Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 47
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 17th Mar 17, 10:32 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    I tried many times to post this to Vodafone as requested by Vodafone agent on MSE but they never responded with a reference number for me to put on the forum so I had no choice but to post my problems here.

Since I had my first Vodafone sim only contract last month I had so many problems:

1- First Contract (phone number ending 41): First bill was fine in my name then the second bill was in my wife's name which was very strange as I never asked for a change of ownership. I spent hours on the phone to sort that out and I had to go to vodafone store with my wife to show our IDs.Vodafone staff could not explain why the change happened and how did they get hold of her name and surname which are completely different to mine (She had an account with vodafone over 10 years ago).Eventually managed to have the account back in my name which was very important for me for my tax purposes.

2- The following month I bought another sim only contract (number ending 45) and although I provided another bank account details for payment as I wanted to keep the two numbers separate, vodafone put both numbers under one account and one bill which was not good for me. After hours on the phone to customers service, I have now two accounts but the problem is one account still have both numbers on it (ending 41 and ending 45) while the other account have the number ending (45) only on it and I am worried that I will be billed for the number 45 twice!!

3- I received the sim card for the number ending 45 only 3 days ago and I put it unused in drawer as I am porting my number from BT to this sim on 20 March. Inspite of that, vodafone website is showing current charges of £52 on this sim even though the monthly rent is only £25. Hours on the phone to customer service and they could not explain the charges on this un used sim!.

Is vodafone going to compensate me for my wasted time and sort out out all these issues? For God sake I have been with you for only a month and had all these problems. I am a professional and I do not have the time to waste on these things. I still have sim cards with BT and 3 and I never had to call their customer service once during the contract period.
    Last edited by sam1970; 17-03-2017 at 10:36 AM.
    something missing
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 17th Mar 17, 11:55 AM
    • 482 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Then it's Vodafone you need to speak with. The only effective way of so doing is by contacting the WRT as instructed on here.
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie
    I have - I posted on this "Vodafone" thread in case anybody else has had a similar experience?
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 20th Mar 17, 6:22 PM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    As if I did not have enough problems with Vodafone, here is another one. I was expecting number porting from BT today (Submitted online request a week ago and chose today's date for porting). Waited all day..nothing happened...called their porting Dep. they said I should wait till 8pm. I insisted on them checking the system to confirm things and they could not find the porting request so it will not happen today. I am not young..I am already 50 and on blood pressure tablets and all this is not good for my health. Vodafone..I have been with you for just over a month and you are going to kill me before the end of the contract
    something missing
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 22nd Mar 17, 10:13 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    Here is another problem today...the number ending 141 which has been working fine (not the one I am porting from BT today) has stopped working today for no obvious reason. Called Vodafone and they said there is a problem from their side and may take 24 hours to resume the service.....Never had this crap with any other company before....what is next ?
    something missing
    • MillsBTRS
    • By MillsBTRS 22nd Mar 17, 11:50 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    MillsBTRS
    Vodafone RPI increase - is it legal?
    HI,
    I have been with Vodafone for well over 5years. Once again stayed with them for another 24month contract starting in January 2017 as they are very good service reception in the London area.

However, I have received a text from them saying my monthly plan will be increasing by 3.2% in line with some RPI that has been released. Increasing my monthly payments.

Is this legal?

I find it bad enough that they do have one of the worst Data packages available but I find their network works best around London hence I have stood by them.
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 22nd Mar 17, 11:53 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    Here is another problem today...the number ending 141 which has been working fine (not the one I am porting from BT today) has stopped working today for no obvious reason. Called Vodafone and they said there is a problem from their side and may take 24 hours to resume the service.....Never had this crap with any other company before....what is next ?
    Originally posted by sam1970
    I found out the problem after two hours on the phone to Vodafone and speaking to at least 5 agents who put me on hold then line keeps cutting off.....They ported my number from BT but to the wrong Vodafone number...what a nightmare...and on top..my BT sim has obviously stopped working and now I am completely uncontactable..and I am a hospital doctor and Iam on call today
    Last edited by sam1970; 22-03-2017 at 12:24 PM.
    something missing
  • Vodafone
    Hi sam1970,

Further to our reply here, I can confirm that we'll get back to you in reply to your latest email as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 22nd Mar 17, 5:17 PM
    • 7,355 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    HI,
    I have been with Vodafone for well over 5years. Once again stayed with them for another 24month contract starting in January 2017 as they are very good service reception in the London area.

However, I have received a text from them saying my monthly plan will be increasing by 3.2% in line with some RPI that has been released. Increasing my monthly payments.

Is this legal?

I find it bad enough that they do have one of the worst Data packages available but I find their network works best around London hence I have stood by them.
    Originally posted by MillsBTRS
    It is. Usually contracts on all networks allow for an annual increase limited to the RPI (though the last RPI was 2.6%, excluding the latest which would be after the calculation they have made). If more than the RPI you should have the right to cancel without charge.
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 22nd Mar 17, 7:09 PM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    Hi sam1970,

Further to our reply here, I can confirm that we'll get back to you in reply to your latest email as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    I am sorry but I have lost confidence in Vodafone completely. You ported my BT number to the wrong vodafone number and although I managed to cancel that porting and recover the vodafone number (over 3 hours on the phone to customers service) but now both my BT and vodafone sim cards are dead and I did not have a phone to use since 11 am. I have just been to vodafone store and they could not help.
    something missing
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 23rd Mar 17, 7:47 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    Nearly 24 hours later and still no network signal. I ported mobile numbers so many times...more than I can remember...and I have never been unable to use my phone for more than few minutes, at the worst. Vodafone still live in the 1990's by the look of things...very disgusting service
    something missing
    • alykatz
    • By alykatz 24th Mar 17, 11:52 AM
    • 823 Posts
    • 686 Thanks
    alykatz
    I am wondering if someone here can please help me as im losing the will to live and am at the point of not being able to pick up the phone and just call to sort things out as i feel im just going to scream at someone.
    Have been with vodafone for years but since i renewed my contract last august i have had nothing but problems with my bills.

The last correct bill i had was last October since then i am having to call every month to get then to sort things out . This is really not good enough and am at the point of tearing my hair out now please can someone help.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 24th Mar 17, 12:20 PM
    • 7,355 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    The WRT team could if you follow the perennial instructions on this thread and contact them.
    • d123
    • By d123 24th Mar 17, 12:58 PM
    • 6,496 Posts
    • 4,181 Thanks
    d123
    I am wondering if someone here can please help me as im losing the will to live and am at the point of not being able to pick up the phone and just call to sort things out as i feel im just going to scream at someone.
    Have been with vodafone for years but since i renewed my contract last august i have had nothing but problems with my bills.

The last correct bill i had was last October since then i am having to call every month to get then to sort things out . This is really not good enough and am at the point of tearing my hair out now please can someone help.
    Originally posted by alykatz
    I presume you have missed the multitude of posts in this thread about how to contact the Vodafone forum team?
    ====
    • BTreadaway
    • By BTreadaway 24th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BTreadaway
    Appaling Vodaphone customer service
    I was a Vodafone customer for over 10 years.
    Problems started with my Account in 2015.
    At the end of April 2016 I upgraded to a new Phone. However I had no service at all for the month of May.
    After numerous phonecalls to various Vodaphone customer service people all around the world - Egypt, Cape Town, Ireland, New York...no one fixed the problem despite reassuring me once again that my phone would work in 48 hours and that the problem was sorted!
    I handed back my upgrade within the 30 day trial period, and i closed/cancelled my account with Vodafone having cleared my bill with them.
    I did this at our local Vodafone store to be sure everything was done properly.

Since then I have had various notifications that my account was overdue, despite the fact that I am no longer a Vodafone Customer, and can no longer even get into my old account.
    I would immediately spend yet another 2 hours calling Vodafone to sort out the problem.
    At one point they billed me for over £1000, which my Bank paid, because i had had a direct debit account with Vodafone.
    I had cancelled the direct debit with my Bank, and Vodafone. That month the amount taken from my account pushed me into overdraught!
    I continued to get text messages that my account was overdue for various amounts.
    I would call immediately, and was told by every Vodafone Customer service person, that there was no money owed, and to ignore the texts, because everything was sorted.

This has continued since May 2016 until now.
    I received a letter from vodafone on the 20th February, saying Overdue payment - final notice.
    Once again i phoned Vodafone, and spoke to Harry in Egypt. I always ask for the operators surname and a reference number, but am told that is not possible.
    He assured me that everything was sorted once again, no need to worry at all, and that no, I would not be handed over.

On the 14th March I received a letter from ADVANTIS DEBT COLLECTION SERVICE, saying they were instructed by Vodafone to contact me for an outstanding bill.
    I have phoned ADVANTIS, and they say they need to get back to Vodafone, and will be in touch.
    I am at my wits end....
    I have spent more time over the past year on the phone to Vodafone all around the world, than my own family...to no avail!
    I would be grateful and thankful for any help to finally have everything sorted properly.
    It is hugely frustrating to get a different person around the world every time you call about help for the very same problem, and have to start at the beginning once again.
    We customers are just another voice at the end of a line, that the operator will never have to speak to again.
    So any problem, is passed on and on again. No one can be held accountable ever.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 24th Mar 17, 5:39 PM
    • 7,355 Posts
    • 2,275 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Read the thread.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 24th Mar 17, 8:23 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    Vodafone billing is a shambles and your best not being with them.

NO ONE in the organisation including the WRT have any idea of what's going on. Been there and done that.

I can offer no words of advice to you, others maybe...

Don't join Vodafone under any circumstances, the effort involved in fixing problems is immense and just not worth the blood pressure tablets.
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 26th Mar 17, 10:52 AM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    Vodafone billing is a shambles and your best not being with them.

NO ONE in the organisation including the WRT have any idea of what's going on. Been there and done that.

I can offer no words of advice to you, others maybe...

Don't join Vodafone under any circumstances, the effort involved in fixing problems is immense and just not worth the blood pressure tablets.
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Unfortunately too late for me. My first bill is not generated yet and their website already showing extra charges of £25 on top of the £25 plan rent. No one from vodafone can explain the extra charges even though the site clearly says that I did not use any thing outside of my allowance. I have a feeling they are charging me twice the rent for the same number. This on top of the scandal last week when they ported my number from BT and assigned it to some one else's sim card. It took 48 hours to sort out (after hours on the phone to customer service and two visits to vodafone store) and left me without a working sim card for 48 hours. The WRT team keep emailing calming messages saying they are looking into things and they are pleased that problem is now sorted...but they really dont do any thing. It is all up to the customer to chase.
    something missing
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 26th Mar 17, 2:07 PM
    • 1,044 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    They are beyond a nightmare.

I always tried to use webchat and therefore you can have a transcript of the discussion you are having, and therefore have something to refer to.

The shops are exactly that...just there to sell you something, I don't think they have any authority to solve problems.

Good luck
    • RightyTightyLeftyLoosey
    • By RightyTightyLeftyLoosey 26th Mar 17, 4:33 PM
    • 302 Posts
    • 862 Thanks
    RightyTightyLeftyLoosey
    Ongoing overcharge
    Well, I'm going to try posting here to gain the attention of someone from Voda, as I'm stuck in some sort of circular discussion with CS/LiveChat.

Vodafone have been charging me for Spotify for nearly 2 years, when it was supposed to be included in my plan. But every month you send me a charming text to say you've added an additional £10 to my charges.

All 4 contracts we have are up for renewal in the next 6 months. I've been a Voda customer for over 20 years, since I was a member of staff.

If you can manage to correct your mistake and reimburse the overcharge, I might not move all of these contracts to another service provider.
    • sam1970
    • By sam1970 26th Mar 17, 7:37 PM
    • 1,016 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    sam1970
    I have just started my second vodafone contract which comes with entertainment pack. I am so worried that Vodafone will just get another thing wrong that I am not activating the entertainment option which should be free. This is how I worried about touching anything on my vodafone account
    something missing
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

994Posts Today

6,659Users online

Martin's Twitter