Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 55
    • d123
    • By d123 24th Jun 17, 8:42 PM
    • 6,694 Posts
    • 4,268 Thanks
    d123
    I have a dislike for the customer care on Vodafone...whose web chat people will tell you that the problem is high priority and that I will be called back within 48 hrs by

1. Billing escalation team
    2. Team leader who has authority to solve these issues
    3. Manager who will solve straight away
    4. Billing team manager.

Of course these people either don't exist or be been fobbed off.

Why do Vodafone allow these webchat people to tell these fibs ? Waiting for a call that isn't going to arrive is so frustrating !!

Yet they continue to allow or take no notice of what webchat people are doing.

I've had minimal interaction with WRT ( have tried many a time )

When I had contact with the team representing nick Jeffrey that were superb....listened to problem I was having, took notes and rectified what had happened.

Now why can't the webchat people do that ? Why fob me off and tell me fibs, therefore aggravating me and spreading the word of how bad Vodafone are ( or were ).

Perhaps I'm small fry in the great Vodafone world and my money doesn't matter to them, but in this day and age there is no need for this treatment .
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    And yet almost everyone else with a valid complaint is helped by the WRT people in reasonable time scales.

You wonder why (out of all the people with valid issues) it's only you that had all those issues...

Strange, isn't it?
    ====
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 24th Jun 17, 9:52 PM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    And yet almost everyone else with a valid complaint is helped by the WRT people in reasonable time scales.

You wonder why (out of all the people with valid issues) it's only you that had all those issues...

Strange, isn't it?
    Originally posted by d123
    Say what you mean and don't beat about the bush
    • d123
    • By d123 24th Jun 17, 10:37 PM
    • 6,694 Posts
    • 4,268 Thanks
    d123
    Say what you mean and don't beat about the bush
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    I've told you before, either your complaint wasn't reasonable or you made a mess of explaining it when dealing with the WRT.

Your animosity and anger also makes your account of the events now a little questionable as well, just my opinion...
    ====
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 25th Jun 17, 9:59 AM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    I've told you before, either your complaint wasn't reasonable or you made a mess of explaining it when dealing with the WRT.

Your animosity and anger also makes your account of the events now a little questionable as well, just my opinion...
    Originally posted by d123
    Well I value your opinion.

All points of my complaint are valid and documented.
  • Vodafone
    Hi Lee

I have filled out the WRT135 form and reference is 16328832. Please can you help? Help to alleviate this incredibly stressful situation is much appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Originally posted by catscradle
    Hi catscradle,

I've found your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • catscradle
    • By catscradle 27th Jun 17, 12:38 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    catscradle
    Thank you Lee. I look forward to hearing from you.
    PAYDBX 2017 - £6 / £6500
    £2 Savers Club 2017: £98/ £300
    • oharafr
    • By oharafr 4th Jul 17, 1:44 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    oharafr
    ongoing complaint and delays
    Hello,
    I have an ongoing complaint (ref 1-618247814322). Despite a huge number of interactions and promises of call backs we seems to be going in circles. Last contact was Friday 23rd June with a promise of a call back within 5 days.
    Can somebody please assist? I cannot seem to get anywhere.
  • Vodafone
    Hi oharafr,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't called back as arranged.

However, I can confirm that we've got your latest email and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • Nodron
    • By Nodron 10th Jul 17, 10:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nodron
    Hi,
    I have just submitted a query linked to ref no: #16460496
    thank you
    • addedvaluebob
    • By addedvaluebob 15th Jul 17, 7:29 AM
    • 460 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    addedvaluebob
    Just a quick update for all the long suffering vodafone customers on this thread. Went to court a couple of weeks ago, judge found in my favour and yesterday received a cheque for £800+ in full and final settlement of my complaint. Their solicitor tried arguing the case on the points of the contact all of which were thrown out by the judge on the basis of it was their actions that caused the problems in the first place. So if you are having problems stick at it until you get the redress you deserve. I am not completely sure it is completely over as I am awaiting my last bill and having spoken with their call centre yesterday was told by the member of staff that she couldn't see my bill, and given the judge also instructed the immediate cancellation of my contract with no penalties and I have 6 months to run would not be surprised if they add in the cancellation charge. Still at least I have now left vodafone so will be drawing a line under this soon
    • prefdavid
    • By prefdavid 15th Jul 17, 8:58 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    prefdavid

Congratulations.
  • Vodafone
    Hi,
    I have just submitted a query linked to ref no: #16460496
    thank you
    Originally posted by Nodron
    Hi Nodron,

I've just checked your reference number and can see that my colleague replied on 11 July.

I'll check your account to see if there's update and get back to you today.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    • Jeems
    • By Jeems 30th Jul 17, 11:28 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 106 Thanks
    Jeems
    How difficult has it been to upgrade my sim only contract?

Spoke to retentions team on webchat 14th July, agreed a 12 month extension

Noticed on 24th July I was still on the old plan so spoke on webchat again and got it resolved

25th received an email with details of my new contract. Incorrect price. Spoke on webchat for 90mins, they couldnt resolve it, asked me to call 191

26th called 191, guy told me they weren't actually allowed to offer me what they did but would honour it anyway by giving me account credit to make up the difference. Texted me the details - the calculations were slightly off but I decided to let it slide.

29th got an email...plan details correct but seems to have signed me up to a contract until Oct 2019.

Will need to speak to them tomorrow, but wow. All this for a renewal for a long term customer. Awful
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 31st Jul 17, 8:42 AM
    • 7,486 Posts
    • 2,347 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    You don't learn, do you? Keep calling them and they'll keep messing it up and making it increasingly more complicated. Follow the advice on here to contact the WRT team or keep banging your head against the proverbial...
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 1st Aug 17, 8:21 AM
    • 1,046 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Use the nick.jeffery email that is about.

Found them to be much much more helpful and get your issue resolved
    • MikeyC82
    • By MikeyC82 2nd Aug 17, 6:04 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MikeyC82
    Ombudsman Threat
    I contacted Vodafone about 2 years ago asking to leave, they offered me a much better tariff which I went for. for about 4 months (maybe more) they got the bill wrong.

It took hours and hours of webchats, letters, emails and phone calls and after months they fixed the bills. I told them i was not happy with just the bills being fixed due the hours and hours i had wasted getting it sorted.

They offered numerous phone call backs (which I never received), they did not respond to letters and emails, their webchat staff were next to useless. I called them and asked for a letter of deadlock as i wanted to inform the ondbudsman.

They then finally called and said if i get a letter and go to the ondbudsman they will remove any "discounts" (they were never called discounts, just a better plan) and increase my plan!!!

Can they do this?? penalise someone financially for going to the ondbudsman??
    • jrammy90
    • By jrammy90 11th Aug 17, 10:07 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jrammy90
    Hello,

I have just registered as I have been incorrectly overcharged for £350 this month. I did not receive a bill - cannot even view a bill in 'my vodafone'.

I have reference #16700101.

On July 24th I realised I had gone over my data so since then my MiFi box has been off and not used. My contract has previously been renewing on 1st of the month.

During an online chat on July 24, 2017 3:49:14 PM EST I was informed that I had used £54.16 of extra data and if I stopped using the box there would be no extra charges on top of this. To quote the agent:

"Arvind: And if there is any additional charge apart from £54.16 for using additional 4.5GB data
    Arvind: We'll remove that from your account"

I would appreciate help to solve what to me seems like an error, and a bill I was not expecting.

Thank you

Jonathan
    Last edited by jrammy90; 11-08-2017 at 10:18 AM. Reason: Edit
  • Vodafone
    Hi MikeyC82,

I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've received.

If you'd like any help from me, email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check I've received it.

Jonathan - I've checked your email reference number and can see that we replied to your last email a couple of days ago.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    • jrammy90
    • By jrammy90 21st Aug 17, 8:36 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jrammy90
    Dear Lee,

I have been kindly refunded on my £350 bill for extra charges beyond £54.16, which I am happy with as a solution.

However Vodafone excluded my VAT charges on my £350 bill - so my refund was £174.

Is excluding VAT from a refund standard practice? I have not contacted Vodafone to query this as to get the refund I did took many hours.

Best wishes

Jonathan
  • Vodafone
    Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for coming back to me.

If the agreement was to refund the total amount of £350 (inc. VAT) then credits totalling this amount would be applied to your account.

If a further bill had been issued before the credits were applied, the credits would go against this bill with the remaining credit balance being refunded to you.

If you'd like us to check things again, please reply to the last email you received from us.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,054Posts Today

9,663Users online

Martin's Twitter