Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 57
    • makemesumdosh
    • By makemesumdosh 29th Sep 17, 8:23 PM
    • 307 Posts
    • 88 Thanks
    makemesumdosh
    roll on Dec,
    SIMO on SKY
    £5 a month for its TV customers
    • fedup_withvodafone
    • By fedup_withvodafone 2nd Oct 17, 12:06 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    fedup_withvodafone
    Just wanted to point out it's been quite a while and nobody got back to me as of yet. I heard wonders about Lee but seems like he's just as interested as his colleagues at the "Customer Service" team?
    Really disappointing.
    • ashnojutsu
    • By ashnojutsu 3rd Oct 17, 10:26 PM
    • 110 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    ashnojutsu

Hope to get a response sooner rather than later.
    • Ukparis
    • By Ukparis 5th Oct 17, 11:20 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ukparis
    Fraud
    Vodafone decided to try and sneakily add there vodafone guard onto my account.

I never gave permission and I certainly never would it takes 6 hours of phone calls to get them to do simple tasks but yet without my permission can do anything in seconds.

I have two contracts one of which I can’t even use but Vodafone still insist on charging me, but this month out of the kindness of there heart they have given me £5 back, utterly disgusted and outraged 2 months been into shops and tried online to get a SIM card to work for my inaccessible number.

I have already raised the issue and am waiting for the ombesman to deal with them as it is the only way, ofcom don’t deal with single complaints but with all the complaints about just 1 company isn’t it time they had there licence to trade in this country revoked?

They don’t even follow uk consumer law and try to wriggle out of anything, they add fraudulent charges onto bills and the customer service on live chat are very rude.

All in all WORST SERVICE PROVIDER in the UK!!
    • juzzy25
    • By juzzy25 6th Oct 17, 10:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    juzzy25
    My first post, but be careful on Vodafone retention team, my Dad renewed with them and they made all these promises to add 40% off the bill, and also credit £10.50p to sweeten the deal.

Low and behold, they forgot to add the credit, and the auto generated e-mail came up at the original price! Voda allowed me on my Dad's behalf to deal with it and now it's all okay. They claim the managers were too busy at the time to "add the discount"

In all fairness the second person on the phone has rectified this, so I sincerely hope my Dad's deal does go through, judging from the text and e-mail, it looks all okay but I'll be watching MyVodafone like a hawk to see they don't screw up this deal.

This is not the first run in, I've had with creative retention teams, last person promised all these things to get my mother to resign, and yet again "nothing changed for two years!" in all fairness they did credit back all the over-billing for the mistakes (or what I call mis-selling) but be warned that the team can take some creative licence, I've now moved her to a network that offers similar network service but with much better customer service.

To balance so it doesn't look like I'm trying take down Vodafone in my first post, that the network and other services my family uses (I'm with another network who have their own issues) are okay and are pretty solid, Dad loved the fact he could stream Goodwood FoS on his phone and he gets great coverage whilst others in his place of work don't.

EDIT: Just seen the retentions thread - sorry - maybe this should be moved there.
    Last edited by juzzy25; 06-10-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: New to forum, noticed this message may need moving to another thread.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 7th Oct 17, 8:14 AM
    • 7,434 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    but be warned that the team can take some creative licence
    Originally posted by juzzy25
    Very kind. It's not just the retentions team and it's not ""creative licence". Apart from the WRT and the very rare exception, it's mandatory if you work for Vodafone to lie, make false - indeed, any promises, cut you off, send you round the houses - and back again to "go", mess up your bills, direct debits and just about everything and anything, fob you off and - if all that isn't enough - make sure their system won't allow you to log on to view anything that's going on.
    • ratechaser
    • By ratechaser 9th Oct 17, 4:13 PM
    • 459 Posts
    • 363 Thanks
    ratechaser
    There are not enough hyperbole in the world to adequately describe Vodafone's incompetence. I won't bore you all with too much detail, but it basically revolves around me agreeing (against my better judgement) to a deal with retentions, that was never set up properly, that I have to complain about every month to get a resolution. Which I am assured every time will be a permanent fix, but which only lasts a month. And then to get switched to a different package that I didn't request, at a price I do not agree to.

Right now it's sitting somewhere between breach of contract and outright fraud. I'm done with chat and phone, proper letter in the post today, and probably the Ombudsman to follow.

And I will NEVER take a new contract with Vodafone. NEVER.
  • Vodafone
    Just wanted to point out it's been quite a while and nobody got back to me as of yet. I heard wonders about Lee but seems like he's just as interested as his colleagues at the "Customer Service" team?
    Really disappointing.
    Originally posted by fedup_withvodafone
    Hi,

I've checked your email reference number and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you on 20 September.

If you still need help, please reply to the email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Hope to get a response sooner rather than later.
    Originally posted by ashnojutsu
    Hi ashnojutsu,

I've checked this reference and can see that I replied to you on 5 October.

Ukparis and ratechaser,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not having the best of experiences with us at the moment.

If you'd like me to look into things further, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • gerdo
    • By gerdo 10th Oct 17, 10:18 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    gerdo
    proof of purchase
    Hello Vodafone,
    Can you please help me with my proof of purchase request. I submitted a request through the proper channel and I was sent proof of usage and told that I need to contact whoever I bought the phone from to get proof of purchase.

But I bought the phone online directly from Vodafone, it was a retention deal. I have replied several times to proofofpurchase@help.vodafone.co.uk but no one will reply to my mails.

My phone is broken and my insurance company need proof of purchase.

Thanks.
    • danzinsky
    • By danzinsky 10th Oct 17, 2:48 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    danzinsky
    Credit Report Errors - WRT135 [#17133056]
    Hi Lee,

WRT135 [#17133056]

Can you look in to my query for me.

I have 3 old Vodafone accounts still showing on my credit report - they report as 'Active' and 'Payments up to date' every month with no missed payments etc. I only have 1 active account with Vodafone.

Thanks.
    • braduk2k
    • By braduk2k 11th Oct 17, 10:47 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    braduk2k
    Vodafone Incompetence - STOPPING ME Getting MORTGAGE
    Account Number: 7022233796

Trying to get a mortgage.
    Vodafone has screwed that up…

I now have an unfair Default on my account when I was promised it was closed and paid up in March. Subsequent late payments have been added to file and a default. Even though I have had various discussions between then and various false promises it had been resolved.
    • Told on 20th of March 2017 account was complete and up to date
    • Seen Vodafone on WATCHDOG in June for this same issue about not updating credit files correctly - Called up. Told was balance outstanding but could see was!there!issue. Would be cleared and email sent to Credit Report Department to Fix. LIES
    • Webchat on 28th of June 2017 also - call record allegedly lost
    • August got an email from Debt Collection agency
    • Called again on 2nd of September 2017. Had to make a payment. Twice told was!there!error.
    • Promised a call back from Manager to confirm credit file had been fixed due to Vodafone error

DETAILS CAPTURED OF CALL BACK THAT NEVER HAPPENED:
    > Call Handler Huda Aladin
    > Billing Department - Egypt
    > Call Request - ID: 1-7chyjqm5!
    > Manager Name who promised call back - Huda Hassan

NO CALL BACK EVER PROVIDED
    • - Today 10th October - 1 hour in Vodafone store again, no progress. No credit file remediation

As of today 10th of October 2017 I have an unfair Default now on Credit File. When should have been marked as Closed in!March. £32

All as per WATCHDOG episode outlined with outlined with countless people having the same issue.

Also Ex Vodafone Employee.
    Now I CANNOT GET MORTGAGE.
    SHAMEFUL. NEED FIXING TODAY

My credit file needs updating to reflect the information I was advised in March when closing the account, that the balance was up to date and no further charges would be incurred. Feel free to review the call logs. Requested this once already for the call in June. Told call logs lost. How very convenient… For Vodafone

Thanks a lot. Great way to treat an ex Employee and previously loyal customer…
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 11th Oct 17, 10:56 AM
    • 7,434 Posts
    • 2,318 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Re-posting on the right thread won't get you anywhere. You need to follow the advice previously given and repeatedly spelled out on this thread.
  • Vodafone
    Hi danzinsky,

I've checked your email reference and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you last week.

Hi gerdo and braduk2k,

Thanks for making me aware of your experiences.

If you still need help, email us via the contact details provided in post 1128 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

314Posts Today

3,846Users online

Martin's Twitter