Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 59
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 27th Nov 17, 8:03 AM
    • 7,561 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Follow the instructions on here endlessly repeated and contact the WRT - provided what they have done is wrong, which may not be the case judging by what you wrote on another thread.
    • Maria White
    • By Maria White 27th Nov 17, 5:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Maria White
    Hello I have completed the contact us form and this is my reference - 17494361.
    • rickmartelspump
    • By rickmartelspump 9th Dec 17, 1:07 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rickmartelspump
    Huge Vodafone issue
    Hello all,

Browsing these forums for years but I’m now at the point where I need much needed advice.

It’s the dreaded Vodafone.

I Flexi Upgraded (numbers have been made up for obvious reasons) 07393949458 on 21/10/2017 and cancelled it due to not being impressed with handset. It was cancelled by Vodafone on 27/10/2017. BUT, due to an error, my order EDM-0000000124795801 was cancelled due to error which messed up the whole situation as the handset had been delivered to me.

We called up 28/10/2017 and an advisor then cancelled 07393949458 upgrade; or so I thought. I later learned the advisor had cancelled 07766415946’s upgrade (upgraded separate number a week before), when it was at no point requested as discussing number ending 458. So added stress trying to resolve the 07766414946 upgrade. Several phone calls and live chats later, we are still nowhere. We returned the 458 cancelled upgrade to store on 30th October and again told that no cancellation has been raised for 458, but only 946; which is incorrect as didn’t request cancellation of that number.

Today the charge of £475.34 still remains on my account. . My anxiety levels are off the scale all because Vodafone could not perform a simple task.

Update as of 03/11/2017: Number ending 458 disconnected resulting in calls being rejected. Contract cancellation was not requested. Flexi Upgrade cancellation was. Very angry.

Update as of 07/11/2017 Took 24 hours to reconnect 07393949458. My discount was removed, and my Flexi Upgrade was not added back on. Numerous chat advisors ‘promised’ it had been resolved but it hasn’t. There is also a random £21.95 charge against that number on my bill.

Complaint was raised on 7th November as was offered as goodwill the “removal” of the returned upgrade cost £475.34 and £75 as a sorry. Swiftly rejected this as the £475.34 was meant to be removed anyway, so hardly doing me a favour. It was sent to a “deadlock review” and told would receive letter within 21 days.

Nothing was received and a follow up email yesterday was then followed up with the same email I received prior to deadlock; offering me £75 and if not acceptable it will go to a deadlock review.

I am so frustrated as foreign based advisers do not understand me or my issues. Excuse the grammar it was literally a copy and paste job from my notes.

Please help I don’t know who to turn to as repeating myself to Vodafone every day. Nothing has been resolved.
    Last edited by rickmartelspump; 09-12-2017 at 1:14 PM.
    • rickmartelspump
    • By rickmartelspump 9th Dec 17, 1:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rickmartelspump
    Vodafone issue
    Hello all,

Browsing these forums for years but I’m now at the point where I need much needed advice.

It’s the dreaded Vodafone.

I Flexi Upgraded (numbers have been made up for obvious reasons) 07393949458 on 21/10/2017 and cancelled it due to not being impressed with handset. It was cancelled by Vodafone on 27/10/2017. BUT, due to an error, my order EDM-0000000124795801 was cancelled due to error which messed up the whole situation as the handset had been delivered to me.

We called up 28/10/2017 and an advisor then cancelled 07393949458 upgrade; or so I thought. I later learned the advisor had cancelled 07766415946’s upgrade (upgraded separate number a week before), when it was at no point requested as discussing number ending 458. So added stress trying to resolve the 07766414946 upgrade. Several phone calls and live chats later, we are still nowhere. We returned the 458 cancelled upgrade to store on 30th October and again told that no cancellation has been raised for 458, but only 946; which is incorrect as didn’t request cancellation of that number.

Today the charge of £475.34 still remains on my account. . My anxiety levels are off the scale all because Vodafone could not perform a simple task.

Update as of 03/11/2017: Number ending 458 disconnected resulting in calls being rejected. Contract cancellation was not requested. Flexi Upgrade cancellation was. Very angry.

Update as of 07/11/2017 Took 24 hours to reconnect 07393949458. My discount was removed, and my Flexi Upgrade was not added back on. Numerous chat advisors ‘promised’ it had been resolved but it hasn’t. There is also a random £21.95 charge against that number on my bill.

Complaint was raised on 7th November as was offered as goodwill the “removal” of the returned upgrade cost £475.34 and £75 as a sorry. Swiftly rejected this as the £475.34 was meant to be removed anyway, so hardly doing me a favour. It was sent to a “deadlock review” and told would receive letter within 21 days.

Nothing was received and a follow up email yesterday was then followed up with the same email I received prior to deadlock; offering me £75 and if not acceptable it will go to a deadlock review.

I am so frustrated as foreign based advisers do not understand me or my issues. Excuse the grammar it was literally a copy and paste job from my notes.

Please help I don’t know who to turn to as repeating myself to Vodafone every day. Nothing has been resolved.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 9th Dec 17, 2:27 PM
    • 7,561 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    You should follow the repeated advice on the main Vodafone Complaints thread to contact the WRT. Once you go to the Ombudsman they can't help.
    Last edited by mobilejunkie; 09-12-2017 at 5:49 PM.
    • rickmartelspump
    • By rickmartelspump 9th Dec 17, 2:39 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rickmartelspump
    Just found the thread. Thank you!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Dec 17, 2:58 PM
    • 33,977 Posts
    • 17,908 Thanks
    Quentin
    Get the deadlock review over and then if still unhappy follow the escalation procedure
    • rickmartelspump
    • By rickmartelspump 9th Dec 17, 4:04 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rickmartelspump
    Get the deadlock review over and then if still unhappy follow the escalation procedure
    Originally posted by Quentin
    That's the problem, it was sent for deadlock review November 11th. Chased it up and yesterday received same response prior to deadlock stating £75 or if not happy, it will go to deadlock!
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 9th Dec 17, 4:30 PM
    • 33,977 Posts
    • 17,908 Thanks
    Quentin
    Ask them to issue the deadlock letter
    • hammad ahmad
    • By hammad ahmad 12th Dec 17, 12:15 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    hammad ahmad
    Msf - lee
    Hi Lee,

I have sent my details via the form. can you kindly take a look and help please.

WRT135 [#17609549]

Thanks,

Hammad.
    • xskullx
    • By xskullx 15th Dec 17, 9:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    xskullx
    Hello

I am having some bad issues with my Vodafone account. These have been on-going for many, many months. I have spent at least an hour on the phone trying to resolve everything and have made in advance of 30 calls in the past 3 months.

I now see Vodafone have applied 2 late marks on my credit file. I was advised not to make payment by an advisor as Vodafone owed me £500 in wrongful data charges (it gets complicated here). However, they eventually reimbursed me after I got in contact with Nick Jefferys office.

I am now unable to take out a mortgage or a business loan.

We are in deadlock and I am taking things to the financial ombudsman to try to get my late marks on the credit file corrected. Can someone please offer me advise moving forward with this? Past experience that you may have in a similar situation would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th Dec 17, 8:38 AM
    • 7,561 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Yes. You haven't failed the constant and repeated advise on here over YEARS and once you GO to the Ombudsman the advice will be forfeit. Of course, you could always sue.
    • prefdavid
    • By prefdavid 19th Dec 17, 9:31 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    prefdavid
    I have had a small problem over the last few months regarding one of the smart phones our company was advised to purchase. I had contacted Customer Sevices on a few occasions, taken the offending phone into a store for the Technical Expert to fix and all to no avail.

The problem was this device was just not fit for purpose but as it took more than 30 days for the problem to be evident, the attitude from Customer Services was "Computer says No!"

So rather than go through the tedious process of submitting the form recommended on here, I wrote a polite email directly to Mr. Jeffrey last Thursday and received a call from his offices yesterday and all is resolved.

I appreciate this might not always be the right approach but it certainly seems to be a much more effective way of getting a resolution than is evidenced by the many cases posted on here.
    • Pitshanger
    • By Pitshanger 19th Dec 17, 2:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pitshanger
    Ref 17661243
    Is there such a thing as recognition of customer loyalty within Vodafone’s operating manual ?

I have been a Vodafone customer for circa 18 years without break. Some months ago I noticed that my account page on Vodafone would not show me any upgrade options - pressure of life dictated that I did not immediately pursue this. Some weeks ago I tried to purchase home broadband from Vodafone but each time I completed the form it purely recycled, with my having to log on again.

I called your help line and was informed that I was not a Vodafone customer ! rather a customer of OneCom who I had never heard of; notwithstanding the operator refused to assist me further.

I researched OneCom and made contact with them - they eventually, with some reluctance, promised to transfer my account back to Vodafone and I received a subsequent text message on December 11 to state Vodafone would be managing my account from December 08, 2017.

Today I tried again to arrange broadband and am still unable to do so.

After 18 years one would have thought that Vodafone would have had the courtesy to let me know they no longer required me as a customer; but I would still like to arrange broadband and upgrade my mobile telephone package.I have been with Vodafone for 18 years ........ is there such a thing as recognition of customer loyalty within Vodafone’s operating model ?
    • seanyshow
    • By seanyshow 27th Dec 17, 4:17 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    seanyshow
    #17704249 caselogged

Contact cancelled in 2015 no late payments, no outstanding monies owed. Just a normal contract that finished. Account is closed ut still showing as active on credit file 2 years on. Been to the store twice, contact customers services 3 times and emailed once. Getting nowhere.
    Last edited by seanyshow; 27-12-2017 at 4:19 PM. Reason: added detail
    • Gramsci
    • By Gramsci 5th Jan 18, 2:42 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gramsci
    Having (at long last) received a deadlock letter from Vodafone, I'm now drafting a complaint to the Ombudsman.

To be brief, Vodafone have charged me for a two hour continuous call from my mobile to a number in the USA. I did not make this call and have never made an international call from my mobile. I went down the usual complaints path, online chats and telephone conversations with advisers, who, without any prompting, offered a 25% and then 50% reduction in the call charge (the charge was in excess of £250).

I have had two previous experiences where my Vodafone account details have been used for fraudulent purposes and I have made it clear that I want this case properly investigated. I have restated that I did not make this call and am not interested in 'goodwill' gestures. So far Vodafone have simply said that the call is on their system as having come from my phone and that no fraud was involved.

I have learnt from other websites and via conversation with corporate IT consultants that my experience is not unique. I also understand that BBC Radio 4's "You and Yours" has also been sent a number of cases similar to mine.

Has anyone here experienced charges from Vodafone for calls they didn't make? I'd appreciate any advice or thoughts. Thanks.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 5th Jan 18, 3:59 PM
    • 7,561 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    My advice is simple; follow the repeated instructions on here and try the WRT first. Once you go to the Ombudsman (which may be more syumpathetic to the network than the customer) you can't.
    • Gramsci
    • By Gramsci 5th Jan 18, 4:12 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gramsci
    Thanks mobilejunkie.

The deadlock letter received from customer services acknowledges that we have failed to agree. They are still offering the 50% reduction, so it looks as though the Ombudsman is now the only show in town.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 5th Jan 18, 5:27 PM
    • 7,561 Posts
    • 2,386 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Not sure about that. If it were me I would rty the WRT - and wouldn't have tried more than one phone call through normal channels. Once you make a complaint to the Ombudsman the WRT can't help and I have little faith in Ombudsman generally.
    • Gramsci
    • By Gramsci 5th Jan 18, 6:47 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gramsci
    I went through their online complaints procedure. At least 4 online chats, numerous emails and 3 phone calls with advisers, with the final one referring the complaint to the deadlock team. The deadlock letter I received was from customers relations directors office. Despite the advisers accepting no one in their right mind would make a continuous two hour call to the US from a UK mobile, they insist that it was made from my phone. Under the circumstances the Ombudsman seems the only option.

Thanks for the advice.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,782Posts Today

6,510Users online

Martin's Twitter