th Jan 16, 10:59 AM
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please* 17th Jan 16 at 10:59 AM
    The old thread can be found here.

Please use this new thread to report any good finds in the Discount stores Aldi & Lidl.
    You can also report any not so good deals as a warning to others.

The Stollen bites and other xmas food was being given away FREE in my local Lidl this morning, plenty left and they want it shifted by next week.
Page 59
    • prenton01
    • By prenton01 7th Mar 17, 7:52 AM
    • 162 Posts
    • 73 Thanks
    prenton01
    The Aldi anti dandruff shampoo

Just awful used it for a month could feel big clumps of dandruff on my scalp made me vert itchy switched back to Head and Shoulders and relief within a few days

Shame really as so much cheaper
    No Unapproved or Personal links in signatures please - FT3
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 7th Mar 17, 12:48 PM
    • 22,920 Posts
    • 47,652 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Is Lidl having any offers this weekend?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Shrimply
    • By Shrimply 7th Mar 17, 1:09 PM
    • 804 Posts
    • 418 Thanks
    Shrimply

Just awful used it for a month could feel big clumps of dandruff on my scalp made me vert itchy switched back to Head and Shoulders and relief within a few days

Originally posted by prenton01
    I use this and have had no issues at all, although I did much prefer the sensitive version which they stopped selling.
    • treboeth
    • By treboeth 7th Mar 17, 2:33 PM
    • 809 Posts
    • 879 Thanks
    treboeth
    Is Lidl having any offers this weekend?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    Yes
    Super Weekend Up To 50% 12th-11th March
    Bardolino Classico DOC 75CL £2.99
    Purio Heavy Duty Refuse Sacks 10 Pack 99p
    Floralys Kitchen Towels 4 Rolls 99p
    Dulano Bavarian Bratwurst 300g 99p
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 7th Mar 17, 5:10 PM
    • 22,920 Posts
    • 47,652 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Yes
    Super Weekend Up To 50% 12th-11th March
    Bardolino Classico DOC 75CL £2.99
    Purio Heavy Duty Refuse Sacks 10 Pack 99p
    Floralys Kitchen Towels 4 Rolls 99p
    Dulano Bavarian Bratwurst 300g 99p
    Originally posted by treboeth
    Nothing to trouble myself with then. Although the Floralys is a good deal, I paid a fair bit for Plenty not so long ago.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 7th Mar 17, 5:55 PM
    • 9,782 Posts
    • 23,840 Thanks
    suki1964

Originally posted by prenton01
    I have seb derm and head and shoulders is the only shampoo I can use for any length of time. Regardless is a non brand contains the same active ingredients

Same with fairy, Persil and Sensodyne , I pay for those
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • ScarletMarble
    • By ScarletMarble 7th Mar 17, 9:34 PM
    • 6,827 Posts
    • 12,530 Thanks
    ScarletMarble
    How so? Price increases are primarily related to the drop in the value of the pound, and to rising raw materials costs (such as milk). And they're happening across all supermarket groups in the UK - it's not that the price war is over, it's simply that supermarkets prefer to make profits rather than losses.
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Remember the world buys oil with the U.S. dollar
    • robin58
    • By robin58 7th Mar 17, 9:51 PM
    • 1,654 Posts
    • 1,592 Thanks
    robin58
    Remember the world buys oil with the U.S. dollar
    Originally posted by ScarletMarble
    Maybe but the10% price increases on products in Sainsburys is not all up to an increase in oil prices.

Oil price is only a small part in a multifaceted product cost.
    Last edited by robin58; 07-03-2017 at 10:37 PM.
    The more I live, the more I learn.
    The more I learn, the more I grow.
    The more I grow, the more I see.
    The more I see, the more I know.
    The more I know, the more I see,
    How little I know.!!
    • suki1964
    • By suki1964 7th Mar 17, 10:25 PM
    • 9,782 Posts
    • 23,840 Thanks
    suki1964
    Chicken feed was up today as well
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 7th Mar 17, 11:56 PM
    • 534 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    robrymond
    How so? Price increases are primarily related to the drop in the value of the pound, and to rising raw materials costs (such as milk). And they're happening across all supermarket groups in the UK - it's not that the price war is over, it's simply that supermarkets prefer to make profits rather than losses.
    The drop in pound is rubbish. We're at the same level we had several years ago. Some people seem to have rose tinted specs thinking the Euro and $ were always much higher but we've had bad periods in the past decade.

As for the milk rises, we were told all of last year that there was too much milk and farmers were getting a raw deal. Last I heard we still had plenty of milk but suddenly diary prices are shooting up again. I'm presuming milk has risen in price but why the sudden panic when we spent most of last year worrying how to consume the stuff!
    • buglawton
    • By buglawton 8th Mar 17, 7:56 AM
    • 6,802 Posts
    • 3,007 Thanks
    buglawton
    Lidl oat & fruit biscuits the round ones - sweet to the point of not having any flavour. Must about 30% sugar.
    • redfox
    • By redfox 8th Mar 17, 8:06 AM
    • 11,962 Posts
    • 34,505 Thanks
    redfox
    while it’s easy to wander off-topic that could stop newbies finding the information they want quickly and easily (please see the forum rule) so please keep this thread on topic. If you’d like to discuss non-MoneySaving related topics please continue your discussion in The MoneySavers Arms or Discussion Time. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

Please keep this thread just for posting about the good/bad buys from Aldi & Lidl, thanks.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Quick Grabbit, Food Shopping & Groceries, Shop but don't drop, Loans and Cutting Tax boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and merge threads there. Pease remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this) Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• maman
    • By maman 8th Mar 17, 12:10 PM
    • 16,251 Posts
    • 97,023 Thanks
    maman
    I have seb derm and head and shoulders is the only shampoo I can use for any length of time. Regardless is a non brand contains the same active ingredients

Same with fairy, Persil and Sensodyne , I pay for those
    Originally posted by suki1964

Sensodyne is available in Aldi. (Just thought I ought to mention a good buy from Aldi).

But more so in some than others. All supermarkets need to make a profit but profiteering is different. Some are taking advantage of across the board rises in commodities to sneak in some additional rises in the hope that shoppers are too busy, lazy or stupid to notice.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 8th Mar 17, 1:12 PM
    • 8,869 Posts
    • 8,239 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    I had a voucher for Morrisons, so I thought I'd try their Decaffeinated Instant Coffee instead of my usual Lidl/Bellarom one.

The Lidl one is far, far superior - nearly as good as the properly expensive branded coffee, and a fraction of the price (was £1.29 for 100g the last time I bought it). I definitely recommend it, and don't be put off if it's still ridiculously cheap.

Hmm... mysupermarket is saying £1.09 and out of stock.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • robrymond
    • By robrymond 9th Mar 17, 1:34 AM
    • 534 Posts
    • 128 Thanks
    robrymond
    One thing I noticed is that Aldi currently have no own label toothpaste. They just currently have Colgate for 79p and Sensodyne.
    • mcculloch29
    • By mcculloch29 9th Mar 17, 2:08 AM
    • 4,558 Posts
    • 44,794 Thanks
    mcculloch29
    The decaff ground coffee is finally back in stock in my Aldi (200g silvery blue packet, £1.69) after being MIA for quite some time.

Something new - little cube packs of frozen herbs, they only had chilli left in my store. 89p

The tomato puree has been repackaged, black background tubes now, not white, red, green -tubes are 37p. Think these have crept up a bit in price since last year.

A heads up for one of the nicest chilled ready meals out, a proper hot Chicken Jalfrezi, bay leaf in with the lovely rice, big chunks of chicken and just £1.49.

I fancied making a milk jelly (my mum called it mousse) the other day. Hartley's jelly in Tesc0 is 54p, raspberry, strawberry or orange in Aldi is 32p. Tesco no longer seem to make an own brand 'make your own' jelly.
    Tesco evaporated milk 410g is 55p, Carnation £1.20, Aldi is 49p.
    Erma Bombeck, American writer: "If I had my life to live over again... I would have burned the pink candle, sculptured like a rose, that melted in storage." Don't keep things 'for best' - that day never comes. Use them and enjoy them now.
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 9th Mar 17, 8:42 AM
    • 8,869 Posts
    • 8,239 Thanks
    Cornucopia
    ... Decaffeinated Instant Coffee ... Lidl/Bellarom ...
    Originally posted by Cornucopia
    Plenty in stock at Lidl, but predictably now £1.39. Still much cheaper and better than similar products elsewhere (£1.85 seems to be the going rate for the big supermarkets).
    I'm a Board Guide on the Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    The Money Savers Arms and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
    • just trying
    • By just trying 11th Mar 17, 12:35 AM
    • 740 Posts
    • 2,697 Thanks
    just trying
    The decaff ground coffee is finally back in stock in my Aldi (200g silvery blue packet, £1.69) after being MIA for quite some time.

Something new - little cube packs of frozen herbs, they only had chilli left in my store. 89p

The tomato puree has been repackaged, black background tubes now, not white, red, green -tubes are 37p. Think these have crept up a bit in price since last year.

A heads up for one of the nicest chilled ready meals out, a proper hot Chicken Jalfrezi, bay leaf in with the lovely rice, big chunks of chicken and just £1.49.

I fancied making a milk jelly (my mum called it mousse) the other day. Hartley's jelly in Tesc0 is 54p, raspberry, strawberry or orange in Aldi is 32p. Tesco no longer seem to make an own brand 'make your own' jelly.
    Tesco evaporated milk 410g is 55p, Carnation £1.20, Aldi is 49p.
    Originally posted by mcculloch29
    The ground coffee has been back for a while in mine, the cubes of frozen herbs have been available for a long time in my store.

They have tins of millicano, copy in my store £2.29 or less. My oh only drinks carte noire and my ds only Aldi latte sachets work.
    SEALED POT CHALLENGE MEMBER 098
    WILL SAVE ATLEAST £500!.
    • KxMx
    • By KxMx 11th Mar 17, 2:34 PM
    • 7,050 Posts
    • 9,799 Thanks
    KxMx
    Got 2 250ml Ladies Dove deodorants at £3 on multi buy, great price.

Also the 4pk kitchen roll on weekend special, thanks to earlier poster.

The £1.09 small cheeses are gone, now £1.35 in a more limited variety. Didn't seem to do Red Leicester but did have the bigger size at a good price £1.75.

Very disappointingly the cheese and chive waffle snacks were gone, seemed to be replaced with cheese and chive party mix.

Same size & price but sadly not suitable for me.
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 11th Mar 17, 10:39 PM
    • 6,199 Posts
    • 19,131 Thanks
    Doc N
    None of the Cravendale-style fresh filtered milk at all in Lidl today - they haven't dropped that as well from the range, have they?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,500Posts Today

7,738Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin