Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • YaoSong
    • By YaoSong 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    • 37Posts
    • 26Thanks
    YaoSong
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread
    • 15th Jan 16, 11:26 AM
    Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread 15th Jan 16 at 11:26 AM
    Hi everyone,

With the number of Vodafone topics and posts within specific threads (Vodafone complaints) we are providing the standard process for submitting feedback, questions, and complaints to the Vodafone WRT (Web Forum Team). After that there are some additional routes you can take to escalate and progress your case. We do not guarantee you will get your required outcome but from experience the below advice has been very productive for many users and Vodafone customers on this forum.

- To submit a question or complaint please use the 'Contact Us' form - http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm

- To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

- As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. You can post it on the forum and someone such as Lee (Vodafone) will check it has been received. It can take at least 2 - 5 days for a response from Vodafone.

Escalation

Alternative options to this are using the experience and knowledge of those on the forum, but more often than not the above WRT process will be the most appropriate and constructive approach. However, there are some methods which can be employed for escalation if you have tried the above and feel your engagement is reaching a deadlock scenario:

1. Contacting Ofcom - http://www.ofcom.org.uk/about/what-is-ofcom/contact-us/
    Register your complaint with Ofcom so as a regulator they can record complaints against Vodafone (and others). This will also provide you with a reference to let Vodafone know you have informed them.

2. Contacting the Ombudsman - http://www.ombudsman-services.org/what-are-you-complaining-about-os.html
    This is an arbitration service for handling disputes and they will investigate your complaint with the objective of reaching an amicable resolution between you and Vodafone.

As a rule of thumb and for most cases, these will only be available to those who have been in contact with Vodafone for approximately 8 weeks although if you are getting no response to constructive communication and/or conversations have reached deadlock you can start these proceedings early.

The importance of EVIDENCE

• Log every conversation you have with summaries, names of the agents, and dates and times
    • Record your conversations where possible
      • The resolver app can do this, but other smartphone apps can also be utilised
      • If you decide to record the conversation you must notify the agent at the start of the call
    • Request a summarising email from the agent at the end of your call
    • It may be difficult, but try to remain calm and clear, i.e. firm, about the scenario. The agent is human and deals with many unhappy users so putting their back up will not help your case
    • Agree at least one action at the end of the call. This can be the summarising email, a response within an agreed period. This will provide timescales and constructive progress for your case.

If you reach escalation with one of the telecom monitoring bodies then all the above evidence and logs will not only save you time, but avoid any doubt or missed key events during your engagement with Vodafone.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Yao
    Last edited by YaoSong; 20-01-2016 at 9:36 AM.
Page 46
    • d123
    • By d123 27th Feb 17, 11:04 AM
    • 6,615 Posts
    • 4,238 Thanks
    d123
    I'm very calm thank you.

Safe in the knowledge that I am no longer a Vodafone customer and I will never be again. And anything I can do to persuade people not to be a customer is a win for me.
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    I'm not a customer anymore either and have no intention of becoming one again, however your posting method is anything but calm, go back and re-read your previous posts on this page, they have a thin edge of emotional hysteria in them, if you really want to dissuade people from joining Vodafone you need to do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a crazy ex-customer with a grudge...
    ====
  • Vodafone
    Hi all,

Hoax_1987 – I can see the team have resolved this for you. If you need further help, please let them know.

Marrak, jammygibb5, FinsburyPark59– So we can look into this further, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code EFT195.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

EllasPa – So we can check on this, please confirm the reference number you received in the automated email.

dondo and Wakefieldu – I'm glad to hear this has been resolved, if there's anything else we can help with let us know.

sghughes42 – So we can help with this, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we'll check we've received it.

007james – As your account is currently being handled by the Ombudsman team, we’d be unable to assist further with your account at this time.

Thanks,

Natasha
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Last edited by Vodafone; 27-02-2017 at 1:04 PM.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • EllasPa
    • By EllasPa 27th Feb 17, 1:35 PM
    • 1,242 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    EllasPa
    Hi all,

Hoax_1987 – I can see the team have resolved this for you. If you need further help, please let them know.

Marrak, jammygibb5, FinsburyPark59– So we can look into this further, please email us via the form here.

EllasPa – So we can check on this, please confirm the reference number you received in the automated email.

dondo and Wakefieldu – I'm glad to hear this has been resolved, if there's anything else we can help with let us know.

sghughes42 – So we can help with this, please email us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

007james – As your account is currently being handled by the Ombudsman team, we’d be unable to assist further with your account at this time.

Thanks,

Natasha
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    Hi Natasha

I don't even receive an automated email once I submit. I have checked spam/junk folders too. Please could you private message me and I will give you the details. EllasPa
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 28th Feb 17, 2:03 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    I'm not a customer anymore either and have no intention of becoming one again, however your posting method is anything but calm, go back and re-read your previous posts on this page, they have a thin edge of emotional hysteria in them, if you really want to dissuade people from joining Vodafone you need to do it in a way that doesn't make you look like a crazy ex-customer with a grudge...
    Originally posted by d123
    Err I don't think so.

However you cannot imagine How frustrating it is when dealing with VF....one person tells you one thing and another tells you something else. Then they take random amounts from my account and cut me off for being in credit !!!!

A shocking life experience these people are..

Nothing upon nothing would ever make me join them again
    • d123
    • By d123 28th Feb 17, 2:39 PM
    • 6,615 Posts
    • 4,238 Thanks
    d123
    Err I don't think so.

However you cannot imagine How frustrating it is when dealing with VF....one person tells you one thing and another tells you something else. Then they take random amounts from my account and cut me off for being in credit !!!!

A shocking life experience these people are..

Nothing upon nothing would ever make me join them again
    Originally posted by dazzaofdagenham
    Why can't I imagine something I went through only last month?
    ====
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 28th Feb 17, 5:18 PM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    There's nothing new here.
    • dazzaofdagenham
    • By dazzaofdagenham 28th Feb 17, 9:07 PM
    • 1,045 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    dazzaofdagenham
    There's nothing new here.
    Originally posted by mobilejunkie

Waste of a post
    • Ronnn
    • By Ronnn 4th Mar 17, 10:16 AM
    • 16 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ronnn
    Hi 15476672 but forgot to put mse on it
  • Vodafone
    Hi everyone,

EllasPa - So we can assist you further with your account, please resubmit the form after clearing your cache and cookies then trying an alternative browser.

Ronnn - Thanks for providing us with your reference number. I can see that the team have been in touch. Should you have any further queries, please respond to our latest email.

Thanks,

Natasha
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • EllasPa
    • By EllasPa 9th Mar 17, 9:49 AM
    • 1,242 Posts
    • 1,864 Thanks
    EllasPa
    Hi everyone,

EllasPa - So we can assist you further with your account, please resubmit the form after clearing your cache and cookies then trying an alternative browser.

Ronnn - Thanks for providing us with your reference number. I can see that the team have been in touch. Should you have any further queries, please respond to our latest email.

Thanks,

Natasha
    Social Media Operations
    Vodafone UK
    Originally posted by Vodafone
    Hi Natasha

I decided to use Resolver instead. Yesterday I received a letter from Vodaphone confirming everything was clear and the account is closed. I was really impressed with resolver and would recommend anyone to use this free service if you are struggling with a complaint.
    • ajp1309
    • By ajp1309 10th Mar 17, 3:42 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 43 Thanks
    ajp1309
    I am another that is leaving vodafone after over 20 years. Just find it so hard to try and get some one to explain a bill to me its not worth the hassle.
  • Vodafone
    Hi Natasha

I decided to use Resolver instead. Yesterday I received a letter from Vodaphone confirming everything was clear and the account is closed. I was really impressed with resolver and would recommend anyone to use this free service if you are struggling with a complaint.
    Originally posted by EllasPa
    Thanks for letting us know that this has been resolved for you EllasPa.

I am another that is leaving vodafone after over 20 years. Just find it so hard to try and get some one to explain a bill to me its not worth the hassle.
    Originally posted by ajp1309
    ajp1309, if you'd like us to take a look at your account, please email us via the form here.

Thanks,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • JonSargent1982
    • By JonSargent1982 13th Mar 17, 10:26 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JonSargent1982
    15550053 - reference number

Mother in Law has been trying to change to a nano-sim to upgrade her phone for weeks with no success.... please could you help look into it as it's driving her insane with no help from the complaints team or resolution in site. I've been and bought a nano sim and completed the online forms but still not transferred 36 hours later !

She's not technologically gifted hence this is even more frustrating/confusing for her!
  • Vodafone
    Hi JonSargent1982,

I've just checked your reference and can see that we replied earlier today.

If your mother-in-law needs any further help, let us know.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 16th Mar 17, 2:26 PM
    • 665 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    Online upgrade/contract
    In 2014, I took out a contract with Vodafone through Carphonewarehouse for my stepdaughter. I signed a paper contract, the direct debit was through her bank account and everything was hunky-dory. 2 months ago, having assumed that the original contract was finished I enquired as to whether my name is still linked to her mobile number/account.

Now I have learnt that in Oct 2015 she was able to upgrade to a more expensive phone directly with Vodafone and also, add another ipad/data number to the account, all online, without my knowledge.

My question is - how is this able to happen? I have never seen a contract for this new upgrade/additional phone so is it binding? My stepdaughter has not lived with me for 2 years now yet she was able to use my name, date of birth and old address to obtain 2 products. Even if she was able to upgrade online, surely a signature was needed on paper, either for the contract or she would need to sign for the new phone & tablet when picking it up from a shop?
    Last edited by bertiewhite; 17-03-2017 at 8:28 AM.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 16th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    I've had scores of contracts and never signed for any of them. Mine are all done on-line. If she had all your details and got a male friend to do it over the phone it would have been easy.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 17th Mar 17, 7:48 AM
    • 665 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    I've had scores of contracts and never signed for any of them. Mine are all done on-line. If she had all your details and got a male friend to do it over the phone it would have been easy.
    and how about actually taking possession of the phone? She used an old address which neither of us were living at anymore so I'm assuming she would have had to pickup in store. Surely they wouldn't have just handed over a phone to just anybody?
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 17th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    I can't answer supposition. The upgrade would have been easy. As for the handover of the phone... ask CPW. They are the people you should be taking this up with.
    • bertiewhite
    • By bertiewhite 17th Mar 17, 8:29 AM
    • 665 Posts
    • 671 Thanks
    bertiewhite
    I can't answer supposition. The upgrade would have been easy. As for the handover of the phone... ask CPW. They are the people you should be taking this up with.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that the original contract was taken out through CPW but the upgrade directly through Vodafone.
    • mobilejunkie
    • By mobilejunkie 17th Mar 17, 9:46 AM
    • 7,435 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    mobilejunkie
    Then it's Vodafone you need to speak with. The only effective way of so doing is by contacting the WRT as instructed on here.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

362Posts Today

2,847Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin